Osmo Pocket - Video length 5mins on 4k 30fps
5748 2 2019-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markydeedrop
New
United Kingdom

Looking for some help.

My recently purchased Osmo Pocket only records in 5mins blocks when using 4k 30fps and 10min blocks when using 1080p 30fps.

I'm using a SanDisk Extreme microSDXC 64GB 160MB/s UHS-I Memory brand new SD card formatted to exFAT.

I can merge recordings together than are longer than 5mins in video editing software but at times I don't want the hassle.

Can you please clarify what I'm doing wrong because it's been like this since day one and my SD card is above your minimum specification. I really enjoy using the Osmo Pocket but from what I've read this video recording restriction is not normal and needs a soloution.

Kind regards.
2019-3-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day markydeedrop. Thank you for reaching out. The maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you.
2019-3-24
Use props
fansb5a4bbe4
New
United Kingdom

Thank you DJI Stephen for your swift and helpful response.
2019-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules