New Samsung Note 9 - Losing 'connection' to drone and other quest...
2043 9 2019-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoeFriday
lvl.1
United States

Hi all -

I am definitely a newbie, so go easy on me....

I just upgraded my phone to a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (from a Note 8).... and transferred the DJI Go 4 app from the old phone to the new phone.

I am noticing a couple oddities with the new setup:
  • Losing connection to the aircraft, and phone reboots.... I am able to reopen the DJI GO 4 app while the drone is in a 'hover' state and then redirect the drone to land....but major anxiety when this happens.
  • I get a funny poppup when turning on the drone and then turning on the remote.... I don't have the exact wording but something to the effect of  the app thinking I have an Inspire 1 and then I have to click on an 'agree' button to connect the drone to the remote.  I can try to replicate this issue and get a more precise 'message of the popup' and report back, but that is the gist of the message.... thought someone else might have encountered this and have good input to share.
  • Will my connection be more reliable if I turn my Note 9 to 'airplane mode' in which it turns off calls, notifications, wifi and bluetooth?  I read this somewhere and wonder if that is my connection problem.  It seems like some text messages came through at about the same time I lost my connection to the drone....
  • Finally - I am thinking about getting a Lenova Tab 4 for my FPV tablet device so I DON'T have to use my phone.  Is this a reasonably reliable choice.... and if so, what 'sun shade hood' might you recommend for my controller/remote?
Thanks for your willingness to share and patience with this newer greenhorn.

2019-3-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day JoeFriday. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the mobile device you are using on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist. Upon checking the mobile device Samsung Note 9. I am sorry to say that the mobile device that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Phantom 4 Pro as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung Note 9 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Phantom 4 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Samsung Note 9 when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

2019-3-25
Use props
JoeFriday
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-25 08:01
Hello and good day JoeFriday. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the mobile device you are using on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist. Upon checking the mobile device Samsung Note 9. I am sorry to say that the mobile device that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Phantom 4 Pro as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung Note 9 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Phantom 4 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Samsung Note 9 when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you for the reply....

If I were to use a 'tablet'..... is the Lenova Tab 4 compatible and reliable?
2019-3-25
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Note 9 does work with no problems,i have it myself and had to use it as a backup device when both of my tablets didnt show the map, my fault, hadnt done it for a while, anyhoo, 2 batteries later and it flew great, perhaps you have a duff install, uninstall the app and reinstall it and see how that goes?, I do have Developer tools enabled  but theres only 2 things in there thats actually on lol. When you are connected, have you clicked on the USB setting sin the drop down from the top? perhaps it needs changing, not sure if i did or not...
2019-3-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JoeFriday Posted at 3-25 11:52

Hi JoeFriday, for the losing connection to the aircraft, do you refer to the disconnection between the aircraft and controller? You may check the color status indicator in the RC to confirm. Also, you may enable the airplane mode to see whether the above issue remains, it will be helpful to verify the current status. If the error messages appear again, it will be better to catch the screenshot, we'd like to check and try our best to help.
For the tablet you referred to, you may check the recommended list mentioned in 2#. As the unit has not been tested, you may check at your end before making the decision, thanks!
2019-3-26
Use props
JoeFriday
lvl.1
United States

Bashy Posted at 3-25 19:32
The Note 9 does work with no problems,i have it myself and had to use it as a backup device when both of my tablets didnt show the map, my fault, hadnt done it for a while, anyhoo, 2 batteries later and it flew great, perhaps you have a duff install, uninstall the app and reinstall it and see how that goes?, I do have Developer tools enabled  but theres only 2 things in there thats actually on lol. When you are connected, have you clicked on the USB setting sin the drop down from the top? perhaps it needs changing, not sure if i did or not...

Thank you for the reply.  I think it is good advice to uninstall DJI GO 4 and then re-download and reinstall it.  The copy I have now  was 'transferred' over to my new phone from Best Buy guys.

I will try your suggestions.... and thanks again.
2019-3-26
Use props
JoeFriday
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 3-26 01:23
Hi JoeFriday, for the losing connection to the aircraft, do you refer to the disconnection between the aircraft and controller? You may check the color status indicator in the RC to confirm. Also, you may enable the airplane mode to see whether the above issue remains, it will be helpful to verify the current status. If the error messages appear again, it will be better to catch the screenshot, we'd like to check and try our best to help.
For the tablet you referred to, you may check the recommended list mentioned in 2#. As the unit has not been tested, you may check at your end before making the decision, thanks!

Hi Susan - I will have to test fly this again to see if the communication error shows up on the RC..... I just assumed it was a disconnect between the RC and Aircraft.... but it may have been the software on my new phone.  

Is there a certain procedure to follow, or functions to disable when using a cell phone for your FPV/software source?  I read that it is advisable to turn 'on' Airplane Mode on my phone.... thus disabling bluetooth and wifi on my phone.... and perhaps shutting off notifications???  Thanks for hanging in there for me.
2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

JoeFriday Posted at 3-25 11:52

Thank you for the reply JoeFriday. Upon checking the list of recommended mobile device for DJI Phantom 4 Pro I am sorry to say that the Lenovo Tab 4 is  not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the said drone. We can not guarantee that this device will be fully compatible or reliable when in use to fly the said drone. Thank you.
2019-3-26
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Joe,

Transmitter on First

Then turn on the AC,  and then start the app.......see if that helps

And the cable to your phone / Tab needs to be a DATA Cable......if it's just a charge cable that might be a big part of the issue.

Randy
2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JoeFriday Posted at 3-26 04:14
Hi Susan - I will have to test fly this again to see if the communication error shows up on the RC..... I just assumed it was a disconnect between the RC and Aircraft.... but it may have been the software on my new phone.  

Is there a certain procedure to follow, or functions to disable when using a cell phone for your FPV/software source?  I read that it is advisable to turn 'on' Airplane Mode on my phone.... thus disabling bluetooth and wifi on my phone.... and perhaps shutting off notifications???  Thanks for hanging in there for me.

It is recommended to enable the airplane mode and disable the Bluetooth to reduce the interference. Then connect DJI GO 4, please keep us posted on the latest progress, thank you!
2019-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules