Osmo shakes it's head when I turn it off
2423 19 2019-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FCs
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi,

a couple of days ago my Osmo has started to shake it’s head when I turn it off like this:

Otherwise I haven't experienced any problems with it, should I worry about this?

2019-3-25
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

I believe it is talking to you... 'don't shut me down, don't...' Jokes aside, that is not normal, open a ticket with DJI ;)
2019-3-25
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Totally a shot in the dark but have you done a calibration recently, maybe give that a try?
2019-3-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. May we know what happened to your unit prior to experience this situation? We will check this query with our designated department for further clarification about this behavior upon turning off the Osmo Pocket. We will keep you posted as soon as we receive the feedback. Please hit "Reply" if you have other concern. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-25
Use props
FCs
lvl.1
Netherlands

Wiz33 Posted at 3-25 07:37
Totally a shot in the dark but have you done a calibration recently, maybe give that a try?

I tried a few calibrations but it didn't help
2019-3-26
Use props
FCs
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 3-25 08:41
Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. May we know what happened to your unit prior to experience this situation? We will check this query with our designated department for further clarification about this behavior upon turning off the Osmo Pocket. We will keep you posted as soon as we receive the feedback. Please hit "Reply" if you have other concern. Thank you for continued support.

Thanks for your response! There was nothing specific happening to it, I was on vacation and one day I saw this headshake. Besides that the device is working as it should.
2019-3-26
Use props
FCs
lvl.1
Netherlands

El Diabolico Posted at 3-25 06:00
I believe it is talking to you... 'don't shut me down, don't...' Jokes aside, that is not normal, open a ticket with DJI ;)

I checked the forum and it seems I'm the first one with this problem
2019-3-26
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

FCs Posted at 3-26 00:50
I checked the forum and it seems I'm the first one with this problem

...and hopefully the last! i wish you good luck getting this solved asap
2019-3-26
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

Off topic and I apologize , but the head shaking reminds me of this alien in this twilight zone movie. It happens at 1:40 into the clip. The move was awesome by the way...

2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FCs Posted at 3-26 00:47
Thanks for your response! There was nothing specific happening to it, I was on vacation and one day I saw this headshake. Besides that the device is working as it should.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply and clarification. We've been aware of this situation and this behavior of the Osmo Pocket should be fixed in the future firmware update. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-3-26
Use props
FCs
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 3-26 09:43
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply and clarification. We've been aware of this situation and this behavior of the Osmo Pocket should be fixed in the future firmware update. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. We do appreciate your understanding.

Great, thank you!
2019-3-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FCs Posted at 3-27 00:46
Great, thank you!

You're most welcome! Please let us know if you have other queries. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-27
Use props
FCs
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 3-26 09:43

Hi,

I've just updated to 1.06 and the issue is still there, it seems it wasn't resolved with this version
2019-4-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FCs Posted at 4-4 07:19
Hi,

I've just updated to 1.06 and the issue is still there, it seems it wasn't resolved with this version

Hi, we're sorry if the situation stays the same with the latest firmware version of the Osmo Pocket. Have you tried to re-calibrate the gimbal of your Osmo Pocket? Please let us know the latest progress and we will forward this feedback into our designated department for further assistance. Thank you for your support.
2019-4-4
Use props
Tonka9
New
Flight distance : 4114 ft
United States

Was this resolved because mine is doing the same.  It was in the charging case the whole time.  I pulled it out and it started doing this.
2020-2-13
Use props
FCs
lvl.1
Hungary

right now it is not doing it but it wasn't ever fully resolved occasionally the shaking reappears. on the positive side the unit is still working as intended
2020-2-14
Use props
van gogh
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hey, having the same issue. Just purchased the refurbished unit. Yesterday received the unit, tested it, and do the headshake, but different movement than yours.
2020-9-29
Use props
fansf4eb74fc
New
Pakistan

My pocket 2 recently started shaking it's head after I turn it off. It was fine but all of a sudden started doing this. I tried calibrating it but it doesn't fix the problem. I tried resetting it, it didn't solve the problem either. There is no firmware update either. How can I solve this?
2022-9-29
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Sometimes, my Pocket misaligns when shut off. I manually realign it, put it in my case, and when I take it out, it works just fine.

It probably is hunting for alignment, missing the mark, and saying "screw it; I give up! You do it ..."
2022-9-29
Use props
Dji enjoyer
New

United States

Greetings, same problem here! Head of Osmo Pocket 1 wobbles and moves when parking. So frustrating. Will it ever be fixed or this is harware failure?
2023-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules