Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI acknowledges Goggles RE design flaw
32517 448 2019-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HMavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 214754 ft
Netherlands

Alright, so I had shipped in my DJI Goggles RE as per the recommendations in this thread and I received a replacement unit this week. Even if there is a hardware issue at play for the older goggles, my replacement unit should not have this issue and that removes the hardware as one of the testing variables.

However, my trial this week showed that the range issue is still there. I went to an empty field in the countryside on a sunny day and I flew my Mavic 2 straigth up into the air above me (to remove landscape as a variable). The Goggles RE got disconnected at 280 meters above me. When I screwed in the Pagoda antenna I got a little bit more reach and it chopped-up and disconnected at 360 meters. Needless to say, switching off the Goggles restores the full connection between the drone and the RC.

Versions:
- DJI Goggles RE: v1.0.7.0 (confirmed with DJI assistant)
- DJI Mavic 2 Zoom v01.00.04.00 (both the drone and the RC)

I believe the only redress that remains is to be allowed to ship back the unit to DJI and get a refund. We have been waiting for many months to get a magic firmware update that would solve the issue, but I have lost hope that one is forthcoming.

2019-5-12
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

HMavic Posted at 5-12 10:28
Alright, so I had shipped in my DJI Goggles RE as per the recommendations in this thread and I received a replacement unit this week. Even if there is a hardware issue at play for the older goggles, my replacement unit should not have this issue and that removes the hardware as one of the testing variables.

However, my trial this week showed that the range issue is still there. I went to an empty field in the countryside on a sunny day and I flew my Mavic 2 straigth up into the air above me (to remove landscape as a variable). The Goggles RE got disconnected at 280 meters above me. When I screwed in the Pagoda antenna I got a little bit more reach and it chopped-up and disconnected at 360 meters. Needless to say, switching off the Goggles restores the full connection between the drone and the RC.

My greatest concern is that it is a hardware issue, and they are shipping us replacement hardware hoping, like hell, that the replace unit will be better.

I’ve asked DJI to do a video, of my replacement goggles working with the M2 at far distances, before they ship them back to me. It seems that their last round of testing was insufficient.
2019-5-13
Use props
MagicPro
lvl.2

Finland

I can’t believe what I’m reading here!

Two of my friends and I were just about to buy Mavic 2’s. I was only trying to figure out which combo to buy, as I thought I would probably end up buying both the Smart Controller and Goggles RE at some point anyway.

However, after some Googling it seems that both have their problems. SC seems to suffer from software / firmware bugs and Android OS limitations, while the Goggles RE have some serious connection and range issues.

What I’m most suprised, and frankly appalled of is the fact that DJI admits that there’s a problem with Goggles RE, (or Goggles RE+Mavic 2 combo) but still keeps on selling them without any notice to new, paying customers.
There should be a large red notice with exclamation marks on product pages, stating that there’s a problem, it’s been investigated and in case it turns out to be hardware-related, DJI will repair the affected products, free of charge, even after the warrenty has expired.
This is the only way my friends and I would feel safe to buy these drones after reading the posts here on these forums, and seeing how long it takes DJI to fix these problems. I bet the same goes to other interested buyers reading the forums too.

I think the most arrogant comment from DJI was the one after it was suggested that the problem only affected Goggles RE manufactured before the end of february 2019. Someone asked how to buy Goggles RE's, free of defect, manufactured after 02/2019, and the reply from DJI was that they have no way of finding out which batch will be sent out from their own online store!
Well how about finding out!! They are your storage facilities! If a customer wants to buy a product that works as advertised, the reply cannot be "Just buy one, it might be old or new, might work or not"

But, I guess the defect is still present in Goggles RE's manufactured today, as they still haven't located the problem.

With easily $2000-3000 price-tags with accessories, these are expensive and large investments for most of us, so naturally we expect them to work. These range problems might not arise until later on too. If I buy a drone and fly it mostly around countryside where there's no interference or disturbing signals, I also expect it to work when I go abroad on a holiday and want to fly in a city with more signal interference. If I find out at this point that in fact my drone / controller / goggles are affected by this design flaw, I want them to be repaired, free of charge, no matter if the warranty has already expired. I would find this fair, don't you, DJI?

What comes to pricing of the bundles, the Smart Controller bundle only ships with a single controller, the Smart one. (so while you actually save money, about 100€ when buying the Goggles RE bundle vs buying the Goggles RE separately, it’s not that straightforward with the SC bundle. Yes, in € prices it’s 150€ cheaper to buy the SC bundle vs buying the Smart Controller separately, but the SC bundle ships without the original controller which is 359€ when bought separately! Of course you don’t usually need two controllers, but while buying the Smart Controller separately does cost you 150€ more, you’ll then have a spare controller, or you can sell the standard one, unused, probably even for more than 150€.)

Just to sum up,
DJI, fix these bugs / defects or we'll just take our money elsewhere!
2019-5-13
Use props
bobsma
Second Officer

United States

MagicPro Posted at 5-13 03:30
I can’t believe what I’m reading here!

Two of my friends and I were just about to buy Mavic 2’s. I was only trying to figure out which combo to buy, as I thought I would probably end up buying both the Smart Controller and Goggles RE at some point anyway.

My feeling is there may be a class action suite filled against DJI... so obviously DJI doesn't want to make it worse for themselves.  So I am just waiting it out and Still haven't opened up my Brand New in Box DJI RE Goggles and my Brand New in Box DJI Smart Controller. But will soon when the weather get better later this week. you can count on it! Right now I am flying the Mavic 2 Pro with the regular controller and have had no problems with range. I can still return the Smart Controller to Best Buy (45 day return policy for me). But the RE Goggles were purhased on eBay from a DJI athorized retailer, but the return period is over and would expect a full refund from DJI or copenastion if I don't get what I paid for! LOL. I am just hopping my test results will be good and will not have to waste my time, etc............
2019-5-13
Use props
Damager
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9052 ft
United States

There is no fix yet.  I just tried the set of Goggle RE that DJI "fixed".  The exact same issue occurs - you get any distance at all away, they freeze with a B&W screen, and the remote locks up until you power down the Goggles.  Nice work DJI.  Its easily repeatable in 90 secs - why they are having such a hard time here is beyond me.

There are being returned immediately.
2019-5-13
Use props
Rfern
First Officer
Flight distance : 482805 ft
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 5-11 17:43
Thanks for the update.  I'm glad to hear that your issue with the goggles have been resolved.

Yeah, I wouldn’t go as far as saying it has been resolved for me. Like I said , using the antenna, I’ve had no disconnects , but the feed gets pretty choppy at and after about 1000 meters. I’ve only tested them in 2 different locations so far. The brand new ones they sent me are definitely better, but still not as good as they advertised and I’m not satisfied yet. I’ll do some more testing once if it ever stops raining here.
The thing I don’t understand is how come they cannot duplicate the issues when testing ones that have been returned. Where are they testing them?
2019-5-13
Use props
Damager
Second Officer
United States

I suspect they aren't testing them thoroughly or at distance, which is when the problem happens.  BTW - I didn't get anywhere near 1000 meters - more like 100-200 meters.
2019-5-13
Use props
bobsma
Second Officer

United States

Damager Posted at 5-13 15:37
There is no fix yet.  I just tried the set of Goggle RE that DJI "fixed".  The exact same issue occurs - you get any distance at all away, they freeze with a B&W screen, and the remote locks up until you power down the Goggles.  Nice work DJI.  Its easily repeatable in 90 secs - why they are having such a hard time here is beyond me.

There are being returned immediately.

maybe the hardware version your Mavic 2 aircraft/Controller is a factor.  You would then need to purchase another Mavic 2 and maybe a smart controller and do further testing with your "fixed" Goggles.

PS. anybody looking for some Brand New in Box DJI Racing Edition Goggles? LOL!

2019-5-13
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-3 18:08
I see our manager from the Customer Care Team has handled your case, I will take a note in the case and follow up.

Hi Mindy,

There seems to be a problem with the service center checking the issue with my Goggles. They received the goggles on the 6th May, acknowledge receipt on the 8th May, and have been “conducting damage assessment” for the last 5 business days. Do you know why it’s taken 5 business days when they advise that it should take 1-2 business days? If you could follow it up, it would be appreciated. Thanks.
2019-5-14
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-30 00:55
Thank you for the video, I will forward it to our engineers for analysis, if there is any update, I will let you know.

Hi Mindy, I’ve notice, based upon YouTube statistics, that no DJI engineers have viewed the video. I hope that they’re taking this issue seriously. Are you able to re-forward the video to them. Thanks.
2019-5-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

UNsyncED Posted at 5-14 03:17
Hi Mindy, I’ve notice, based upon YouTube statistics, that no DJI engineers have viewed the video. I hope that they’re taking this issue seriously. Are you able to re-forward the video to them. Thanks.

Upon checking the case, the drone is waiting for the flight test, our engineers did check the video but cannot see if the Pagoda was installed correctly (I understand you said there is no difference with or without the antenna). I have pushed the repair center to test it and update the case as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-5-14
Use props
Gene2
lvl.4
United States

I keep hearing the term "Engineer" being used.

I think for DJI the term "Engineer" mostly means someone who has read the retail manual.  While there are actual educated engineers at DJI,  given the quality of information that has been forthcoming,  I don't think those people are involved in solving this problem and if they are then the results have been pretty sad.

The use of the word engineer is supposed to impress you along with sincere apologies.  

For myself I just want to buy a set of working goggles or find another product.
2019-5-14
Use props
Damager
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy - in my case, I tested without the antenna, but could only go ~200 meters before lockup.  This is not an antenna issue as far as I can see.  The fact that it locks up both the goggles AND the remote control until the goggles are powered down is clearly more than an antenna issue.
2019-5-14
Use props
Airheadbit
lvl.4
United States

3-21 until 5-14  just shy of 60 days with almost 300 posts about this issue and still no check list of items to check before sending the goggles back. Small wonder the service department can't find the issues, what and how they are testing must not be the same as the customers.
Please organize the trouble shooting methodology into something that can generate reproducibility and fix this bug.
2019-5-14
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-14 05:45
Upon checking the case, the drone is waiting for the flight test, our engineers did check the video but cannot see if the Pagoda was installed correctly (I understand you said there is no difference with or without the antenna). I have pushed the repair center to test it and update the case as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Mindy,

I would’ve thought that my video was sufficient evidence that the goggles are faulty.

Does DJI have instructions on how to install the Pagoda antenna correctly? It may save DJI from having to ‘repair’ all of these goggles.

I agree with @Damager, whether the antenna is attached or not, the goggles should not be causing the RC to freeze/crash.
2019-5-14
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

bobsma Posted at 5-13 11:53
My feeling is there may be a class action suite filled against DJI... so obviously DJI doesn't want to make it worse for themselves.  So I am just waiting it out and Still haven't opened up my Brand New in Box DJI RE Goggles and my Brand New in Box DJI Smart Controller. But will soon when the weather get better later this week. you can count on it! Right now I am flying the Mavic 2 Pro with the regular controller and have had no problems with range. I can still return the Smart Controller to Best Buy (45 day return policy for me). But the RE Goggles were purhased on eBay from a DJI athorized retailer, but the return period is over and would expect a full refund from DJI or copenastion if I don't get what I paid for! LOL. I am just hopping my test results will be good and will not have to waste my time, etc............

I feel sorry for those who would have to go down the class action path. I’m glad that in Australia that I’m protected against such action. In Australia I could ask DJI for a refund on the M2 Pro, Fly More pack, Goggles and RE backpack, due to the failure to have the goggles repaired, and DJI would be required by law to oblige.
2019-5-14
Use props
Damager
Second Officer
United States

The thing that really surprises me is that this issue is VERY repeatable, which is what makes a problem like this typically easy to identify and fix.  If you have one of these pairs of Goggles RE with a problem, they will exhibit the same issue every time.    Why DJI didn't solve this (however) when they had my Goggles in their own repair facility, with steps to reproduce and a video from another forum member really confuses me.
2019-5-14
Use props
bobsma
Second Officer

United States

UNsyncED Posted at 5-14 16:43
I feel sorry for those who would have to go down the class action path. I’m glad that in Australia that I’m protected against such action. In Australia I could ask DJI for a refund on the M2 Pro, Fly More pack, Goggles and RE backpack, due to the failure to have the goggles repaired, and DJI would be required by law to oblige.

I will Not go down that path myself. but of course if someone else does and it's offered to me, sure I will take advantage of it. The Lawyer who get's involved makes a killing is my understanding. I am sure DJI will make this right. We will just have to wait it out. Still waiting for the good weather for my testing.
2019-5-15
Use props
bobsma
Second Officer

United States

Damager Posted at 5-14 19:43
The thing that really surprises me is that this issue is VERY repeatable, which is what makes a problem like this typically easy to identify and fix.  If you have one of these pairs of Goggles RE with a problem, they will exhibit the same issue every time.    Why DJI didn't solve this (however) when they had my Goggles in their own repair facility, with steps to reproduce and a video from another forum member really confuses me.

it should confuse you most likely because even if they could replicate your problem, there is still no solution except to send you out a new pair and hope for the best.  Well actually this would cost DJI a lot of money.  So I would think their best option right now is to repair them by replacing a part or to test and say no problems found versus a refund or sending out some brand new goggles. time will tell! PS. but would they do a Real test after replacing the new part? it sure is confusing... you got that right!
2019-5-15
Use props
Damager
Second Officer
United States

bobsma Posted at 5-15 08:21
it should confuse you most likely because even if they could replicate your problem, there is still no solution except to send you out a new pair and hope for the best.  Well actually this would cost DJI a lot of money.  So I would think their best option right now is to repair them by replacing a part or to test and say no problems found versus a refund or sending out some brand new goggles. time will tell! PS. but would they do a Real test after replacing the new part? it sure is confusing... you got that right!

They would have other options if that were the case.  A consistently repeatable example would allow them to identify the issue.  Even if they couldn't immediately resolve, sending back the goggles with "fixed, checked, working" when they clearly aren't working doesn't do anyone any good.  
2019-5-15
Use props
bobsma
Second Officer

United States

Damager Posted at 5-15 10:55
They would have other options if that were the case.  A consistently repeatable example would allow them to identify the issue.  Even if they couldn't immediately resolve, sending back the goggles with "fixed, checked, working" when they clearly aren't working doesn't do anyone any good.

The thing is.... it may Not be an issue. It's just how they perform and will take a major hardware revision to correct.
2019-5-15
Use props
Damager
Second Officer
United States

Perhaps.  But that is still a HUGE issue.  
2019-5-15
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-14 05:45

Hi Mindy,  

I don’t know what is going on at the repair center, but it’s now take 7 business days for them to assess my Goggles.

Wouldn’t it be easier for them to send me a new set of goggles, while they take their time testing my old goggles.

Frustrating I’m now on holiday, by a beautiful seashore, and don’t have my goggles that I hoped to use.

If they really want to test my goggles, send them to the Research and Development (“the Engineering”) team, so that they can find out what’s wrong with them, and fix all of the other goggles.

I have been very patient in regards to these goggles, but my patience is waning.

Can you please give me a timeline as to when my goggles will be tested? And fixed?

Thanks.
2019-5-16
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

Damager Posted at 5-14 19:43

I'm sure that you've seen my video clearly showing the issue.  I've just received the email below.

What the hell is happening at DJI?!

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 8.08.50 pm.png
2019-5-17
Use props
Damager
Second Officer
United States

Wow - very frustrating.  I just returned my set - I may re-evaluate later once (if) they figure this all out.
2019-5-17
Use props
djiuser_r8K8N7pWwP4D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1518947 ft
Brazil

Hi. I experienced the same communication issue using a Mavic 2 Pro and a Goggles RE. I managed to workaround this problem setting the transmission frequency to  2.4 GHz. Just change from dual mode and set to 2.4GHz. This works for me. Flying in an environment free of interference, I have a freeze image at about 100 meters when in dual mode, but when I set the channel to 2.4Hz I flew as far as the battery allowed me to, at about 8Km before return to home.
Despite of this workaround, I am exchanging messages with DJI support, and they told that their development team is working on the case.
Thanks.
Henrique
2019-5-17
Use props
bobsma
Second Officer

United States

djiuser_r8K8N7pWwP4D Posted at 5-17 06:17
Hi. I experienced the same communication issue using a Mavic 2 Pro and a Goggles RE. I managed to workaround this problem setting the transmission frequency to  2.4 GHz. Just change from dual mode and set to 2.4GHz. This works for me. Flying in an environment free of interference, I have a freeze image at about 100 meters when in dual mode, but when I set the channel to 2.4Hz I flew as far as the battery allowed me to, at about 8Km before return to home.
Despite of this workaround, I am exchanging messages with DJI support, and they told that their development team is working on the case.
Thanks.

why should you be limited to only 2.4 when others are not?  Because they are able to use dual mode as designed! How many hardware revisions may have taken place may be a factor. Heck even the first Phantom 3's that came out had the best range by far... then after some hardware revisions, the range was much less.
2019-5-17
Use props
Anubis-Prime
lvl.2
Flight distance : 446562 ft
Hungary

I have the same issue ! Belive me ! The customer service is tell a lie ! They know the issue but always just lie! They should call all back!!!  Liar  DJI ! I hate you DJI ! You stole my money!
2019-5-17
Use props
fansa2e6c4a4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167165 ft
United States

I purchased my new goggles RE this past Wednesday 5-15-19 took them out to the same spot that I always fly my new Mavic 2 Zoom that was purchased new one week prior on 5-8-2019. I experienced the same signal drop out the black & white frozen screen way early on into my flight. It’s important to note that I have never experienced a signal drop out when just using my Mavic 2 Zoom with standard RC so there is definitely a range issue with my new RE goggles. Next time I go out I’m going to try some of the things that I’ve read about such as attaching the antenna and switching from dual mode to just the 2.4 mode & see if that improves or resolves the range issue. I love my new DJI products I’ve always wanted a DJI & have been so happy until running into this range issue with my new goggles RE. To make things worse my wife surprised me with these goggles so this range issue really let us both down . I have the latest firmware version V01.00.
2019-5-19
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

fansa2e6c4a4 Posted at 5-19 19:44
I purchased my new goggles RE this past Wednesday 5-15-19 took them out to the same spot that I always fly my new Mavic 2 Zoom that was purchased new one week prior on 5-8-2019. I experienced the same signal drop out the black & white frozen screen way early on into my flight. It’s important to note that I have never experienced a signal drop out when just using my Mavic 2 Zoom with standard RC so there is definitely a range issue with my new RE goggles. Next time I go out I’m going to try some of the things that I’ve read about such as attaching the antenna and switching from dual mode to just the 2.4 mode & see if that improves or resolves the range issue. I love my new DJI products I’ve always wanted a DJI & have been so happy until running into this range issue with my new goggles RE. To make things worse my wife surprised me with these goggles so this range issue really let us both down . I have the latest firmware version V01.00.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having the same issue. Switching to 2.4 GHz will fix the issue.  The reason why people are annoyed is that if people wanted to use 2.4 GHz exclusively, they would have been better off purchasing the White goggles.  The RE were advertised as working in both 5.8 and 2.4 GHz.  If you use the 2.4 GHz frequency, you'll only get 1080p up until ~1 Mile.  If the RE worked correctly you would be able to have 1080p for 5 miles.

I hope that this helps.
BTW, welcome to the fourm.
2019-5-19
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

To those following,

I've now received another email from DJI Customer Support denying that there is an issue with the goggles.

You've all been imagining the issue.

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 8.42.51 pm.png
2019-5-20
Use props
djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17439970 ft
Australia

UNsyncED Posted at 5-17 02:13
I'm sure that you've seen my video clearly showing the issue.  I've just received the email below.

What the hell is happening at DJI?![Image]

I can believe this reply because I don't think this is just a goggles problem. Why are there so many different work arounds. For some it was the smart control others antenna then setting to 2.4ghz and firmware. I went for a fly yesterday out about 3.5/ 4klm 1080p reception goggles were great after 3 batteries landed started to pack up and realized I forgot to mount the antenna that's how good the goggles were functioning so what is the answer. I would feel alot more comfortable if this issue was solved because I don't think it's just the goggles that's why DJI are struggling with this.
2019-5-20
Use props
UNsyncED
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa Posted at 5-20 03:39
I can believe this reply because I don't think this is just a goggles problem. Why are there so many different work arounds. For some it was the smart control others antenna then setting to 2.4ghz and firmware. I went for a fly yesterday out about 3.5/ 4klm 1080p reception goggles were great after 3 batteries landed started to pack up and realized I forgot to mount the antenna that's how good the goggles were functioning so what is the answer. I would feel alot more comfortable if this issue was solved because I don't think it's just the goggles that's why DJI are struggling with this.

I'm dumbfounded by this situation.

Did you notice that they weren't forthcoming with the video?!

At least we are protected under Australian law, and they are now obliged to prove that the Goggles are functional, as I've proven that they are not.
2019-5-20
Use props
Rfern
First Officer
United States

I was able to test mine again in a different location, in the Adirondack Mountains. Again I had no issues with disconnects. I seem to only ever get about 3000ft -1mile or more before I start to get a weak signal without the goggles.( definitely not the range they advertised for the aircraft as well but that’s a different thread) With the goggles it seem to be the same range. Again I’m using the antenna and everything set to the settings on post #132. If I take the antenna off, disconnects after 200meters every time. These were brand new ones they sent me after they told me they could not find any issues with my original pair. Should I try just using a single channel instead of dual next time, or are my settings correct?
2019-5-20
Use props
djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa
Second Officer
Australia

UNsyncED Posted at 5-20 04:04
I'm dumbfounded by this situation.

Did you notice that they weren't forthcoming with the video?!

Yeah I  no but it's like I said two many different outcomes. I think when sending the goggles back everything needs to go with them. People are having problems with disconnecting at short distance and weak signal without the goggles. If DJI can't produce the same results it means the problem is not just the goggles that's obvious. I hope something gets sorted out good luck
2019-5-20
Use props
Airheadbit
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa Posted at 5-20 03:39

After watching this thread since it started I have decided to purchase the DJI Goggle RE and DJI OcuSync Air System, for my application they will work. The area I'm in is farmland and desert, line of sight is miles but once the Mavic 2 gets pass 1km I can't see it so I can't fly it. I do hope that DJI formalizes their trouble shooting methodology into something that is useful for finding problems, I also hope they clean up the documentation issues. At any case I can purchase from DJI on Amazon, test it the day it arrives and if it works as advertised keep it or if it doesn't send it back the next day (weather permitting) .  Two years of information on DJI Goggle RE: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... gles-Racing-Edition

2019-5-20
Use props
djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa
Second Officer
Australia

Rfern Posted at 5-20 09:45
I was able to test mine again in a different location, in the Adirondack Mountains. Again I had no issues with disconnects. I seem to only ever get about 3000ft -1mile or more before I start to get a weak signal without the goggles.( definitely not the range they advertised for the aircraft as well but that’s a different thread) With the goggles it seem to be the same range. Again I’m using the antenna and everything set to the settings on post #132. If I take the antenna off, disconnects after 200meters every time. These were brand new ones they sent me after they told me they could not find any issues with my original pair. Should I try just using a single channel instead of dual next time, or are my settings correct?

Rfern you should be getting a lot more distance than that. With the goggles in Dual mode no antenna 3/4klm and 4/5 bars reception and I`m AU and this is why I think it is more than just the goggles.
   Good Luck
2019-5-20
Use props
Rfern
First Officer
United States

djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa Posted at 5-20 21:41
Rfern you should be getting a lot more distance than that. With the goggles in Dual mode no antenna 3/4klm and 4/5 bars reception and I`m AU and this is why I think it is more than just the goggles.
   Good Luck

Yes., I agree but I get the same range with out the goggles.
2019-5-21
Use props
djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa
Second Officer
Australia

Rfern Posted at 5-21 01:51
Yes., I agree but I get the same range with out the goggles.

There must be a problem between the AC & RC communicating you need to get in touch with DJI if that's all the range you can get in a good environment. I would not accept that my mp1 has more distance it's not acceptable. Good luck
2019-5-21
Use props
Airheadbit
lvl.4
United States

Rfern Posted at 5-20 09:45
I was able to test mine again in a different location, in the Adirondack Mountains. Again I had no issues with disconnects. I seem to only ever get about 3000ft -1mile or more before I start to get a weak signal without the goggles.( definitely not the range they advertised for the aircraft as well but that’s a different thread) With the goggles it seem to be the same range. Again I’m using the antenna and everything set to the settings on post #132. If I take the antenna off, disconnects after 200meters every time. These were brand new ones they sent me after they told me they could not find any issues with my original pair. Should I try just using a single channel instead of dual next time, or are my settings correct?

I was getting less then a mile then I realized I hadn't 'unfolded' the RC antennas! Mavic 2 Zoom.
2019-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules