Mavic Air: different drone came from repair - same problem and more!
604 2 2019-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Karolina
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106299 ft
Poland

Hi!
Here is my experience with the warranty repair process.

I had a problem with my controller (left stick couldn't stay in a neutral position). Besides that, my drone had white/hot pixels on higher ISO footage (2,7K, 60fps). So I decided to return both to the local store. They sent it to DJI. After 3 weeks I received the package back and it turned out that I received a totally different drone. According to the local store only "lens module" was supposed to be replaced but DJI replaced the whole unit. At first I thought it was a mistake. After a while, it turned out that it is standard practice. But unfortunately what is really annoying is that the second drone has exactly the same hot pixel problem and even more:
- the gimbal can’t auto calibrate correctly (horizon tilt)
- the fan is making weird noises (I noticed while I was trying to make compass calibration),
- it has marks on the white plastic part (and my first drone was pristine as I was really caring for it).

DJI gave me another unit without even testing it for the problem that I described.
I have since then sent it back directly to DJI because communication with the local store was really bad. Now I'm waiting for the assessment and I'm worried that the whole story will repeat itself

Why on earth did DJI take my drone only to replace it with an unknown drone and more problems? I wish I hadn't done that! I wish I could receive my old drone back or at least get a brand new one...

So beware!
Disappointed user ;(

2019-3-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Karolina, we are sorry that the drone was not working properly after getting back from our repair center, according to our after-sales policy, products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance.
Since the drone has been sent back again, we will inform the team to take care of this time and get it solved. Sorry again for the trouble caused.
2019-3-25
Use props
Karolina
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106299 ft
Poland

Hi Mindy, thank you for your answer. The unit I got back definitely was not tested as the problem was exactly the same and the drone was in worse condition and had some additional problems .
The appearance was also worse because it had markings on the white part and my first drone was pristine looking.

Unfortunately, the local store didn’t inform me about the fact that the drone can be replaced by a refurbished one - I wouldn't agree on that if I had known.

I'm afraid that all the units might have the hot pixel problem and that you will send a not fixed unit again. What is worse this unknown unit may fall from the sky due to some hidden defect that I'm not aware of and I will not be able to return it anymore after the warranty expired. And I will end up with nothing I paid almost 1200 USD here in Poland, which is not cheap for me.

To be honest it's not fun for me anymore

Is it possible to get my old drone back? In a mail conversion with repair consultants, they didn't answer my questions...
2019-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules