Things to be improved with Osmo Pocket
1649 13 2019-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tide
Second Officer
United States

I have been shooting more than 50 hours footages with OP and these are the things OP can be improved.

Annoying issues.
1. OP automatically reset the settings.
    It is not just for the resolution and frame rate. It resets file type (MP4, MOV), screen brightness, color mode (normal, cinelike-D), mic setting, noise reduction level and focus every time when turn on & off or connecting to a phone & off. This is very annoying and when I out shooting for Cinelike-D in MP4, half of the footages end up normal color and mov.
    We are shooting for hours and during the time we turn on & off frequently. Let us keep the settings util we changes.

2. Beeping sound
    While recording a conference or performance, recording beeping sound become very inappropriate. Let us be able to turn the sound on & off.

3. Double booting
    Sometimes when turn on, OP boots twice. You can lost shooting opportunity for this. It must be a bug.

Things can improve productivity.

1. 180 degree shutter speed default setting
    In video I am usually shooting with 180 degree shutter speed setting. But when I change frame rate, I also need to chance shutter speed to match it. Problem is that frame rate setting is in right side edge swipe menu and shutter speed is in pro menu. It is consuming time to go back and forth in different menu. Whether make it possible to set both in same menu UI or give us 180 degree shutter default option so just changing frame rate and shutter speed matches it automatically.

2. ISO range setting
    In lowlight situation, I am happy with OP's lowlight performance up to ISO 800. So let us be able to set ISO range in auto ISO mode.

3. Focus peaking
    In OP's small screen, it is hard to see where is the focus. Let us have a color focus peaking option to know where is the focus.

Creative functions

1. Video motion route setting
    Give us same motion route setting option of motion time-lapse in video shooting as well. It would be great to be able to take multi exposure video to mix in post.

2. Shorter time-lapse interval
    Down to 1 sec time-lapse interval will help to create time-lapse in short time.

3. Motion-lapse route save
    Let us save the route of previous motion-lapse so we can take multiple motion-lapse in same position.

4. Time-lapse in raw picture
    Currently time-lapse can be saved in Jpge images. Let us save it in raw as well for better post editing capability.

5. Pan lock mode
    Let us be able to set Pan lock mode in OP menu.

6. Offset face tracking
    Able us to offset facetrack face can be left or right of the screen. So we can have second person or interesting object in the frame.

These would greatly improve OP.
2019-3-21
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing those suggestion
2019-3-22
Use props
GD NOOBS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 220554 ft
United States

Thanks it really is to be done with a number of updates!
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Tide , thanks for sharing your thoughts. We do appreciate your feedback with our Osmo Pocket. No worries, we will keep improving our products to provide a better experience. Rest assured that your feedback will be heard on our designated department and we will check if this can be possible in the future. Thank you for understanding and support.
2019-3-22
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

One more thing, can we set the speed of rotating when using the app to control the gimbo movement? I think currently it is too fast and very hard to control it percisely!
2019-3-22
Use props
fanscd454fc8
lvl.1
United States

Good points.  Interesting enough, my OP does not reset each time I turn it on and off.
2019-3-22
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-22 14:53
Hi Tide , thanks for sharing your thoughts. We do appreciate your feedback with our Osmo Pocket. No worries, we will keep improving our products to provide a better experience. Rest assured that your feedback will be heard on our designated department and we will check if this can be possible in the future. Thank you for understanding and support.

Thanks Dji Paladin
2019-3-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Tide Posted at 3-23 13:07
Thanks Dji Paladin

You're welcome. Should you need any help, please feel free to contact us. Cheers!
2019-3-23
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

Tide, I can fully support your wishes.
I have also created about 30 hours of footage with the Pocket since December. Of which about 20 hours during a 4-week journey through New Zealand, Australia, Singapore and Dubai.

Before I used my Sony AX33 with a heavy  tripod and accessories on my travels. Of course it is easier with the Pocket, provided our wishes are realized by DJI.

Many of your wishes I had already called DJI.
2019-3-23
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Udo13 Posted at 3-23 15:16
Tide, I can fully support your wishes.
I have also created about 30 hours of footage with the Pocket since December. Of which about 20 hours during a 4-week journey through New Zealand, Australia, Singapore and Dubai.

Udo13, glad you agree. Double down on calling out for Dji on future improvement.  

That must be a lot of travel time with OP. The more I travel with OP, more I find a new use with it. It is such a handy tool.
2019-3-24
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

Tide Posted at 3-24 23:33
Udo13, glad you agree. Double down on calling out for Dji on future improvement.  

That must be a lot of travel time with OP. The more I travel with OP, more I find a new use with it. It is such a handy tool.

Tide, that applies to me as well.
2019-3-25
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for posting
2019-3-26
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

fanscd454fc8 Posted at 3-22 18:20
Good points.  Interesting enough, my OP does not reset each time I turn it on and off.

Interesting.
This bug might not apply to everyone. Then come to think of it. Mine wasn't had a problem when just updated to new firmware. It was a week after that the reset become frequent.
2019-3-26
Use props
NorthTXAerials
lvl.2
Flight distance : 865433 ft
United States

Cool h Posted at 3-22 18:08
One more thing, can we set the speed of rotating when using the app to control the gimbo movement? I think currently it is too fast and very hard to control it percisely!

This would actually be good. Something like 1/2 speed as an option for VERY smooth panning, or moving the location on the phone screen where you want to use the pan button.
2019-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules