Is Mavic follow small RC Airplane perfectly?
2901 12 2019-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mediosse HD - Aircraft-Airplane Love
lvl.4

Turkey

Hello guys,

I bought a remote control airplane. I want to record its video with mavic. Do you thing "follow me" mode can catch the RC airplane perfectly?

Here is the video, I want to record same video with Mavic. Thankss

2019-3-23
Use props
Aircraft lover
lvl.1

Turkey

I think mavic can not catch it.
2019-3-23
Use props
lvl.4

Turkey

Aircraft lover Posted at 3-23 09:03
I think mavic can not catch it.

Thanks may be Air Dog will be better for that tracking.
2019-3-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. For the follow me mode it would use the GPS of the mobile device so that it could constantly track the subject. It will also depend on the subject and it should be on the constant speed for the drone to constantly follow the subject, considering the environment would be very helpful to maximize the usage of the said feature. Thank you.
2019-3-23
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Follow-me mode would not work for this because as Dji Stephen stated. Active-track on the

other hand may work but again as stated it depends on the size of the subject being tracked.
2019-3-23
Use props
lvl.4

Turkey

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-23 15:00
Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. For the follow me mode it would use the GPS of the mobile device so that it could constantly track the subject. It will also depend on the subject and it should be on the constant speed for the drone to constantly follow the subject, considering the environment would be very helpful to maximize the usage of the said feature. Thank you.

Thank you for your support. If it use GPS of the mobile device, I can tape my mobile phone to the RC airplane. Is it possible to better tracking.
Thank you.
2019-3-23
Use props
mavic2zoom-ch
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5547667 ft
United Kingdom

Mediosse HD - Aircraft-Airplane Love Posted at 3-23 23:22
Thank you for your support. If it use GPS of the mobile device, I can tape my mobile phone to the RC airplane. Is it possible to better tracking.
Thank you.

That plane won't fly with your mobile phone strapped to it, surely.

You need to test the active track, not 'follow me' as others have said.
2019-3-23
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats - use active track and keep the planes speed equal to the Mavic
2019-3-24
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

No, It doesn't (active track), but a solution is to attach a light phone and use Litchi Magic Leash.
Litchi Magic Leash allows the subject of the Follow mode to be a different mobile device from that which is connected to the RC. In other words the aircraft will follow a mobile device that is not connected to the RC. Both mobile devices must be connected to the internet for Magic Leash to work
2019-3-24
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Too fast and small to track
2019-3-24
Use props
lvl.4

Turkey

MavSpa_user Posted at 3-24 00:49
No, It doesn't (active track), but a solution is to attach a light phone and use Litchi Magic Leash.
Litchi Magic Leash allows the subject of the Follow mode to be a different mobile device from that which is connected to the RC. In other words the aircraft will follow a mobile device that is not connected to the RC. Both mobile devices must be connected to the internet for Magic Leash to work

Thank you,sound good. Litchi Magic Leash app I will try it. I can find a light smartphone or smart watch.

I will attach the smartphone to the RC Airplane

and the Mavic can follow the RC Airplane perfectly.

2019-3-24
Use props
lvl.4

Turkey

maddox Posted at 3-24 04:22
Too fast and small to track

Thank you, I have also bigger helicopter and rc cars.

Just I need perfect following them on air.
2019-3-24
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Mediosse HD - Aircraft-Airplane Love Posted at 3-24 08:44
Thank you, I have also bigger helicopter and rc cars.

Just I need perfect following them on air.

You're welcome buddy
2019-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules