Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sand and grit causing problems with gimbal
4940 8 2019-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tdominey
lvl.1
Norway

I used my Osmo Pocket at a beach on a fairly windy day, and now the gimbal has grit and sand in its mechanism. The Pocket won't initialize properly because the sand is preventing it from rotating properly. Any cleaning solutions / tips out there? I tried using a toothbrush and it barely made a difference.
2019-3-21
Use props
John Walker
First Officer
United Kingdom

Vacuum cleaner perhaps ?
2019-3-22
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

Vacuum or compress air - the latter as a last resort
2019-3-22
Use props
andrei193
First Officer
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

I would try with a Giottos Rocket Blaster Dust-Removal Tool (the large one). It provides compressed air but not hard enough that it could potentially damage anything like the canned alternatives.
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi tdominey, my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that it caused. I would suggest you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav If you need further assistance on the case, please feel free to reach us. We're here to help. Thank you.

1.PNG
2019-3-22
Use props
tdominey
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the tips everyone. Hadn’t considered a vacuum! Will give it a go.
2019-3-26
Use props
djiuser_PPfKCXeCEJD0
New

Did it work? I have a similar situation. Beach sand in the gimbal and it's not coming on at the moment.
2019-9-29
Use props
djiuser_PPfKCXeCEJD0
New

Did it work? I have a similar situation. Beach sand in the gimbal and it's not coming on at the moment.
2019-9-29
Use props
djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7
lvl.4

Can you get a piece of paper to slide under there an move the sand?  Tried an air duster?
2019-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules