Mavic Air Update Issues
1013 1 2019-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Air Wolf
New
United States

Hello everyone, so I am new to this forums, the only reason I created an account was to bring to light some concerns and issues after using my Mavic Air for a few weeks, all of my issues so far, are regarding updates.

• After initializing and taking off, if during mid air the app finds an update. it immediatelly loses connection to the aircraft video feed, and i have to manually return home, if the aircraft is off sight, it presents an issue as increases the chances of losing the aircraft
  • the aircraft won't connect at all to the RC if the app can't check the software version, which leaves me wondering, what if i am in the middle of nowhere with no phone reception, the device won't work simply because it can't check the firmware version?
  • why does the update have to be so invasive instead of leaving it to the user when to update?
  • For some reason, the "DJI ASSISTANT 2" PC app, DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE, IT HAS BEEN BLOCKED BY WINDOWS UAC across all of my computers and i simply cant seem to unlock it, tried to re-install, only to find same issue, installer has been blocked as well.
  • Mobile app "Dji GO 4" only seem to find updates after connecting to aircraft, why cant it find an update before so it doesnt disconnect me in mid flight!!
  • Now i am in the middle of a vacation, with 6 spare batteries as paper weight, because i cant use my Mavic air simply because the mobile app is unable to update the firmware, and the pc app is blocked on windows 10 so I can't update the RC using the pc either

I think it WOULD BE EXTREMELY HELPFUL to NOT FORCE UPDATES, and leave it to the user WHEN TO UPDATE, and to STOP disconnecting the aircraft if it finds an update during MID-FLIGHT!!, I find it extremely invasive and extremely frustrating to keep updating, and the mobile has proven to be next to useless, as every single time, it fails to successfully apply an update, this is the fourth time this month i find myself unable to use my device due to a simple update, I am seriously considering returning the item and get something that is not as invasive with updates

2019-3-22
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. Unfortunately #4 is a widely reported issue, and the DJI Mods here are aware of it. Some have advised that the latest Ass2 for Mavic v2.0.7 resolves the issue, but it done not - I believe that software line is for the Mavic 2 only. So we continue to wait...

Your other points are strange (especially #1), but you should always fire up the craft prior to going anywhere JIC such updates are waiting. Just a precaution to prevent getting caught out.
2019-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules