Ninja, Crab, X-Axis?
714 4 2019-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Experimental video trying out various ways to walk or hold the Osmo Pocket while walking over various surfaces. Some with and some without an X-Axis stabiliser.
I will let the individual figure out which section is most stable. There is also some time-lapse and slow-mo. Some stills are Osmo Pocket towards the end. All video is shot with the Pocket at 1080p 30fps. Full auto with Pockets own colour profile. This was purely a stability test while mixing in a few views of the same places showing how the TV and film industry dress the areas into sets for filming.

Sorry about the black screen as Flickr currently seems to be having video embedding problems, but when clicked on, the screen should take you to the video to play.

2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ray-CubeAce. Thank you for sharing this video and your experience in creating this video. Great work and thank you for your support.
2019-3-23
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Very nice video, well done!
2019-3-26
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

jacksonnai Posted at 3-26 19:26
Very nice video, well done!

Thanks for the reply.

This is only a trial video showing me practicing for stable walking results.
For anyone interested. The initial opening shots, up to just after the cobbled streets, were just using a Ninja Walk, Walking past the destroyer and the interior shot was crab walking, and the rest were Ninja walk with X-axis. None were with the benefit of having a phone screen to look at for framing, which will be my next test when I can figure out how to set it up with the X-axis via a cable link. So far with my current phone, any attempt to try to use the Pockets side connector with a lead is resulting in no permanent connection. I'm coming to the conclusion there is an impedance problem using a lead as when both phone and Pocket have a high capacity charge there is no problem for a short while. I don't want to use a wi-fi connection and lose the advantage of using an external mic with the x-axis stabilizer and having the phone connected directly to the Pocket on the x-axis makes the weight distribution too lopsided and I'd be unable to adjust the angle of view of the screen.  I'm sure I'll get there but the resulting rig is beginning to look like a Heath Robinson creation
2019-3-27
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 3-27 00:33
Thanks for the reply.

This is only a trial video showing me practicing for stable walking results.

You're welcome mate, practice makes perfect!
Keep it up mate
2019-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules