Terrible Red Noise on the Shadows of Photos
2213 17 2019-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ody
lvl.1

Greece

Greetings,

I recenty got my DJi Mavic pro and after a couple of flights and opening the shots i took in Lightroom I noticed that some of the photos that were taken in Low-Light Conditions had many red spots and marks at the shadows making the photo unusable.

Can anyone please help with the issue, tell me what this is and how to fix it?

I thank you in advance,

Odysseas

Notice the red dots at the bottom of the picture

Notice the red dots at the bottom of the picture
2019-3-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Odysseas, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Just to verify, are you checking the original pictures in the SD card? Does the issue appear in every picture?
2019-3-23
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

It suggests you have been very heavy handed with the editing. Send a link to the original RAW and I will see if I, or someone else can help. Shame to waste a good picture.
2019-3-24
Use props
Ody
lvl.1

Greece

DJI Susan Posted at 3-23 02:48
Hi Odysseas, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Just to verify, are you checking the original pictures in the SD card? Does the issue appear in every picture?

Greetings Susan and Thank you for the swift response.

No, luckily it doesn't appear in every image. Only to this one and a couple more who have very dark shadows.

All the best,

Odysseas
2019-3-25
Use props
Ody
lvl.1

Greece

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-24 10:19
It suggests you have been very heavy handed with the editing. Send a link to the original RAW and I will see if I, or someone else can help. Shame to waste a good picture.

Greetings and help you for your help.

How do you want me to send you the RAW file?

All the best,

Odysseas
2019-3-25
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

Ody Posted at 3-25 01:59
Greetings and help you for your help.

How do you want me to send you the RAW file?

Any online mass storage will work. I use onedrive, but there is googledrive and dropbox, to name 3. Save the RAW there and send me the link. Email probably won't allow such a large file.
2019-3-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ody Posted at 3-25 01:58
Greetings Susan and Thank you for the swift response.

No, luckily it doesn't appear in every image. Only to this one and a couple more who have very dark shadows.

Thanks for getting back to us. Please kindly upload the original pictures to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share us with the link, we'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.
2019-3-26
Use props
Ody
lvl.1

Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 3-26 00:14
Thanks for getting back to us. Please kindly upload the original pictures to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share us with the link, we'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.

Hello and sorry for the delay.

Below I attach the image through a link on Google Drive.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VgCrMRsZUYjtFn31N7BeV0UsuQLlihDr
2019-4-3
Use props
Ody
lvl.1

Poland

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-25 02:14
Any online mass storage will work. I use onedrive, but there is googledrive and dropbox, to name 3. Save the RAW there and send me the link. Email probably won't allow such a large file.

There is the image.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VgCrMRsZUYjtFn31N7BeV0UsuQLlihDr

Thank you,

Odysseas
2019-4-3
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

Hi Ody,
As I thought, your post processing is at fault.
I remember achieving this red speckling when I tried to lighten shadows in a scene in Edinburgh. I was self teaching the skill of post processing.
As you can see from the attached low res pic, there are no specles there, you created them.
It is an excelent shot, actually.
I appreciate that you were trying to achieve a closer view of the  building on the plateau by cropping. I didn't waste time trying that, because that wasn't your issue. The other changes you made to the image lost the lovely red glow on the light stone and created a distinct dull/dark cast overall. Perhaps you wanted that?
I see a lot of pics here, where others have created the same dull view. Perhaps this is the new fashion, possibly their monitor needs adjustment or an eye test is needed. Anyway, each to their own.
In an effort to be more help, I include the settings I used to achieve the above picture.

If I can be of more help, please ask.
2019-4-3
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

Ody Posted at 4-3 03:09

There is the image.

I did the editing for you. No red speckles
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ody Posted at 4-3 03:09

There is the image.

Hi Odysseas, I agree with Alan. It looks like the processing issue, you may check the original files in the SD card to confirm.
2019-4-4
Use props
Ody
lvl.1

Greece

AlansDronePics Posted at 4-3 03:39
Hi Ody,
As I thought, your post processing is at fault.
I remember achieving this red speckling when I tried to lighten shadows in a scene in Edinburgh. I was self teaching the skill of post processing.

Dear Alan,

I thank you warmly for your response and time spent to edit my picture.

As it seems it was an editing error. It is truly interesting to see that you edited the picture without bringing up these red dots.

I will try to edit it again.

The good thing is that I haven't noticed any similar problems again in the pictures I have taken even in some that were shot in very low-light conditions like this one.

Please add me on Instagram (ody.the.explorer) so we can keep in touch!

All the best,

Odysseas
2019-4-14
Use props
Ody
lvl.1

Greece

DJI Susan Posted at 4-4 05:16
Hi Odysseas, I agree with Alan. It looks like the processing issue, you may check the original files in the SD card to confirm.

Thank you very much Susan
2019-4-14
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

Ody Posted at 4-14 00:36
Dear Alan,

I thank you warmly for your response and time spent to edit my picture.

Thank you for your reply.
I only use this site and a photography site, so I won't be seeing you there.
I did a piece here on how to edit, not software related, but explains the points of the sliders.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=184378
I hope it is helpful.
If you have need of help, let me know.
Great picture, by the way.
2019-4-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ody Posted at 4-14 00:37
Thank you very much Susan

You're welcome. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us. BTW, your picture looks great!
2019-4-14
Use props
fans06306010
New

Germany

Hi...im new here and i cant open new Topic.

i have since 2 Days a Mavic Pro.

before it was all ok...

Today i would test again my Mavic...i power on the mavic...i power on the controler...i connect to tablet in dji go....and the cam show me this.

allways red sparkles

this is "Live"...no picture

I have reset Cam..i reset Mavic...i downgrad and update Firmware...no fix

Please help
2019-6-28
Use props
Eismann
New

Germany

2019-6-28
Use props
Advanced