Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Not Enough Force/ESC Error - M2 Pro
946 3 2019-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NerdGoingOutside
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198097 ft
United States

So, last September I was in northern Idaho with my brand new Mavic 2 Pro. At the time it has <5 houts of flight time.
I was down in the bottom of a canyon with no wind to speak of, and when I took off I had trouble getting a GPS signal. I hovered for a moment, and after a minute or so I got a GPS signal. I started ascending, and the home point was set successfully. I hadn't moved the drone yet other than to ascend. At about 100ft of elevation, all on its own, the drone suddenly picked up speed and began to fly forward without my input. I tried to regain control with no success, and a few seconds later the drone slammed into the side of the canyon at about 40mph in a place where I couldn't recover it. Knowing DJI Care Refresh couldn't help without the drone, I got frustrated, ended my vacation early, and tried to forget about it.

...then, today, I realized my iPad had preserved the flight log. A .csv of the flight log is attached, zipped. Reviewing the flight log, you can see that before I touched the right stick the drone took off on its own, and shortly after it began moving started throwing 'Not Enough Force/ESC Error' errors.

Any idea what might have caused this?

2018-09-17_11-33-39_Standard.zip

26.58 KB, Down times: 0

Flight Log

2019-3-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day NerdGoingOutside. I am sorry for the troubles that it may cause and to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Since this issue is happened. It appears that this issue needs to be diagnosed by our team. You can contact our support team to start up a repair case by using this link: https://www.dji.com/support. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this as soon as possible. Thank for your support.
2019-3-23
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

The drone seems like course locked to death!!

DJI, Sorry for the statement!
2019-3-23
Use props
NerdGoingOutside
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198097 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-23 08:04
Hello and good day NerdGoingOutside. I am sorry for the troubles that it may cause and to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Since this issue is happened. It appears that this issue needs to be diagnosed by our team. You can contact our support team to start up a repair case by using this link: https://www.dji.com/support. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this as soon as possible. Thank for your support.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your suggestion, but the drone was not recoverable after being destroyed and I do not have it in my possession. I suspect a repair request is not the correct course in this case. Please advise?
2019-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules