1837 9 2019-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
98 SNAKE EATER
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

About to pull the trigger on a new pocket

Hoping to find one at Best Buy this weekend so I don't have to wait on the DJIStore to ship out, but as I was looking at their site, I see the "OSMO Shield" 2-year plan that covers accidental damage for $29 bucks

Seems like a small price to pay for a little peace of mind, but just wondering if there's any catch to it or if anyone here has run into problems actually using this plan?

2019-3-21
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought it for both of my OPs. Just a peace of mind that if I ever accidentally damaged it, I'm fully covered. Luckily I have yet to have need for service so no experience to report.
2019-3-22
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

I also bought mine from Best Buy with the Black tie protection plan.  At that time, I was not aware of the Osmo Shield, which you can still add within 30 days if you buy it from Best Buy.  With DJI, I'm not sure what the timearound is for you to get yours back.  However, with Best Buy if they see they can't fix it they will grab another one from their stock and replace right there and then or will mail it out to you.  That is what the BB guy told me.   
2019-3-22
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Joemar7 Posted at 3-22 07:26
I also bought mine from Best Buy with the Black tie protection plan.  At that time, I was not aware of the Osmo Shield, which you can still add within 30 days if you buy it from Best Buy.  With DJI, I'm not sure what the timearound is for you to get yours back.  However, with Best Buy if they see they can't fix it they will grab another one from their stock and replace right there and then or will mail it out to you.  That is what the BB guy told me.

Does the BB warranty covers accidental damage?
2019-3-22
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

Wiz33 Posted at 3-22 08:03
Does the BB warranty covers accidental damage?

Yes the one I got covers accidentals and repairs.  
2019-3-22
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Joemar7 Posted at 3-22 08:07
Yes the one I got covers accidentals and repairs.

Thanks, will give that a look next time I get something from BB.
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day 98 SNAKE EATER. Thank you for reaching out.  Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The Osmo Shield is a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your DJI Osmo. In addition I hope you'll get the best information and recommendation here from our valued DJI Members and Customers who purchased the DJI Osmo Shield and on there experience with the said plan. Finally, I will be posting a link where in you can find the overview and the frequently asked questions for the DJI Osmo Shield.  Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/service/osmo ... ndsite&from=nav
2019-3-23
Use props
Essjay
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-23 09:21
Hello and good day 98 SNAKE EATER. Thank you for reaching out.  Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The Osmo Shield is a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your DJI Osmo. In addition I hope you'll get the best information and recommendation here from our valued DJI Members and Customers who purchased the DJI Osmo Shield and on there experience with the said plan. Finally, I will be posting a link where in you can find the overview and the frequently asked questions for the DJI Osmo Shield.  Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/service/osmo-shield?site=brandsite&from=nav

Such a shame that the ‘peace of mind’ that Osmo Shield provides cannot be extended  to users in the UK or mainland Europe.
What exactly makes these customers different from those who CAN benefit?
2019-3-24
Use props
98 SNAKE EATER
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Went to several Best Buy's, but they only had them on display and had to be ordered, so I just pulled the trigger on an OP and Shield from the DJIStore

2019-3-24
Use props
djiuser_bHjB3k5S2HtA
lvl.3
India

Which countries are included under Osmo Sheild ?
2019-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules