Mavic 2 Pro Battery Seating Issue, Brand New.
1310 14 2019-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

I picked up a Mavic 2 pro a few weeks ago and the first thing out of box that I noticed was that the battery didnt quite seat well in the compartment. What I mean by this is that the terminal is active, the drone will turn on and be able to sustain power when idle, but the battery would have this noticeable seperation from the body, specifically from the front.

Video show this below, and comparing batteries from my other mavic 2 and how this battery seats in the other aircraft.

Is this battery ok to fly with? I have never had this issue and I cant visibly see that it has any issues with it, but I have never flown it due to this seating issue.
2019-3-22
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

That doesn't look good. I would be concerned of possible disconnect during flight.
2019-3-22
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 3-22 18:33
That doesn't look good. I would be concerned of possible disconnect during flight.

Thats what I was thinking. Its weird because it is "in" as in to disconnect you have to press the release latches, but it isnt flush like in the video.
2019-3-22
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 3-22 19:36
Thats what I was thinking. Its weird because it is "in" as in to disconnect you have to press the release latches, but it isnt flush like in the video.

I'm not thinking pop-out disconnect, but a slight lift or movement from the battery. To disconnect and
reconnect in flight. Good chance it won't happen, but we are talking electronics.
2019-3-22
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft
United States

The most concerning thing are those finger nails. Bruh..
2019-3-22
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

is it somehow swollen or something like that is bottom of battery perfectly flat?
2019-3-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Get rid of it
2019-3-23
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DH_Pilot Posted at 3-22 23:37
is it somehow swollen or something like that is bottom of battery perfectly flat?

Bottom is perfectly flat. Thought to check that first and didnt see any signs of swelling.
2019-3-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, AlphaFlightNW. Thank you for reaching us regarding your concern with the battery that you have for the Mavic 2. I was able to review the video and what I can do for you is to forward this to our relative team for further checking and once we had a feedback I will reach you back here in this thread. Thank you.
2019-3-23
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

It does not look normal to me. I would reach out to DJI support and have it checked or replaced.
2019-3-23
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-23 13:39
Hi, AlphaFlightNW. Thank you for reaching us regarding your concern with the battery that you have for the Mavic 2. I was able to review the video and what I can do for you is to forward this to our relative team for further checking and once we had a feedback I will reach you back here in this thread. Thank you.

Thank you for doing this. I hope to hear back soon.
2019-3-24
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

I blame the fingernail...
2019-3-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 3-24 16:08
Thank you for doing this. I hope to hear back soon.

No worries, I already forwarded this and waiting for the feedback, and for the possible workaround. Thank you for your consideration.
2019-3-25
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

El Diabolico Posted at 3-25 00:30
I blame the fingernail...

Rude...
2019-3-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi @AlphaFlightNW, I already received the feedback from our developer and they suggest to send it in for further checking. Since as per our developers, it's hard for the judge or to confirm whether the battery or the battery has the problem. You may reach out one of our support channels for further assistance, you may just go to this link https:///www.dji.com/support
Best regards!
2019-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules