2317 20 2019-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Many complain about the loud annoying prop noise of the Mavic Air.  I tried after market Master Airscrew props and they were an improvement however I've also been working on my own design.  Here is a teaser photo.  A first as I have never seen six bladed props on a UAV.
MA 6 Blades.JPG
By the way it has been flight tested and performed very nicely. It's unbelievably quiet.   Click the like button below to let me know the interest in a detailed comparison video with sound measurements.

2019-3-22
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow. Thats not what I expected clicking on this tread. Lets hear it! Also I found some props were made for the JJRC X1 that were 6 bladed
2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Hummingbird.UAV. Thank you for sharing this information with us. Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd party devices for the DJI Mavic Air. 3rd party devices might affect the drone or its component and can also affect the performance of the drone when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these solar 3rd party devices will be able work on the said device. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said accessory if it will work all the time with no issues while using them. Thank you for your support.
2019-3-23
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-23 07:07
Hello and good day Hummingbird.UAV. Thank you for sharing this information with us. Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd party devices for the DJI Mavic Air. 3rd party devices might affect the drone or its component and can also affect the performance of the drone when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these solar 3rd party devices will be able work on the said device. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said accessory if it will work all the time with no issues while using them. Thank you for your support.

Ahh but progress does not occur by sitting idle.  Careful testing is underway.
2019-3-23
Use props
BRentAP03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74872 ft
United States

Woah! Very cool design, upload a video of it flying!
2019-3-23
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

This business stealth mode
Is this the argumented theme?
I mean, why not push it to utter silent?
Recall theme of entity everything possible right?
2019-3-23
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

cutis Posted at 3-23 20:26
This business stealth mode
Is this the argumented theme?
I mean, why not push it to utter silent?

Too deep for me.
2019-3-23
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Wow looks really cool! Like a flower
2019-3-24
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

Looks cool, love to see a video of it
2019-3-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 3-23 16:05

Thank you for the additional information Hummingbird.UAV. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-3-24
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 3-23 16:05

Looking good, but being a girl, I do hope you will also sort that colour scheme out?
2019-3-25
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

Does silent 3rd party propellers document any exclusionary release of liabilities?
If they do state such indemnity that does introduce uncertainty risks they have knowledge of. If so, it should be conspicuously flagged in detail. It is understood flight characteristics of designed software hardware have been tailored for specific propulsion hardware that silent propellers are not founded upon.
2019-3-26
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

You are God of SMM!
2019-3-26
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Charissa Posted at 3-25 04:45
Looking good, but being a girl, I do hope you will also sort that colour scheme out?

Charissa hopefully you will like the colors on the white Mavic Air better.

New Color

New Color

2019-3-26
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Lysak2003 Posted at 3-26 12:12
You are God of SMM!

Thanks but I am not selling anything.  Just a retired engineer having fun.
2019-3-26
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

cutis Posted at 3-26 11:24
Does silent 3rd party propellers document any exclusionary release of liabilities?
If they do state such indemnity that does introduce uncertainty risks they have knowledge of. If so, it should be conspicuously flagged in detail. It is understood flight characteristics of designed software hardware have been tailored for specific propulsion hardware that silent propellers are not founded upon.

Of course any mods void the DJI warranty, however my machines are over a year old and I don't believe in refresh.  I put more value in minimizing risk when flying and if this fails a spare machine does.
Careful testing is required to explore the flight envelope when using modifications to the UAV.  I like to explore solutions to an annoying problem with Mavic Air, the awful noise.  Sadly in a very short time it will be discontinue possible replaced with a new improved version and nothing will be issued for it by DJI.
2019-3-26
Use props
Warriewoodlad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Good luck with the careful testing. A suspicious person might say that what you really designed was an excuse to spend more time flying your UAV.  
2019-3-26
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

Historical profile of noisy propulsion has been legacy until superceded with blessed upgrades. Matching amperes fed, motor's sweetspot rpm, battery consumption algorithm for user displayed, preset sticks response taper of propulsion, or even casualty soft protocol embedded, are uncertainties esp longterm affect, years. There is a downside pumping silently, torque. Motors arent matched since designed high rpm for which silent prop contour will strain esp in operable rpm range, thus amperes increase. How does such strain play out? Ampere control will definitely be running harder, those surface mounted motor driving circuitry do eventually tire and conk out from escalated thruput.  The psychological irritate by noise is ubiquitous. Yet contrast this: how much flight time is this irritate? <=5%?  About twothirds of a football field distant, it is hard hearing that irritate big bug sound.  When the time is ripe, articulated variable pitch and accompanying variable rpm autosense will debu

2019-3-26
Use props
evanwish
lvl.1

United States

Wow, I'm really intrigued. I'd love to see a video!!
2019-3-26
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

BRentAP03 Posted at 3-23 18:35
Woah! Very cool design, upload a video of it flying!

Test video posted, follow this link.
Silent props testing
2019-4-21
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

evanwish Posted at 3-26 17:06
Wow, I'm really intrigued. I'd love to see a video!!

Test video posted, follow the link below.
Mavic Air silent props testing
2019-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules