Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ricardo.procopi
lvl.1

Mexico

Hi guys:

I've the phantom 4 pro.

For this drone:

It's possible to guarantee a high percentage in the Precision Landing?

What conditions are needed to achieve this?

According to the manual, these are the considerations:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m5yf772zd7b6z5n/Selecci%C3%B3n_002.png?dl=0

I know it sounds crazy, but I could do something on a surface like the photo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fck7gumhgwfppg5/IMG_20190122_140613312.jpg?dl=0

This, belongs to a "drone box" controlled by a PLC system.

Any idea would be of great help.

Regards.

2019-3-21
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I would just offer this opinion. Although the phantom series seems to do a very good job with returning to the Home point very well, it can often be off several feet. I for one would not want to rely on the phantom to land exactly where it took off, or to some other point you try to insert as a return point, not sure how you would do that myself. GPS is pretty accurate, but with that being said, it can vary quite a bit too. I never have mine land without having it in my view. Most of the times I will take control of it when it gets within a close distance to me so I have control of what is going on. I understand what you are wanting, but in my opinion I would be reluctant to depend on it landing unattended to some predetermined point.
2019-3-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes ... that should be fine for precision landing.
2019-3-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RicardoGray Posted at 3-21 12:40
I would just offer this opinion. Although the phantom series seems to do a very good job with returning to the Home point very well, it can often be off several feet. I for one would not want to rely on the phantom to land exactly where it took off, or to some other point you try to insert as a return point, not sure how you would do that myself. GPS is pretty accurate, but with that being said, it can vary quite a bit too. I never have mine land without having it in my view. Most of the times I will take control of it when it gets within a close distance to me so I have control of what is going on. I understand what you are wanting, but in my opinion I would be reluctant to depend on it landing unattended to some predetermined point.

He was asking about the Precision Landing feature - not about GPS.
2019-3-21
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I find my P4P's precision landing is near spot on majority of the time, i.e in or on the center circle of my landing pad, the minority times is when the take/landing spot is too uniform, such as taking of from a track, but its always on the worn wheel tracks and never lands on the grass section either side of the wheel tracks i find the best practise is, is to use a Landing Pad, failing that, and your are on say a field, it will struggle to land in the exact same spot, you must break up the bland grass pattern somehow.

Also use the Auto take off and and tick the precision box before using that slider, if no tick box is present, wait a short time, then hit the Auto take off butt and see if the tick box is shown, but have that ticked else I dont think it ill take a photo of the take off spot thats needed for the precision landing.

Ok, i have rambled on a bit, but thats cause i use it all the time, and it still amazes me how precises it is, especially compared to my mates Mavic Pro (1) , that is normally on the outer ring and many times partly off the landing mat
2019-3-21
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

I find the precision take off generally returns a very accurate landing except for when the initial take off is effected by a cross wind.
2019-3-22
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-21 13:28
He was asking about the Precision Landing feature - not about GPS.

Ok, thanks Labroides for clearing that up.
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry.  The Phantom 4 Pro's downward vision system will capture a frame of the Home Point during takeoff. When Return-to-Home is initiated, the Phantom 4 Pro will match the current scenery with the captured frame. If the Phantom 4 Pro judges that it has flown close to the Home Point, it will move horizontally to the Home Point.To determine whether Precision Landing is initiated, check whether the Phantom 4 Pro yaws to its flight angle when it takes off during Return-to-Home.If the precision landing is effective, the maximum error-free can be controlled within 0.7 meters.

2019-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules