744 3 2019-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJR00
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8817585 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone know which board stores the firmare of the AC on Phantom 4 Pro/Adv/V2.0? Is it the Main controller board?

2019-3-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Phantom firmware is not stored in a single location, it is downloaded to a number of sections in the aircraft and normally is stored inside the processor chips themselves. There are separate firmware blocks for the main control processor and also the SOS chip that processes the video information, among others.
2019-3-24
Use props
DJR00
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8817585 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 3-24 19:35
Phantom firmware is not stored in a single location, it is downloaded to a number of sections in the aircraft and normally is stored inside the processor chips themselves. There are separate firmware blocks for the main control processor and also the SOS chip that processes the video information, among others.

That makes sense. I was hoping to find where the NFZ was stored and swap that board out. The latest version grounded me. I have all the parts to do it just don't know which board. I'm several miles from an airport that's grounded me. I would think the NFZ  info is probably on just one board but could be wrong
2019-3-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJR00 Posted at 3-24 20:30
That makes sense. I was hoping to find where the NFZ was stored and swap that board out. The latest version grounded me. I have all the parts to do it just don't know which board. I'm several miles from an airport that's grounded me. I would think the NFZ  info is probably on just one board but could be wrong

The GEO fencing information will be stored in the main processor chip.
2019-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules