D-RTK 2 - Other Operating Modes
5403 16 2019-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbcb29bc3
lvl.2

United States

Hi Team,

Just got the Phantom 4 RTK with the D-RTK 2 bundled in. The current version of the High Precision Manual shows in the introduction that the surveying function will be released later, but according to the Operating Modes Section, the surveying function is currently supported.

To be honest, at this moment the D-RTK 2 seems kinda pointless for me if I can't survey the points for GCPs or base using corrections provided by a NTRIP server. I prefer the points to be absolutely accurate, not just relatively. This means that I currently need to use another GPS antenna to measure points with corrections. I'm really just asking for operation 3 to be added ASAP to allow the antenna to survey points with corrections, and I was wondering if there is currently an anticipated deadline for this feature. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

NM
2019-3-25
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

We've been waiting for this functionality too (as well as documentation).
2019-3-25
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Well, we've figured out that we can get DAT files off of the D-RTK 2 internal memory, using DJI Assistant 2.

But not sure yet how to read them or convert to RINEX or another usable non-proprietary format...

Any ideas? Assistant 2 doesn't show a Data Viewer option like it does for flight data when the D-RTK 2 is connected. DatCon/CSVview doesn't read 'em. Trimble Convert to RINEX doesn't like the files either.

On another note, the manual says the internal memory capacity is 16GB but nothing about what happens when it fills up... I suppose it probably overwrites the oldest files, but who knows?
Gotta love DJI documentation!
2019-3-26
Use props
djiuser_aerjSg7Sj1Zj
lvl.4

United States

I just received my 4 RTK last week and came across the Mode 3 today and the cool phone holder, but sadly no app to use it with

Has anyone figured out any other software like DJI GSP, Dronedeploy, Pix4D etc that will work? I have a IPad 12" and would love to use it to plan the flights and/or to use it to fly with, my cell phone is bigger than that tiny little screen.
2019-3-26
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_aerjSg7Sj1Zj Posted at 3-26 17:47
I just received my 4 RTK last week and came across the Mode 3 today and the cool phone holder, but sadly no app to use it with

Has anyone figured out any other software like DJI GSP, Dronedeploy, Pix4D etc that will work? I have a IPad 12" and would love to use it to plan the flights and/or to use it to fly with, my cell phone is bigger than that tiny little screen.

To date no other flight planning/control software works with the P4P RTK (not that I know of at least), only the DJI GS RTK app.

Mode 3?
2019-3-26
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

Mode 3 on the D-RTK allow you to use the RTK rod as a standalone gps rod I'm guessing to shot in GCPs by using your cellphone, hence the cellphone adapter. That's what I read somewhere but nobody knows where the software is.
2019-3-28
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

LYVFD8142 Posted at 3-28 19:11
Mode 3 on the D-RTK allow you to use the RTK rod as a standalone gps rod I'm guessing to shot in GCPs by using your cellphone, hence the cellphone adapter. That's what I read somewhere but nobody knows where the software is.

@LYVFD8142 thanks, I hadn't heard it called "Mode 3" but that sounds like what we're talking about.
2019-3-28
Use props
CoastalCapt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192343 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_aerjSg7Sj1Zj Posted at 3-26 17:47

I am in hopes of being able to use my Ipad with the P4 RTK as well.  The Ground Station Pro app allegedly supports the P4RTK with update 2.0.3 - [New] Add support for P4 RTK.  Now in the settings you have the option of configuring an NTRIP or RTN.  I still cant figure out how to connect to the drone using the app though.  Maybe there will be some news soon from DJI, I suppose the new Terra software may come into play with this as well.
2019-4-2
Use props
CoastalCapt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192343 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also I would just like to say I updated the firmware on the D-RTK 2 to V01.07.0116 and the release notes say "Added support for the remote controller without a built-in-display for use with Mobile SDK apps"

This sounds promising but does that mean you have to get the RTK remote without a built-in screen to use this functionality??
2019-4-2
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

patiam Posted at 3-28 21:14
@LYVFD8142 thanks, I hadn't heard it called "Mode 3" but that sounds like what we're talking about.

I call it Mode 3 since they use the Mode Selection on the D-RTK unit, Mode 1 as Mobile, Mode 2 as Network, Mode 3 as User (Something like that). The D-RTK has the cell phone holder so I'm combining Mode 3 and cell phone holder to say we will be able to walk around and tie in stuff like GCPs or hopefully take shots on structures or stockpiles etc.

I just go my SIM card and dongle for my D-RTK unit so I will be testing it this week. Since I work with a engineering/surveying company we are going to test the accuracy of the D-RTK unit to get it dialed in.
2019-4-2
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

CoastalCapt Posted at 4-2 09:49
I am in hopes of being able to use my Ipad with the P4 RTK as well.  The Ground Station Pro app allegedly supports the P4RTK with update 2.0.3 - [New] Add support for P4 RTK.  Now in the settings you have the option of configuring an NTRIP or RTN.  I still cant figure out how to connect to the drone using the app though.  Maybe there will be some news soon from DJI, I suppose the new Terra software may come into play with this as well.

I read the Update as well and I would love to use my 12" IPad because that little ittty bitty screen and my big hands don't get along, hell my cell phone is bigger than that screen (long live 6" screens lol). I would love to see GSP, DroneDeploy, Litchi, Pix4D (even though they are slow to update after DJI patches), etc.
2019-4-2
Use props
kowalcca
lvl.1

Canada

Hello!

Still holding out for this mode 3 capability. Anyone heard/seen any news on software for this operation yet?
2019-5-15
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

kowalcca@cdk Posted at 5-15 12:16
Hello!

Still holding out for this mode 3 capability. Anyone heard/seen any news on software for this operation yet?

@kowalca-

See this post:
NEW D-RTK 2 "User Manual"!!!
The unreleased DJI manual posted there has some doscumentation of how to use Mode 3. I fiddled with it a bit but couldn't get the D-RTK 2 to link to the RC as a rover and I ran out of time. Still plan to try again.

Let us know if you get it to work!

2019-5-15
Use props
kowalcca
lvl.1

Canada

patiam Posted at 5-15 12:24
@kowalca-

See this post:

hi and thank you! I will try it out and post any results i get.
2019-5-15
Use props
fansbcb29bc3
lvl.2

United States

Patiam, think you could work your magic and get an improved workflow for Mode 3 and also a release for Mode 2? :-D
2019-6-9
Use props
greenbayaj
New

United States

Was it figured out and are you able to use the D-RTK 2 to collect coordinates for GCP's without having to have the drone on?
Thank You
2020-1-7
Use props
CHASCOADMIN
lvl.4
United States

The D-RTK 2 needs to be connected to a service to be used as an RTK rover. You don't need the service to run it as a base, especially if you are wanting to be "absolutely" accurate. You need the base to be setup on a known point and manually enter the coordinates. The GCP's would need to be localized to alleviate the issues with ellipsoid, shift and scale factors.
You can use the drone as a rover in dire situations. We setup a garage floor tile with markings of where to position the drone and a hole in the tile to place over a point so we could come back to it. We then used another GNSS rover to find the correct orientation of the drone and the "antenna height" so that we could obtain the ground elevation. Only problem with this method is that you are still using ellipsoid and do not get rid of scale factors or shift
2020-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules