Spark otg not working 2019
5230 12 2019-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Amir Martin
New

United States

I just bought an otg cable from dji after tryin 3 from amazon with no sucess. Is the otg cable still supported? I have a lg v35thinq with the latest version of android. Any help would be appreciated. When i connect the cable it charges but dies not connect. I have tried several different connection methods with starting rc first or drone first no sucess. Please help!
2019-3-23
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Amir, I am an iPhone user and I know the OTG cable works very well with iPhone. I remember I created a post about the OTG use in the Spark and I will post the link soon
2019-3-23
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here's the link

https://forum.dji.com/thread-172782-1-1.html

Please find Nidge's posts (#15 & #22) and I hope that will help
2019-3-23
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nidge's post #15

Post #22
2019-3-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

It is charging what, please? "When i connect the cable it charges but dies not connect. " the Phone or the RC? If the RC turn the cable. If the Phone,  change the Phone
2019-3-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Amir Martin. I am sorry to know that you are having these issues with your DJI Spark. With regards to this matter. Yes you may use an OTG cable, it was highly recommended to use an android device since this is fully optimized with an Android device. Have you tried using a different mobile device to check if the issue still persist? Upon checking the mobile device you are using ( LG v35 ). I am sorry to say that the mobile device that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Spark as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the LG v35 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Spark and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the LG v35 when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

2019-3-24
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

I just got this one https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and so far it works great with two devices.
2019-3-25
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

I suspect it might be your phone. I have like 4, 5, 6 various OTG cables laying around and usually just randomly picking one and all of them work like a charm.
2019-3-25
Use props
DavidBlezard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 387776 ft
United States

I use an OTG with iPhone and iPad. The iPhone complains the cable is not supported, yet it works. The iPad does not complain about it and it works fine. I did have an issue where a cable stopped working; it might have had a kink. I replaced it and it worked fine. Both were bought on Amazon. My situation is not like yours. Figured I'd share.
2019-3-25
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

Just use Wi-Fi for connecting if you have an iphone.
2019-4-2
Use props
fanse4e3b2f1
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

S-e-ven Posted at 2019-3-23 20:53
It is charging what, please? "When i connect the cable it charges but dies not connect. " the Phone or the RC? If the RC turn the cable. If the Phone,  change the Phone

i have same problem march 2020 now..
2020-3-8
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

fanse4e3b2f1 Posted at 3-8 10:59
i have same problem march 2020 now..

Same question to you, then
2020-3-8
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

What cable you are using also may be the problem.
2020-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules