2242 9 2019-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aero-Drone Imagery
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1048652 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just recieved the Olympus 14-42mm "pancake" lens for my X5S today. Went out to do a test run at a local school in my neighborhood. Shot these photos at an altitude of 100' at an unknown distance. Though I was skeptical due to the actual size of the lens, I have to say that I am fairly impressed with the outcome...

DJI_0017e_edited-2s.jpg
DJI_0016e_edited-2s.jpg
DJI_0015e_edited-2s.jpg
DJI_0014e_edited-2s.jpg
2019-3-21
Use props
The Introvert Speaks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does this lens feature the zoom slider in the GoApp?
2019-3-22
Use props
Aero-Drone Imagery
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The Introvert Speaks Posted at 3-22 05:05
Does this lens feature the zoom slider in the GoApp?

Yes, the Olympus 14-42mm "pancake" version is a motorized zoom, whereas the Olympus 14-42 II is a manual zoom (same with the Olympus 9-18mm). Any compatible motorized zoom lens used with the X5 or X5S will be recognized as such and subsequently the zoom slider will automatically appear in the DJI Go app.

Happy and safe flying,

Jason Q
Aero-Drone Imagery
2019-3-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice comparison
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for sharing your test and comparison. Well done. Cheers!
2019-3-22
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing, looks great
2019-3-24
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Nice images
2019-3-25
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does the zoom actually work smoothly on the Inspire 2?  did you have any balance problems? With the X5/X5R on the I1 the zoom is useless for video as it is jumpy and rough, On the Osmo it's smooth like butter, the bad thing is if you don't follow focus during zoom it will get lost. I also developed a balance issue that makes the lens bounce wildly at times rendering it useless with or without the Balancing Ring from DJI
2019-3-28
Use props
Aero-Drone Imagery
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 3-28 12:57
Does the zoom actually work smoothly on the Inspire 2?  did you have any balance problems? With the X5/X5R on the I1 the zoom is useless for video as it is jumpy and rough, On the Osmo it's smooth like butter, the bad thing is if you don't follow focus during zoom it will get lost. I also developed a balance issue that makes the lens bounce wildly at times rendering it useless with or without the Balancing Ring from DJI

I have had no issues with the I2 using this lens. I will say that I am not flying a lot of videography jobs, especially that require any real speed that would test the limits of the X5S gimbal. My method of balancing this lens is the balancing ring that was designed for the lens, with a UV filter on the end of that, seems to work well. Hope this info helps, feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

Happy and Safe Flying!

Jason Q
Aero-Drone Imagery
2019-3-30
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Aero-Drone Imagery Posted at 3-30 16:53
I have had no issues with the I2 using this lens. I will say that I am not flying a lot of videography jobs, especially that require any real speed that would test the limits of the X5S gimbal. My method of balancing this lens is the balancing ring that was designed for the lens, with a UV filter on the end of that, seems to work well. Hope this info helps, feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

Happy and Safe Flying!

Thank you for your insight, What size is the UV filter, maybe that's all I'm missing. SI fly me I found a lens hood on eBay that is a perfect match for this lens, but it would not fit with the balance ring, for some reason and it's really strange, or maybe not, the balance ring's threads seem to be a different size than that of the lens itself. but it was all for naught anyway as this hood is very wide and I'll have to screw it on after the lens extends and must be careful to remove it before the lens retracts
2019-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules