Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI acknowledges Goggles RE design flaw
32519 448 2019-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike1983
lvl.3
United Kingdom

UNsyncED Posted at 4-5 22:42
Interesting description. I’m glad to see that they didn’t charge you. I’m glad that things have worked out for you.

Well I've not got them back yet so let's wait and see what next next weekend brings!  I'll report back in due course, things sound positive from your experience though.
2019-4-6
Use props
Mike1983
lvl.3
United Kingdom

djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa Posted at 4-6 04:08
So what range should we be looking at anyone had repairs done like to let us know

Will do.  I'm surrounded by fields so I'll aim to do a decent range test and report back next weekend (repaired goggles due back next week).
2019-4-6
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa Posted at 4-6 04:08
So what range should we be looking at anyone had repairs done like to let us know

The expected range, in 1080p, according to DJI’s advertising is 5 miles (7+ km). Obviously I haven’t tested to this distance, or anywhere near it, so can’t comment on the functionality of the Goggles as advertised.
2019-4-6
Use props
OllieM2P-Aus
lvl.2
Australia

Speaking of range guys - if you're in australia whats the largest range you've got with your M2 so far? Mine was 1.2 km before I started losing a lot of reception and called it home.
Now that's a LOT less than the 5miles/8km advertised, but it's a lot better than the 200m my old spark used to get.

I need to test my goggles again, with the antenna attached and see what happens before making a warranty claim for the goggles. Is there a time limit on doing this?
2019-4-6
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

OllieM2P-Aus Posted at 4-6 19:29
Speaking of range guys - if you're in australia whats the largest range you've got with your M2 so far? Mine was 1.2 km before I started losing a lot of reception and called it home.
Now that's a LOT less than the 5miles/8km advertised, but it's a lot better than the 200m my old spark used to get.

Hi Ollie, it sounds like your goggles don’t have an issue. When you fly with the goggles, and when the goggles lose reception, do both the goggles and RC freeze/crash and the only way to recover is to turn your goggles off?

Even if you do have this issue, the Australian Consumer legislation would cover any manufacturer’s issue, so no need to get it fixed straight away. Nor lose sleep ;-)
2019-4-6
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

OllieM2P-Aus Posted at 4-6 19:29

Another thing that you can try to verify that everything is working is set both the Goggles and RC to 1080p30, as well as setting the RC to ”Dual” transmission. See how far your drone travels before losing connection., and does the goggles and RC crash/freeze.
2019-4-7
Use props
kerberos
Captain
Flight distance : 2847851 ft
  • >>>
Italy

After months since I purchased the Goggles RE, I was able to try them as they deserved just today. I flew without any issues more than 2km far, no hiccups or radio/video signal loss. The transmission was set on dual (2.4/5.8Ghz) and the pagoda antenna was installed on the goggles. Very satisfied.
2019-4-7
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

kerberos Posted at 4-7 13:19
After months since I purchased the Goggles RE, I was able to try them as they deserved just today. I flew without any issues more than 2km far, no hiccups or radio/video signal loss. The transmission was set on dual (2.4/5.8Ghz) and the pagoda antenna was installed on the goggles. Very satisfied.

I’m glad that you’ve had a good experience. Based upon what I’m seeing with owners who are having issues, they purchased the Goggles RE in the early days. I’m not sure when the PCB design was changed and implemented into the Goggles. Maybe DJI could comment. I haven’t heard of anyone who purchased the M2 and Goggles RE combo with issues.
2019-4-7
Use props
byhead
lvl.4
United States

Mindy and fellow Mavic flyers:  Been into RC Heli's for 15 years, and extremely excited to become
a DJI product ower!  I have the SPARK, MAVIC PRO !, MAVIC PRO PLATINUM, MAVIC PRO 2, AND
A TELLO!  Last year I wanted the Goggles RE and bought them from a company (not DJI) who
had them returned from a former purchaser. The 125$ discount intrigued me to buy.
  I got my M2P 9-8-18 direct from Shenzhen.  Full retail at $1449, just prior to the increase 50$.
NOW since i didn't get the GOGGLES from DJI, will they honor my receipt?

*Please note: My RE set had the exact same issue as 100's of posters on the FORUMS!
RANGE was only out perhaps 500 feet, until DISCONNECT requiring the RE's OFF, resume
flight and out to neary 2 miles in the city on the Occusync v2.0 Both 2.4 & 5 gig bands
on an Iphone 8.     (With & without the CIRCULAR antenna btw...)
In closing please allow me to praise DJI for my M2P which came to my house from
China in 3 days!!!!
Byron
2019-4-7
Use props
djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17439970 ft
Australia

UNsyncED appreciate all the work you have done with the range issues yourself and others have had and am seeking some advice. I bought the RE goggles 6/7 months ago for my mp1 without any problem would have reception until RTH kicked in . Three months ago I purchased M2Z on my first flight no antenna Dual mode over some trees 100 metres away lost reception to goggles after doing alot of reading I read a post in a thread that suggested using the pagoda antenna going into HD settings on RC change from Dual to 2.4ghz then custom 20mhz band width then back to auto doing this under perfect conditions has allowed me to fly with 1080p reception till RTH which on my M2Z is just short of 6km now my problem is why doesn't Dual mode work and I'm sure the antenna was never suppose to be part of the setup I'm concerned as to what I should do without the antenna it's useless with M2Z but with mp1 no antenna 3.5km any advice you may have would be appreciated. I'm hoping your testing reveals something
2019-4-7
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa Posted at 4-7 19:54
UNsyncED appreciate all the work you have done with the range issues yourself and others have had and am seeking some advice. I bought the RE goggles 6/7 months ago for my mp1 without any problem would have reception until RTH kicked in . Three months ago I purchased M2Z on my first flight no antenna Dual mode over some trees 100 metres away lost reception to goggles after doing alot of reading I read a post in a thread that suggested using the pagoda antenna going into HD settings on RC change from Dual to 2.4ghz then custom 20mhz band width then back to auto doing this under perfect conditions has allowed me to fly with 1080p reception till RTH which on my M2Z is just short of 6km now my problem is why doesn't Dual mode work and I'm sure the antenna was never suppose to be part of the setup I'm concerned as to what I should do without the antenna it's useless with M2Z but with mp1 no antenna 3.5km any advice you may have would be appreciated. I'm hoping your testing reveals something

It seems that when the Goggles transition from 5.8 to 2.4 ghz, or vise versa, it causes the RC and Goggles to freeze. Supposedly the 2.4 ghz frequency can transmit and receive 1080p up to 1.2 km, but that is in ideal conditions, and the 5.8 ghz can transmit and receive 1080p up to 5 miles or 7+ km. If you set the frequency to 2.4 ghz the goggles won’t crash.  The Mavic Pro can only transmit on the 2.4 ghz range, and that’s why the issue wasn’t detected with the goggles RE connected to the Mavic Pro.

Unfortunately it sounds like your Goggles are also suffering from the same issue as is I had.  Would be worth sending it in for repair and let DJI Mindy know your case file. She assisted my goggles go through the repair process.

I hope that this is helpful.
2019-4-7
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

byhead Posted at 4-7 18:32
Mindy and fellow Mavic flyers:  Been into RC Heli's for 15 years, and extremely excited to become
a DJI product ower!  I have the SPARK, MAVIC PRO !, MAVIC PRO PLATINUM, MAVIC PRO 2, AND
A TELLO!  Last year I wanted the Goggles RE and bought them from a company (not DJI) who

Yes, DJI will honor a repair on their product whether it was purchased directly from DJI or a third party (retailer). I purchased my goggles re from a 3rd party (retailer), and there was no issues in having them repaired.
2019-4-7
Use props
djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa
Second Officer
Australia

Thanks for the advice I decided to try and check all firmware was up to date and everything was compatible after redoing everything I took it for a fly and all worked I'm not sure what firmware the goggles were using but it was. 007 that was the latest and hard to install kept failing right at the end. Anyway went for second fly of the day to give Dual mode ago fired everything up no warnings confirmed I was in Dual mode and with not alot of confidence of I went perfect conditions perfect reception 1080p 3.5km in Dual mode I don't no what changed. More confused still don't believe it will try again in the morning thanks again.
2019-4-8
Use props
djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa
Second Officer
Australia

UNsyncED Posted at 4-7 22:59
It seems that when the Goggles transition from 5.8 to 2.4 ghz, or vise versa, it causes the RC and Goggles to freeze. Supposedly the 2.4 ghz frequency can transmit and receive 1080p up to 1.2 km, but that is in ideal conditions, and the 5.8 ghz can transmit and receive 1080p up to 5 miles or 7+ km. If you turn the resolution down and set the frequency to 2.4 ghz (with no changing of frequency) the goggles won’t crash.  The Mavic Pro can only transmit on the 2.4 ghz range, and that’s why the issue wasn’t detected with the goggles RE connected to the Mavic Pro.

Unfortunately it sounds like your Goggles are also suffering from the same issue as is I had.  Would be worth sending it in for repair and let DJI Mindy know your case file. She assist the goggles go through the repair process.

Thanks for the reply after I read it I decided to start from scratch and go through everything after checking all firmware was up to date and reflashed I went to give Dual mode another go it worked why I'm not sure and was not to confident but managed 3.5km in 1080p firmware is the only thing I can think it might have been the goggles kept getting to 97/99% and stopping but something changed and it was 007 I thought it was 006 not sure why . Will try again tomorrow hopefully it still works
2019-4-8
Use props
djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa
Second Officer
Australia

UNsyncED Posted at 4-7 22:59
It seems that when the Goggles transition from 5.8 to 2.4 ghz, or vise versa, it causes the RC and Goggles to freeze. Supposedly the 2.4 ghz frequency can transmit and receive 1080p up to 1.2 km, but that is in ideal conditions, and the 5.8 ghz can transmit and receive 1080p up to 5 miles or 7+ km. If you turn the resolution down and set the frequency to 2.4 ghz (with no changing of frequency) the goggles won’t crash.  The Mavic Pro can only transmit on the 2.4 ghz range, and that’s why the issue wasn’t detected with the goggles RE connected to the Mavic Pro.

Unfortunately it sounds like your Goggles are also suffering from the same issue as is I had.  Would be worth sending it in for repair and let DJI Mindy know your case file. She assist the goggles go through the repair process.

Thanks for the reply after I read it I decided to start from scratch and go through everything after checking all firmware was up to date and reflashed I went to give Dual mode another go it worked why I'm not sure and was not to confident but managed 3.5km in 1080p firmware is the only thing I can think it might have been the goggles kept getting to 97/99% and stopping but something changed and it was 007 I thought it was 006 not sure why . Will try again tomorrow hopefully it still works
2019-4-8
Use props
Rfern
First Officer
Flight distance : 482805 ft
United States

Just received my invoice from DJI repair center. I am not being charged anything and it states that the goggles will be repaired under warranty. Yet, under remarks it states, “tested successfully, no issues found”. Did any of you have these comments on your invoice? Just wondering because the email is very contradictory.
DJI Mindy can you confirm?
Thanks
2019-4-8
Use props
PapaTom
lvl.4
United States

I want to purchase a pair of Googles RE for my M2Z.  I have been waiting for the range problem to be resolved and it looks like it has.  I realize I can send them in if they don't work but just want to get a working set when I purchase to avoid the hassle. Where/how do I find a set that will work?
2019-4-8
Use props
Mike1983
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Rfern Posted at 4-8 09:12
Just received my invoice from DJI repair center. I am not being charged anything and it states that the goggles will be repaired under warranty. Yet, under remarks it states, “tested successfully, no issues found”. Did any of you have these comments on your invoice? Just wondering because the email is very contradictory.
DJI Mindy can you confirm?
Thanks

Mine had a fake reason declared, something along the lines of the software sometimes freezing at startup which was not the case (and wouldn’t even warrant a board change).

I guess DJI have 2 options

1) Be cagey / give no reason or a false reason for the required work.
2) Be open & honest, acknowledge there was an inherent issue and recall the product.

Unfortunately it appears option 1 has been taken from what I can see.

I (and I’m guessing a lot of others) would have far more respect for the company if this (and other ongoing shortfalls) were to be handled with more control, urgency, honesty and professionalism.

Issues inherently emerge in the deployment of cutting edge technology and all of us should really expect that to a certain extent. Rigorous product testing, management of faults and continuous improvement tends to be a core value of every tech company I’ve worked for or interfaced with.  It’s how a company communicates and handles these issues that sets them apart from their competitors and gives their customer base a sense of confidence.

Unfortunately my direct experience of this problem with the Goggles, along with indirect observation of other long running matters (Crystalsky, Smart Controller bugs, SC / Enterprise compatibility, missing advertised features etc...) leaves me with no confidence.  Bring on a viable competitor.

Rant over, I hope someone from DJI listened.
2019-4-8
Use props
Rfern
First Officer
United States

Mike1983 Posted at 4-8 13:25
Mine had a fake reason declared, something along the lines of the software sometimes freezing at startup which was not the case (and wouldn’t even warrant a board change).

I agree and have had my rants as well.
   A DJI rep customer service rep /repair rep, whatever called me today shortly after I received the invoice and I posted my last post. He said they cannot find anything wrong with the goggles and are sending them back. I told him “like hell you are”. He asked if I tried this and that,etc...and I told him I’ve tried EVERYTHING in the last 6 months. If there was something shared out there that worked for someone, trust me, I’ve tried it. Then he wanted to confirm that I was still having the same short range issues everyone has been having and I said yeah, that’s why I sent them to you!!! I’m speechless. So he said they will retest them and get back to me within a few days. Very hard to understand him as he didn’t no speak good English, and the call came directly from China, which is weird because my goggles went to California. In the meanwhile I received an email from DJI saying my repair was complete and being sent back!
DJI MINDY DJI MINDY?!?!?!!
2019-4-8
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

Mike1983 Posted at 4-8 13:25

Hey, I’m sorry to hear about your situation. It seems that Technical Service Centres don’t communicate with each other.

I didn’t have any issues with DJI replacing my “core board”, as I showed the Call/Email support team the thread where DJI acknowledged that there was an issue.

One thing that did surprise me was they said that they had tested the goggles before AND after the repair. The repair centre in Australia is in a built up area and to fully test the Goggles you need to fly more than 500m, both illegal.  

*A bench test doesn’t substitute for a field test, it never has and never will*

I hope that DJI Mindy can help. She doesn’t seem to come online for a few more hours.

2019-4-8
Use props
OllieM2P-Aus
lvl.2
Australia

Hey guys my most recent post might have been confusing
my first and only flight with the goggles RE and mavic 2 pro was 200m before both froze and lost transmission. I then hit the return to home button and turned off the goggles and I was able to bring the drone home.
The furthest I have been able to fly my mavic 2 pro without the goggles was 1.2 or 1.3 km before losing decent amounts of transmission and i decided to return it home.
Since last week, it has been rainy on my days off and with daylight savings over its dark by the time I get home. I am aiming to test the goggles again this friday, with the antenna attached before making a warranty claim.
I don't understand why the antenna would make any difference since the original goggles dont have an antenna sticking out of the goggles.

anyway... waiting until friday to test.
2019-4-9
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

OllieM2P-Aus Posted at 4-9 04:05
Hey guys my most recent post might have been confusing
my first and only flight with the goggles RE and mavic 2 pro was 200m before both froze and lost transmission. I then hit the return to home button and turned off the goggles and I was able to bring the drone home.
The furthest I have been able to fly my mavic 2 pro without the goggles was 1.2 or 1.3 km before losing decent amounts of transmission and i decided to return it home.

Ok Ollie, I understand now, and you’re are definitely having the same issues with your goggles.

I’d raise a warranty claim sooner rather than later.
2019-4-9
Use props
Gene2
lvl.4
United States

Mindy,

If I buy Goggles RE now will it have  the same range problems?

How or when should I buy Goggles RE?

I'm located in the USA.
2019-4-9
Use props
Rfern
First Officer
United States

Okay, now my goggles have been shipped back to me?!WTF.
DJI Mindy, where have you been. Can you please confirm my goggles have been repaired/replaced?? DJI Mindy, hello, hello??
2019-4-9
Use props
Airheadbit
lvl.4
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 3-29 14:49
You’re welcome, anything to help the community.

I had 2 flights, the first flight was under 300m, just beyond the location where both the RC and Goggles froze previously, and towards the limits of reception. I was viewing the flight through the headset and was screen recording the iPhone. Just before the 300m mark, the headset went grey due to a loss of reception.  I took a screen shot of the headset. I must have presumed that I also lost signal on the RC, as the video feed was jittery/laggy/jumpy (most likely from the screen recording). The video below is roughly around the time I lost reception on the headset.

@UNsyncED Find a local HAM club and ask if they could 'sniff' around in that general area. I've found issues caused by power transformers with WiFi reception.
2019-4-9
Use props
Airheadbit
lvl.4
United States

Gene2 Posted at 4-9 08:10
Mindy,

If I buy Goggles RE now will it have  the same range problems?

I'm in the same boat as @Gene2, wait or buy and where to purchase from (NOT EBAY!).
2019-4-9
Use props
Mike1983
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I've now received my goggles back but the wind was heavy yesterday so couldn't fly.

It looks like the entire screen unit has been replaced, keeping the old headband.  The screen unit has a different serial number to the headband, it came with plastic wrap and needed to be activated on DJI Assistant.  I guess that does mean warranty is refreshed though.

Will hopefully get a chance to fly at the weekend.
2019-4-9
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

Mike1983 Posted at 4-9 21:00
I've now received my goggles back but the wind was heavy yesterday so couldn't fly.

It looks like the entire screen unit has been replaced, keeping the old headband.  The screen unit has a different serial number to the headband, it came with plastic wrap and needed to be activated on DJI Assistant.  I guess that does mean warranty is refreshed though.

It sounds like you received yours in the same state/condition as mine, new serial number and covered in plastic wrap.
2019-4-9
Use props
djiuser_1klSRJ1jGyjo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65135 ft
United States

I just returned a set of the racing edition goggles that had a manufacturing date of January 11th after confirming that I too had an issue with the range and my mavic 2.  It is a great product.  If DJI could just tell me where I can buy the revised version that resolves the range issue - that would be great.  Strangely I see no shortage of refurbished units for sale on Amazon.  I wonder if these refurbished units have had the range issue resolved.  

Would love to know.
2019-4-10
Use props
djiuser_1klSRJ1jGyjo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65135 ft
United States

I should add that I just bought the goggles last week and they had range issue... But DJI serial number decoder showed manufacturing date of January 11th
2019-4-10
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_1klSRJ1jGyjo Posted at 4-10 20:49
I should add that I just bought the goggles last week and they had range issue... But DJI serial number decoder showed manufacturing date of January 11th

Its sad to hear that the Goggles RE that were manufactured as late as 11th January are having range issues.  

Its also interesting to hear that refurbished goggles are being sold on Amazon.  Are these from DJI direct or a reseller?

Have you sent your goggles in for repair? Be sure to send Mindy you Case number.  I haven't seen Mindy online for almost a week.  I hope that she comes online soon to help these consumers, who requested a repair, out.
2019-4-10
Use props
djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa
Second Officer
Australia

Has anyone that's had them repaired done any range testing yet and are you using the pagoda antenna I've been in touch with DJI and can send them in but I haven't heard anything that would make it worth doing.
2019-4-10
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa Posted at 4-10 23:13
Has anyone that's had them repaired done any range testing yet and are you using the pagoda antenna I've been in touch with DJI and can send them in but I haven't heard anything that would make it worth doing.

I have done a range test, without the antenna, and was very happy with the result. It is most definitely worth the repair. The turn around on repair is just under a fortnight.
2019-4-10
Use props
djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa
Second Officer
Australia

I think that I will wait till I see some numbers I'm not so sure mine is hardware I can do better distance than I did with mp1. Still got time.
2019-4-11
Use props
pr0tik
lvl.2
Australia

Hi all

I contacted DJI customer care to inquire whether, if I purchase the combo directly from the site, they could send me the googles manufactured after February 2019 (i.e. without the range issue). This is the response I received:

"In addition, as much as we want to, we are unable to confirm the manufacture date of the current inventory of Mavic 2 Pro and DJI Goggles RE. Our system auto-generates the product codes for shipment in random which is why our warehouse personnel cannot reserve you items that are manufactured after February 2019. Items are also scanned and packaged by batch. Hence, we cannot guarantee that your items are newly-manufactured."

Given one of the above commenter received January 2019 stock last week in April with the same range issue, I would wait another 2-3 months before purchasing the Combo from DJI unless someone can assure me that I won't be sold a product with known faults (I contacted a local retailer JB-HiFi and their stock is even older from Sept - Nov 2018 period).

Cheers
2019-4-11
Use props
Gene2
lvl.4
United States

pr0tik Posted at 4-11 03:39
Hi all

I contacted DJI customer care to inquire whether, if I purchase the combo directly from the site, they could send me the googles manufactured after February 2019 (i.e. without the range issue). This is the response I received:

Thanks for sharing this information.

Still, it would be nice to also have a comment from Mindy.

I could try buying a Mavic Pro 2 combo including their separate transmitter and return the order if it has a problem but my desire is to just buy the Goggle RE for FPV racing and my older Phantom (HDMI output).  A few months later I would buy the Mavic Pro 2 but by then I would not be able to return the unit and who knows if DHI/MIndy would be here to help.

Additionally, if the problem is within the Goggles RE how will it work using their separate transmitter module?  Mindy?
2019-4-11
Use props
djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa
Second Officer
Australia

With all of the supposed problems with the RE goggles I am totally confused the last being manufactured date witch means mine should go back. When I first flew the M2Z with goggles I got 100/150 metres and signal was glitching and froze and I thought I had the range issue everyone was talking about but there were some that were doing things like adding antenna and changing the frequency.  By doing this I've managed to fly further than I did with the mp1. My problem is what distance should I be getting. Am hoping some of the people that have had the repairs done would post some results on how they are now performing so myself and others have something to compare with. I'm in Australia witch I believe is ce mode and warranty is 12 months so still have time. Thanks for any results anyone can provide.
2019-4-11
Use props
Airheadbit
lvl.4
United States

It is sad when a company can not ship working product and refuses to recall known defective product. I'll hold off spending $600 on this product until I can get a confirmed serial number range or date code of working product. They need to mark product that can be used with Mavic 2 drones as Google RE2 indicating it, well works with Mavic 2 drones!
2019-4-11
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa Posted at 4-11 21:03
With all of the supposed problems with the RE goggles I am totally confused the last being manufactured date witch means mine should go back. When I first flew the M2Z with goggles I got 100/150 metres and signal was glitching and froze and I thought I had the range issue everyone was talking about but there were some that were doing things like adding antenna and changing the frequency.  By doing this I've managed to fly further than I did with the mp1. My problem is what distance should I be getting. Am hoping some of the people that have had the repairs done would post some results on how they are now performing so myself and others have something to compare with. I'm in Australia witch I believe is ce mode and warranty is 12 months so still have time. Thanks for any results anyone can provide.

There seems to be a couple of issues causing confusion.

At the launch of the Mavic 2 DJI also released Ocusync 2.0. Ocusync was upgraded to transmit on the 2.4ghz frequency at 1080p up to distances towards 1.25 km and it also allowed for transmission on the 5.8 ghz frequency at 1080p up to distances toward 7+ km. The other benefit of Ocusync 2.0 was it allowed for “Automatic Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS)” or for the layman changes between 2.4 ghz and 5.8 ghz (and their channels) based upon RF noise. *You’re able to travel further distances than 1.25 and 7+ kms, but the image quality will be reduced.*

The Goggles RE were designed to receive  digital signal both the 2.4 and 5.8 ghz range, not requiring the use of an antenna. However, if you wanted to receive analogue signal, an antenna was required.

What has happened by changing the transmission to 2.4ghz, it deactivates the FHSS, changes the receiving image to 720p or lower at a distance of 1.25 km or even shorter and adding the antenna won’t make a significant improvement. Or in other words, you’ve crippled you RC and Goggles from being able to perform as advertised.

The reason why you can travel further on the M2 than the MP is that DJI changed the transmission protocol from Ocusync to Ocusync 2.0, an overall improvement, even though they’re both transmitting on the 2.4 ghz range.

The issue with the Goggles RE is that they didn’t work properly with FHSS. When the drone/goggles/RC changed frequencies the Goggles RE caused the other devices to crash/freeze.

By not getting your goggles repaired, you’re crippling the Googles RE to be equivalent to the Goggles (original/white), being only able to transmit on the 2.4 ghz frequency.

I can confirm that I’m happy with the range and quality of image from the Googles RE. If I was to explain my testing, I’m sure that CASA wouldn’t be happy, but I can assure you that they have been tested and I’m happy.

I hope that this information is of benefit.
2019-4-12
Use props
djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa
Second Officer
Australia

I thought 2.4 was for distance and 5.8 for the close stuff even Google tells me that ??
2019-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules