TB55 Battery expanding with less than 15 charges
3338 1 2019-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ynqHedWBHxei
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52536 ft
United States

I have a Matrice 210 that I received in July of last year. To date I've invested close to $15,000 into this drone, which is why I was so alarmed to see one of my TB55 batteries starting to separate at the seam. On further inspection I noticed that the battery itself is expanding, which is what caused the seam to separate. I checked the battery portion of the app and saw that all of the cells were normal and that the battery itself had 13 charge cycles on it. The battery has never been stored in extreme conditions, was always charged in the DJI charger that came with my M210, and hasn't been used in extreme weather. When I contacted DJI by phone I was told that they only come with a 6 month warranty and that the battery would not be replaced and should not be sent to DJI because it might explode (he probably should have also told me not to use the battery anymore for the same reason, but maybe he just assumes that we should know that a swollen battery is a dangerous thing). Is there really nothing that can be done for a $350 battery that's less than a year old with less than 15 charge cycles? Is DJI concerned that their batteries seem to have such a short lifespan?
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are so sorry for what happened to the battery, batteries work via an electrochemical process and anything that may alter this process such as over-discharging, crashes, water damage, etc. can result in a swollen battery. To avoid swollen batteries, please use and maintain your battery following the instructions that came with your product: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/m200_v2/20190225/Matrice+200+series+v2+Battery+safety+guidelines+V1.2+multi.pdf GTScreenshot_20190323_121855.png
For this battery, since the warranty period has been expired and it is swollen, we are unable to provide the warranty service and it is recommended to stop using it for flight safety.
2019-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules