Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why does the gimbal change its direction vertically?
925 6 2019-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Udo13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

A few days ago, I made comparisons of DJI Pocket and YI4k Plus on a drive.
From the results I have seen for me the advantage for the YI4k Plus.

But a big advantage for the Pocket, however, is that I can easily change the shooting direction while driving.

Why does the gimbal change its direction vertically?
Can DJI say something about this? Is that a technical mistake, or what is it?
Firmly attached to the car, this results in the Pocket very good recording options while driving. With the connected smartphone you can align the Pocket while driving targeted to interesting places.

Possible with the next firmware-update?

2019-3-24
Use props
fans76239cdd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 495157 ft
Norway

I have observed the same. I mountet the OP on my back pack strap and went cross country skiing. After some bumps, the camera head had been "knocked" down quite a bit.
2019-3-24
Use props
fans76239cdd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 495157 ft
Norway

fans76239cdd Posted at 3-24 02:58
I have observed the same. I mountet the OP on my back pack strap and went cross country skiing. After some bumps, the camera head had been "knocked" down quite a bit.

Suggestion for firmware update: When tilt lock is turned OFF, the camera head should always strive to move towards it's starting point relative to the camera body. I see a challenge here: The camera wont know the difference between being adjusted by the photographer's hand and by gravity forces when you shake the camera unintentionally. So maybe we should have an option to turn OFF the ability to adjust the camera by hand, only by software (moving the puck).
2019-3-24
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

fans76239cdd Posted at 3-24 03:10
Suggestion for firmware update: When tilt lock is turned OFF, the camera head should always strive to move towards it's starting point relative to the camera body. I see a challenge here: The camera wont know the difference between being adjusted by the photographer's hand and by gravity forces when you shake the camera unintentionally. So maybe we should have an option to turn OFF the ability to adjust the camera by hand, only by software (moving the puck).

Yes, that could be a possibility.
2019-3-24
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does the same thing occur when the device isn't subjected to the effects of the wind?  In you sample it appears that the return-to-forward occurred when the camera pivoted back into the wind.  I'm speculating that the wind somehow influenced the lens position, preventing it from fully  repositioning.  Similar repositioning occurs as the sample continues.  (I think you might have also mislabeled UP and DOWN, too!)  ;-)
[edit:]  Having watched the video two more times, I'm convinced that the wind has some effect/affect on the gimbal positions.  Changes in position occured when increasing and decreasing speed, as well as going around corners when wind conditions might change.  Combined with whatever gimbal "lock" or no lock settings, the system might have tried to adjust itself to compensate for whatever force was imposed.  You might try the same "experiment" with the camera inside the vehicle, same settings, with no wind influence.
2019-3-24
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

WebParrot Posted at 3-24 06:03
Does the same thing occur when the device isn't subjected to the effects of the wind?  In you sample it appears that the return-to-forward occurred when the camera pivoted back into the wind.  I'm speculating that the wind somehow influenced the lens position, preventing it from fully  repositioning.  Similar repositioning occurs as the sample continues.  (I think you might have also mislabeled UP and DOWN, too!)  ;-)
[edit:]  Having watched the video two more times, I'm convinced that the wind has some effect/affect on the gimbal positions.  Changes in position occured when increasing and decreasing speed, as well as going around corners when wind conditions might change.  Combined with whatever gimbal "lock" or no lock settings, the system might have tried to adjust itself to compensate for whatever force was imposed.  You might try the same "experiment" with the camera inside the vehicle, same settings, with no wind influence.

I do not think it's the wind, but I'll test it.
2019-3-24
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

It seems pretty clear that the car is simply going up and down some gentle hills while the gimbal continues to point at the horizon as it should. As it ascends a hill, the hood becomes visible and when it descends, the hood is no longer visible. That is expected.
2019-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules