Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Map differences
2569 7 2019-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airbear
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59 ft

United States

The Fly Safe map on DJI suooprt shows a lot more unrestriced areas near me for flying. Air map still using the generalized circular restrictions covering the same  area the former shows as open. How do I proceed?

Fly Safe Page

Fly Safe Page
Capture11.PNG Any advice appreciated.
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Airbear, my apologies for the inconvenience. I will clarify this concern to our related team and I will give you a feedback as soon as possible. Appreciate your patience and support.
2019-3-22
Use props
GoldenSun
Captain
Poland

The Fly Safe Map is not the best tool to check restrictions as there are often many more than shown there.
2019-3-22
Use props
Airbear
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59 ft

United States

Thanks, GS. But my question is, since all airports are shown, is the difference in open space Fly safe shows between spokes of flight lines and the complete restriction shown in Air Map's full circles.
2019-3-23
Use props
Charissa
Captain
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Airbear Posted at 3-23 07:46
Thanks, GS. But my question is, since all airports are shown, is the difference in open space Fly safe shows between spokes of flight lines and the complete restriction shown in Air Map's full circles.

Dji is so into No Fly Zones, that I would probably just use their map if I use their drones. (seems like you have a bit more space to fly in then as well, so a double goody.)
2019-3-25
Use props
timtwomey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2164206 ft
United States

Airmap shows you the legal FAA restricted airspace.  The Dji maps are not the FAA maps.  If you want to be legal, use Airmap or B4UFly.
2019-3-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Airbear Posted at 3-23 07:46

My apologies for the late response. After confirming this concern to our related team, they recommend you to send an email to flysafe@dji.com for clarification. Again, sorry for the trouble and appreciate your understanding and support.
2019-3-27
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI's GEO 2 fly safe maps are in no way directly linked to any legal regulations at all.  Their bowtie system is based off of some international airport safety designs meant to keep you generally safe, but not necessarily legal.
2019-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules