Smart Controller Charger?
23059 28 2019-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kcole0929
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1007864 ft
United States

Is there anyway to purchase another Smart Controller charging block?  Mine is broken...  I contacted DJI customer service and that was pretty much a joke.
2019-3-24
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

If you can't find the original, see if you can find a 3rd party model that matches the specs of the original.  Isn't there some warranty period for the SC and accessories?  Maybe you can force a return?
2019-3-24
Use props
rparge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

Any 12v / 2a Smart charge will work I'm using a RavPower unit I got from Amazon, works great.

For example:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BF3OZ9W/ref=psdc_2407761011_t1_B07MGGZZWY
2019-3-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day kcole0929. Thank you for reaching out. When purchasing a charging block for your DJI Smart Controller please consider this specification for it to work properly on your DJI Smart Controller The DJI Smart Controller supports USB power adapters rated 12 V/2 A. Thank you.
2019-3-24
Use props
Przemek Kuninie
lvl.2
Ireland

Hello.
I wanted to ask if the charger Mu One 45w can safely charge the smart controller?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mu-Note ... A3AXY36H2MGF9QZZ4X2  
2019-7-27
Use props
fansb445a0a6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 545840 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-24 08:19
Hello and good day kcole0929. Thank you for reaching out. When purchasing a charging block for your DJI Smart Controller please consider this specification for it to work properly on your DJI Smart Controller The DJI Smart Controller supports USB power adapters rated 12 V/2 A. Thank you.

The smart controller charging cube is  rated at 3amps.  Anything less will charge slower.  And I've found off brand 5V 3amp ones charge slower too.  The manual says to use the DJI cube.  An option to buy the real thing would be nice.
2019-7-31
Use props
Przemek Kuninie
lvl.2
Ireland

The original power supply supplies 12V 2A

2019-7-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fansb445a0a6 Posted at 7-31 10:00
The smart controller charging cube is  rated at 3amps.  Anything less will charge slower.  And I've found off brand 5V 3amp ones charge slower too.  The manual says to use the DJI cube.  An option to buy the real thing would be nice.

Hello and good day. Thank you for this information you have shared with us. Let me forward this information to the designated DJI department for further development. Thank you.
2019-8-2
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-2 08:22
Hello and good day. Thank you for this information you have shared with us. Let me forward this information to the designated DJI department for further development. Thank you.

DJI should sell the charging adapter separately.  Some folks do not like to use any 3rd party adapters for expensive equipment like the Smart Controller.
2019-8-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ff22 Posted at 8-5 06:28
DJI should sell the charging adapter separately.  Some folks do not like to use any 3rd party adapters for expensive equipment like the Smart Controller.

Hello and good day ff22. Thank you for sharing this information and your insights with regards to this matter. Let me forward this information as well to our designated DJI department for further development. Thank you.
2019-8-5
Use props
freelance
lvl.2
United States

I use this one, and the SC indicates it is fast charging:

RAVPower 24 watt charger that can fast charge the SC
2019-8-5
Use props
Michael A.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1226070 ft
Russia

I found the parent of the DJI Smart Controller charging unit. Here it is: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32968861006.html It works just like the factory one.
2019-8-29
Use props
zeilstar
lvl.1

rparge Posted at 3-24 06:55
Any 12v / 2a Smart charge will work I'm using a RavPower unit I got from Amazon, works great.

For example:

I can also confirm this charger works. 24w same as the DJI charger.
2019-9-25
Use props
djiuser_mfF4S2tZTay8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4053691 ft
Australia

Would this portable charger charge the SC at high speed? Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B084Q734L4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_LX0PFb9JZ6SSM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
2020-11-7
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Does the Controller even support High Speed Charging?  If a USB-C charger is greater than the 12W 3A rating the controller will only draw the power it is rated for.  It can not over draw power so too much power is not an issue.  But if the Controller supports High Speed charging,  you want to use it for other devices or to simultaneous charge multiple devices then get a high wattage charger.
2020-11-7
Use props
djiuser_HETrX7Q311D2
New

United Kingdom

ive just brought a smart controller charger off {Amazon  America} they are $19.00---- or £20 delivered to the uk then buy uk adapter to fit it into you socket
2021-1-22
Use props
djiuser_HETrX7Q311D2
New

United Kingdom

JohnLietzke Posted at 2020-11-7 17:59
Does the Controller even support High Speed Charging?  If a USB-C charger is greater than the 12W 3A rating the controller will only draw the power it is rated for.  It can not over draw power so too much power is not an issue.  But if the Controller supports High Speed charging,  you want to use it for other devices or to simultaneous charge multiple devices then get a high wattage charger.

I've just brought a genuine charger off AMAZON USA, go on AMAZON .USA. put in dji smart controller charger it will come straight up , see what you think
2021-1-22
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_HETrX7Q311D2 Posted at 1-22 13:08
I've just brought a genuine charger off AMAZON USA, go on AMAZON .USA. put in dji smart controller charger it will come straight up , see what you think

i don't know exactly what is meant by "genuine" but that charger on amazon is not a "genuine dji" charger but in fact, i just yet another run of the mill slow charger....it's not even a knock-off.  i wouldn't pay $20 for that.
2021-1-22
Use props
djiuser_HETrX7Q311D2
New

United Kingdom

I'll let you all know if it is the right output as theyve advertised it with a smart controller .its a little bit bad if they are deciveing the public
Into beleaving it is the charger for the said item
2021-1-25
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

There’s not really an exact  spec for how many amps the charge block’s output needs to be. Less amperage charges more slowly, but will be much easier on the battery. More amperage will charge faster but be harder on the battery. The stock charge block simply has an amperage that DJI engineers thought would meet a nice happy medium for the size of battery in the SC and the time consumers would be willing to wait for it to charge.
2021-1-26
Use props
Ikepuch
New

United States

Kcole0929, I agree?  They seem to be reading from a generic "I don't know how to help you" Handbook.
2021-12-10
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

TrevorSK Posted at 2021-1-26 22:07
There’s not really an exact  spec for how many amps the charge block’s output needs to be. Less amperage charges more slowly, but will be much easier on the battery. More amperage will charge faster but be harder on the battery. The stock charge block simply has an amperage that DJI engineers thought would meet a nice happy medium for the size of battery in the SC and the time consumers would be willing to wait for it to charge.

Ahh... the voice of knowledge and reason - I agree.  I got a 5V 3A rated at 15Watts, because I know that faster charging takes its toll on the batteries over time, and when I plugged it into the Smart Controllerthe  the battery condition LEDs went
for three cycles, then all charging stopped and the lights went out, soo...I went back to the old 5V 2A charger that I use for the smart batteries of the Mini2.  Although it did take very close to eight (8) hours to charge the Smart Controller up on the first charge when I got it.

***Edited 07/08/22***  Now that I have been charging the controller for a while the average charge time with the 5V 2A charger is close to 6 ( six ) hours.
2022-3-31
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
United States

ff22 Posted at 2019-8-5 06:28

I am one, IF something is made that needs something else, that something else, should be available, from the originating company.  THAT is being responsible!  IF made by them or another company THEY do business with, and the product meets the specifications needed.
2022-7-8
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
United States

TrevorSK Posted at 2021-1-26 22:07
There’s not really an exact  spec for how many amps the charge block’s output needs to be. Less amperage charges more slowly, but will be much easier on the battery. More amperage will charge faster but be harder on the battery. The stock charge block simply has an amperage that DJI engineers thought would meet a nice happy medium for the size of battery in the SC and the time consumers would be willing to wait for it to charge.

YES!  YES!  YES!
2022-7-8
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

I purchased a new DJI Smart Controller last week and discovered the charger issue: The DJI Smart Controller wants 12V @ 2amp to meet the 'quoted ' 2 hour charge rate, to get the 1.5 hour rate you need the 15V @2amp charger. The vendor that sold me the DJI Smart Controller also had DJI Smart Controller / RC Pro / Fast Rapid Charger A/C Charging Wall Adapter from DJI that meet the 12V @2amp need. Note: ANY charger that does not have 12V@2amp will not charge the Smart Controller at an acceptable rate, less than a day. None of my phone chargers and my 5V@20amp Nvidia power source can do the 2 hour charge.  Note: older Samsung chargers have 12V@1.65amp, some will work but take forever, 5V@20amp charger gets the message that you need to use the unit's charger.
2022-7-10
Use props
darkdestroyer
New
Germany

Any one ever find a charger what actually works with this dji smart controler. Just wondering as i lost mine cheers
2022-7-23
Use props
TheKillaTapes
New

United States

Has there been any response to this? My charging block stopped working and now I can't charge the remote with any other charging block I've tried
2022-7-25
Use props
DCavazosTx1701
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1185328 ft
United States

35w charger is the maximum allowable for the smart controller so any one on Amazon 35w.3.0 charger will work like new.
2022-9-27
Use props
fansb445a0a6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 545840 ft
United States

Przemek Kuninie Posted at 2019-7-31 18:20
The original power supply supplies 12V 2A
[view_image]

The key is to use a Qualcom Quick Charger adapter - they are many out there.
2023-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules