Proper iPad Support
695 2 2019-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
United States

Hi, are there plans for supporting the iPad properly?

It seems MIMO can only open in compatibility mode, this not leveraging the iPad large screen and resolution. The DJI Go 4 in contrast works normally on iPads when I use it with the Mavic 2.

Please bring proper iPad interface support to the MIMO app as we have in DJI Go 4
2019-3-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ygor. Thank you for the information you have provided us today. As of the moment the iPad is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Actually, there is a  possibility that the iPads will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Osmo Pocket and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the iPad when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. In addition I will forward these information to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket and with the DJI Mimo application. Thank you.

2019-3-23
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

Hi I guys, I have recently migrated 2 iOS apps over to the new iPad Pro screen resolutions (11" and 12.9" / 3rd gen) and it literally took around 30 minutes. One of the apps had a fairly complex UI and it was not very difficult to do.
Apple will require all apps to fully support those screens soon before sending any updates to the App Store.

I don't understand why MIMO doesn't support the iPad natively since this seems like an obvious tool for working with video capture, specially using the wireless accessory for taking motion lapses with the camera on a tripod and the iPad as a remote monitor.
2019-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules