Can’t update firmware to V01.00.0400
2619 7 2019-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jlaumans
lvl.2
Flight distance : 229154 ft
Netherlands

I just received my DJI Smart Controller, and am trying to update the Firmware to version 01.00.0400 through the controller system settings, but the download stays stuck at 0%.

I’ve tried on multiple WiFi connections. I must say I am very disappointed.

Does anyone have a fix or this?
2019-3-21
Use props
Fre Mo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 803868 ft
France

I’ve seen that if you have inserted a micro sd card in the smart controler, you won’t be able anymore to install the new firmware
2019-3-21
Use props
fans7a679eda
lvl.2
Netherlands

I've never inserted a MicroSD card.

I just tried updating through the DJI Assistant 2 (for Mavic) software, but it doesn't even recognize when my controller is plugged in.
2019-3-21
Use props
fans7a679eda
lvl.2
Netherlands

After factory resetting my Smart Controller and multiple resets of the remote and DJI Assistant app and plugging things in in different orders, I finally got my controller to be recognised by the software.

Unfortunately, it took about 5 tries to actually get the download to start. It was giving me random network errors and upload failed messages.

This is a real sh*t show. I love DJI but they sure have a unstable firmware upgrade process.
2019-3-21
Use props
RvBCrS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36529 ft
Netherlands

I had the same problem it got stuck at 0% tried several times, but no luck! I got it to work by using DJI Assistant 2 trough a cable. That worked great. But for a $600 dollar device to not be able to update trough wifi doesn't feel very good.
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience that you had during the firmware update. However, we're glad to know that upon doing some troubleshooting steps, you've managed to update the firmware of your Smart Controller. I would recommend using the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 for updating the firmware of this Smart Controller using the link below. Please let us know if you have other inquiries. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2019-3-24
Use props
IndianaDrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 674852 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is truly absurd. And the support is ridiculously non-existent. Multiple repeated efforts to update the "smart" controller via WFI or DJI Assistant does NOT work. Or the right latest versions but the Assistant doesn't recognize it and on WiFi Update never gets beyond 0%.  Then no phone support on weekends. I've bought 7 drones from DJI but the bugs in updating continue.
2019-3-29
Use props
Ryan25
New

United States

I am having this same issue, its stuck at 0%.  I tried to plug it in to my computer to update with DJI Assistant and found that the DJI assistant 2 no longer works with the recent upgrade to Windows 10!!!  WHAT THE HELL DJI, GET YOUR ... TOGETHER WITH THE BUGS.  Completely unacceptable.  I have absolutely no way of updating my smart controller or my drone because DJI  updating has so many problems and will never update over WIFI
2019-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules