No IMU Sensor state/ Take-off Failed/ Firmware update/ Phantom 3 Pro
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LiviuC
lvl.1

Romania

I hope someone can help me with my situation.

I had some issues with the connection with MC during flights, " Radio signal lost or weak" so I made the firmware update for drone and MC. I've downloaded also the latest app for android.
After the update I make the MC connection with the Phantom 3Pro so I have green lights when connected with the P3P, I have also video streaming.
But it wont take off.
In the MC settings I cannot enable Begineer mode or I set a distance limit, it doesn't let me. I cannot change anything in MC Settings, and the values are RED. If I type something it will stay 2 seconds and then it will go back to red 0 againg. This happens also if i turn on begginer mode, it will stay activated for a couple of seconds and then it will go back off itself.
If I enter IMU Sensor Status I have no values for Gyroscope/Acceleration/Compas, all the boxes are empty. When I push the IMU calibration it doesn't happen enything.
I read more topics but dind't found my situation.
I've attached some screenshots maybe someone will see something.

I hope someone can help me fly again.

All the best!

MC Settings

MC Settings

IMU Sensor State

IMU Sensor State

Take-off failed

Take-off failed

About system ver

About system ver
2019-3-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Liviu,

The P3 Pro is a very nice quadcopter.  The last screenshot indicates your app version is 3.1.50.  The Release Notes indicate you will need 3.1.6 or higher.  Your problem may be related to the "1. Updated No Fly Zone Management" comment in the "What's New?" section of the Release Notes.

If you do not have the link to the DJI Downloads for the P3 Pro here it is;

https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads

Another great web site is      PhantomHelp.com

It has a ton of information and firmware and software.
"2017.07.06    Release Notes

Overview:
1. All-in-One firmware version updated to v1.11.20.
2. Remote Controller firmware version updated to v1.9.2.  
3. DJI GO app iOS version updated to v3.1.13.
4. DJI GO app Android version updated to v3.1.8.

What’s New?

1. Updated No Fly Zone Management.   
2. For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft.
3. Fixed an issue causing occasional ESC self-diagnostic testing failure.

Notes:
1. Make sure you restart both the aircraft and remote controller after updating them to the latest firmware. Otherwise, video downlink may be unstable. Re-link the aircraft with the remote controller if they are disconnected.
2. Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
3. Requires the DJI GO iOS app v3.1.12 or later, or Android v3.1.6 or later, otherwise the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m. "
What I have written below was before I noticed your App Version in the Release Notes but it is still good advice for basic flight preparation.
     Have you shut everything down like you were going to put it away yet?  Then wait for a couple minutes or maybe just recharge the battery to 100%.  (You could update your DJI GO app while the battery charges.)  When the battery is charged, turn it on again with the Android device first, then the remote controller and then the Phantom.  If there are any update notices, please do the update as directed.  Then check the 4 screenshot screens again.

Sometimes after doing firmware and app updates, the entire system has to get a cold reboot.  You are flying a network of three computers, the Android device, remote controller and the Phantom.  The network straightens out the new information from the updates after the cold reboot.

If you get some improvement with the cold reboot, recalibrate the IMU and remote controller.
     Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-3-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day LiviuC. I am sorry to know that you are having these issues with your DJI Phantom 3 Pro. For us to isolate the said issue may we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Please keep us updated on the said issue for us to help you further. Thank you.
2019-3-25
Use props
fansb1720592
New

United States

Cetacean Posted at 3-25 03:26
Aloha Liviu,

The P3 Pro is a very nice quadcopter.  The last screenshot indicates your app version is 3.1.50.  The Release Notes indicate you will need 3.1.6 or higher.  Your problem may be related to the "1. Updated No Fly Zone Management" comment in the "What's New?" section of the Release Notes.

There is no 3.1.6 on my phone
2019-3-25
Use props
fansb1720592
New

United States

I'm having the same problems with my drone too.
2019-3-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fansb1720592 Posted at 3-25 15:52
There is no 3.1.6 on my phone

Aloha fansb172,

What is the current DJI GO app version you have?  Liviu is having problems with 3.1.50.  A DJI GO app version 3.1.52 is the latest available from the DJI links (Google Play) that you should be able to get on your phone.  

Please note that DJI Stephen is asking what Android Device Liviu is using.  The device used and the Android Operating System version (over 4.1) are also important.  Post your device information on this thread.

The PhantomHelp.com web site also has these available in their "Software" category for the P3Pro.  Do be aware that the Android Operating System Version has to be above 4.1 for DJI GO v3.1.52 to work.

PhantomHelp.com does have links to 3.1.8 (July 5, 2017) in the APK Mirror category.  If your phone does have a Micro SD Card slot, you can download the DJI GO 3.1.8 on to a Micro SD Card and load the program from the card on to the phone.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-3-26
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-25 08:52
Hello and good day LiviuC. I am sorry to know that you are having these issues with your DJI Phantom 3 Pro. For us to isolate the said issue may we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Please keep us updated on the said issue for us to help you further. Thank you.

Aloha Stephen,

Mahalo for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-3-26
Use props
LiviuC
lvl.1

Czechia

Hi to all,

I'm using a Huawei P20 with android 8.0. I've tried also with a LG tablet but I have the same problems.
I will try to update my DJI GO app and give it a try.
Thanks for replies.
I will keep you informed if I manage to do something about it.

2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Cetacean Posted at 3-26 00:31
Aloha Stephen,

Mahalo for the help!

You are very much welcome Cetacean. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules