iPhone X, Mavic Pro Problem
593 4 2019-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

I recently got my MP and immediately had a problem with my iPhone X and the RC.  I couldn't swipe up on my iPhone, which with the X is an essential action, once it was retained by the RC arms.
I didn't notice this problem with my Spark RC because I left the phone cover on and that gave just enough clearance to swipe up. At first I thought that I would need to take the cover off with the MP RC due to the connector, however my temporary fix was to leave the cover on and remove the little square slide ring so that I could connect the phone before putting in the retaining arms.

My question is: does anyone have a better fix?  Hopefully one that still uses an iPhone x.

2019-3-22
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes this is a PITA. Best bet is to get a Tablet holder that can be used with the iPhone X and XS / Max
2019-3-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Warriewoodlad. I am sorry to know that you are having issue today. You may try to use the PGYTECH Mavic/Spark Tablet Holder to hold the iPhone X on your DJI Mavic Pro remote controller. I will be posting a link where in you can find the overview and the specifications for the said Tablet Holder. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/pg ... t-v2&position=4

2019-3-23
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-23 08:33
Hello and good day Warriewoodlad. I am sorry to know that you are having issue today. You may try to use the PGYTECH Mavic/Spark Tablet Holder to hold the iPhone X on your DJI Mavic Pro remote controller. I will be posting a link where in you can find the overview and the specifications for the said Tablet Holder. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/pgytech-mavic-pro-tablet-holder?from=search-result-v2&position=4

Thank you for your suggestion. I did look at this holder but I think it is too big, the iPhone X on its side is 145mm wide but only 72mm high.
Most tablet holders put the phone/tablet either over the RC display or in front of the antennas. For me, the best position for the phone is were it is in the RC arms. The more I research the issue the better I like my temporary fix.
Perhaps a larger Android phone would be the best solution, ie. the biggest that would fit in the RC arms.
2019-3-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Warriewoodlad Posted at 3-23 13:53
Thank you for your suggestion. I did look at this holder but I think it is too big, the iPhone X on its side is 145mm wide but only 72mm high.
Most tablet holders put the phone/tablet either over the RC display or in front of the antennas. For me, the best position for the phone is were it is in the RC arms. The more I research the issue the better I like my temporary fix.
Perhaps a larger Android phone would be the best solution, ie. the biggest that would fit in the RC arms.

You are very much welcome Warriewoodlad. If you have any other inquiries or concern with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2019-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules