4590 8 2019-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I regret ordering a Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller and DJI Care from DJI directly. On Web checkout page it says Free shipping via FedEx, UPS, or DHL. It doesn't mention anything about Adult Signature required until you receive a tracking email.

The order was placed Wednesday and shipped Thursday via FedEx for delivery Saturday. Very efficient to this point. However, I tried contacting FedEx to find out about what time the package would be delivered, or have it rerouted to a lookFedEx store in the next town or left at front door without signature (my FedEx acount has this on record). After going through numerous FedEx voice prompts and voice messages it finally connected to a Representative whose only answer was they would contact the hub from where the delivery truck was sent and they would get back. 1/2 hour later received a tracking email saying same old same old to expect delivery by end of day up to 8 PM.

After waiting from 7 AM to 4PM (having wife keep vigil while showering) we finally left house. Sure enough on return home there was a FedEx door tag saying delivery requiring signature was attempted at 5 PM. Unexplictly the next attempt would be made Tuesday not Monday. Doing a search there is no mention of a holiday tomorrow Monday.

There are 3 problems here besides having no ability to get information on delivery time. One is today, Sunday, was to be used for setting up the Pro 2 and reading manual. Second, DJI Care started 1 year term Saturday before delivery.  And finally, no one will be home Tuesday to sign for the package.

I tried contacting DJI but chat was closed on weekend and to use Contact email you need a serial number.

I've done my due diligence and will let package be returned. Having used an American Express card I know getting a refund is not a problem. Will now do what I should have done in first place, order from Amazon using my Prime Account. Only reason I didn't originally was so I wouldn't have to go through extra step to order DJI Care.

Hope this experience helps others who may be in same situation.

2019-3-24
Use props
Paul_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4472 ft
United States

FedEx just forwarded mine to the local pickup point without any input from me. Went there to pick up mine when I returned home.
2019-3-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I suppose the option of leaving your 2.5 k at the front door was not an option, I don’t see the difficulty in having an adult sign for it, it clearly tells you it is not to be used by under 16 year old, I mean would you send your children to the store for cigarettes and expect them to get served No you wouldn’t.

The second part of your problem was obviously with Fedex who couldn’t give you info as to what time they would deliver, in this day and age this is antiquated, when we are waiting on shipments from UPS or DHL we always receive text narrowing down time of delivery to 2 hours.

So yes I understand your disappointment of not having your drone on Sunday, but you knew when it was going to be delivered and you chose not to be there for all of that timeframe so you missed delivery .

Again Fedex not trying to deliver on Monday is more than likely down to Fedex.
Hope you get it soon .
2019-3-24
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Not Sure I could say this is DJI fault, but honestly I would not want any packages left on my front porch especially considering the cost of the items.
2019-3-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I rush home if I have a battery or ND filters waiting in my porch - as for a two grand drone - I would expect it to have to be signed for.
2019-3-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Marty Markoe, we are terribly sorry for the troubles caused on receiving the package, we will inform the team to add the warning of the signature when placing the order.
DJI Care Refresh will take effect on the second day after the date of shipment when purchasing a product with DJI Care Refresh on the official DJI website, if you are concerned about it, please keep us updated when you receive the package, we will contact the DJI Care team to see if the activation date can be reset.
If you still would like to process this order, please let us know as soon as possible, we will inform the team to arrange to pick up at the FedEx store if possible, thank you.
2019-3-24
Use props
MrTitan
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think you can expect to pretty much always sign for an item of such considerable value. The insurance provided to the sender by the courier generally relies on it.

I don’t really understand the reason for disappointment (especially with DJI) as you went out at 4pm knowing your parcel hadn’t been delivered and it was still out for delivery that day with the courier. I’ve taken days off work and waited in all day literally tens and tens of times due to a late in the day deliver (and I don’t give up until 9-10pm), which can be frustrating, but it’s part of the online ordering process. The only time I’m justified to be annoyed is when the courier doesn’t show but records a failed attempt (falsely suggesting I wasn’t in because they can’t be bothered to complete their round and want to get home for their dinner). But even that is a fault of the courier and not the sender

In any case I hope you get your drone and start enjoying it soon.
2019-3-24
Use props
CESPI016
lvl.1

United States

DJI needs to better communicate these shipping terms, I understand and agree a signature should be required to receive the package, however no where on their site is this spelled out or noted for the consumer. Similarly, they ship their products from repair facilities via UPS given the same signature restriction without telling anyone.
2019-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

CESPI016 Posted at 6-11 05:43
DJI needs to better communicate these shipping terms, I understand and agree a signature should be required to receive the package, however no where on their site is this spelled out or noted for the consumer. Similarly, they ship their products from repair facilities via UPS given the same signature restriction without telling anyone.

Hi CESPI016, this issue has been forwarded to the related team to optimize, may I know if you have any difficulties to receive the package at the moment?
2019-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules