Unable to Calibrate _ Help
577 5 2019-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sewelllandscape
New
United States

Hi All,

I purchased the Mavic Pro earlier this week and have yet to get it set up. I initially tried to calibrate using the djiGo4 on my iPhone X. Unfortunately, I am receiving all kinds of errors. I then managed to get dti Assist installed on my Windows 10 machine (after reading information from this forum). I updated the firmware and have tried to calibrate. After watching the three strep tutorial, I try to calibrate and it tells me to reboot my drone. I have tried this in multiple locations, with multiple lighting and continue to receive the same message.

What the heck am I doing wrong? What haven't I done that I should be doing?

I receive this message on my remote:
CECK APP
SYS WARNING

Through the app it appears there is a Compass Calibrate error  and Vision Sensors error.

Forward Vision Sensor Calibration: Precision Hovering and obstacle avoicance may fail.

Any ideas? I have watched hours a tutorial videos and still am not gettting anywhere. Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

JS
2019-3-21
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

It's a little late for this now, but did the app tell you to calibrate?  Generally speaking, you don't want to calibrate unless the app tells you it is needed.  Can't help you out of the situation you are in now though.  I've never been there.
2019-3-21
Use props
sewelllandscape
New
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 3-21 18:30
It's a little late for this now, but did the app tell you to calibrate?  Generally speaking, you don't want to calibrate unless the app tells you it is needed.  Can't help you out of the situation you are in now though.  I've never been there.

Yes, as soon as I turned everything on it told me to calibrate everything.
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

sewelllandscape Posted at 3-21 18:57
Yes, as soon as I turned everything on it told me to calibrate everything.

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to your concern. It's normal from the remote control to show that there's a sys warning meaning, you need to calibrate or update something on the Aircraft. About the Calibration you need to calibrate the Compass from the App, then for the Vision sensor, it's from the DJI Assistant 2. And just to verify, when you are trying to calibrate the Vision sensor, it keeps telling you to reboot the Aircraft right? Here's what you can do. You may give a try to uninstall the DJI Assistant 2 first then try to disable the driver enforcement from your computer. Once you are done try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 then try. Please keep us posted. Thanks!
2019-3-22
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

sewelllandscape Posted at 3-21 18:57
Yes, as soon as I turned everything on it told me to calibrate everything.

I'd start asking questions as soon as I saw that come up.  I've never been asked to calibrate in over two years of flying.  Therefore, I've never calibrated anything on the Mavic.  Maybe you should have gone back to the dealer immediately and asked for a different one.  Something is amiss if it is asking for everything to be recalibrated if it is new.
2019-3-22
Use props
fans476da35c
New
Flight distance : 2402 ft

Australia

I’ve been flying a mavic pro for about 6 wks with no issues. Last flight was good except I noticed a slight drift to the left. When starting up for the next flight. Warning check app! Says it needs to calibrate imu but after numerous failed attempts it seems to work but then after restarting says imu calibration failed. Also says compass need to calibrate and gimbal load is too heavy or something like that. Spent hrs and can’t sort it. Desperately need help before I travel to Great Barrier Reef next wk.
Quinton
2019-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules