Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
dji mavic pro batteries issue
3575 7 2019-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscd564593
Flight distance : 68320 ft

Portugal

Hello, i have this two batteries, i bought the dji mavic pro with 3 batteries, and the seller told me that 2 of them didn't work, i charged them and connected to the drone:
battery 1:
3.86V 3.99V 4.23V
voltage 12.09v
temperature 23.3ºC
product date: 2017-5
times charged: 12
current status
cell broken

battery 2:
4.20V 4.06V 4.30V
voltage 12.54v
temperature 22.6ºC
product date: 2017-5
times charged:15
current status
cell broken

i searched at google about this type of issues.
it's normal that a battery with 12 and 15 times charged get faulty?!!
how can i fix this?

thanks and sorry my english

2019-3-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that, you may still give a try to discharge the battery unit 5% then try to charge it again and see if there will be a change. About the concern, it will be a case to case basis. You may check this Battery safety Guidelines https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... tery+Safety+Guides+(EN).pdf
If ever still within the warranty you may send it into the facility for further checking as long as you have the Proof of purchase as well for warranty purpose. You can reach out one of our support channels for further assistance, you may go to this link https://www.dji.com/support
Best regards!
2019-3-25
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

unfortunately there is no fix for a brocken cell - if you are lucky then as dji gamora suggests may work otherwise the battery is permanently brocken and must be replaced. when batteries are properly taken care of then it is not normal to get faulty so soon - however when batteries are not properly taken care then it is normal. probably those batteries were either stored too long with a full charge or other wise probably suffered some trauma from being dropped etc.
2019-3-25
Use props
Paul_IA
Captain
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

No, that's not normal but you don't know how the previous owner treated the batteries. If you toss them around or don't provide proper storage when you're transporting them, I could see how you could have two batteries with broken cells. Not sure that discharging/recharging will fix that, but it won't hurt either. Just be sure when you do that you watch them while they're under charge and you're charging them in a place where it won't burn your house down if something goes wrong.
2019-3-25
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

You need to get yourself one or two batteries to be able to use now, while you are trying to rehabilitate the ones you have.  They obviously have problems and need to TLC.  Cell to cell voltages should not vary more than a few hundredths of a volt.  Those old batteries need to be exercised properly to see if they will recover.  Never trust bad batteries.  If they don't recover completely, you might keep them around for doing things like updates and flight sim flying instead of using your newer properly operating batteries.  Don't trust bad batteries and don't fly without fully charging them fairly soon before flying.
2019-3-26
Use props
SH59
Captain
Flight distance : 4291 ft

United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 3-25 14:47
....probably those batteries were either stored too long with a full charge or other wise probably suffered some trauma from being dropped etc....

Curious about the storage with full charge. Aren't these suppose to discharge themselves after 10 days?  New to drones, but on my RC surface rigs with 3s batteries...I agree...if you don't plan to use them within a week or so, you should always discharge them to protect the battery. I usually drop mine to about 3.7v.

As mentioned, Charging\Discharging them several times may help. And is you have a way to check the resistance of each cell, that would indicate if you had an ailing cell or not. Higher than 4+ megs per cell, or large variances between the cells would be something to keep an eye on.   

2019-3-29
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

SH59 Posted at 3-29 10:51
Curious about the storage with full charge. Aren't these suppose to discharge themselves after 10 days?  New to drones, but on my RC surface rigs with 3s batteries...I agree...if you don't plan to use them within a week or so, you should always discharge them to protect the battery. I usually drop mine to about 3.7v.

As mentioned, Charging\Discharging them several times may help. And is you have a way to check the resistance of each cell, that would indicate if you had an ailing cell or not. Higher than 4+ megs per cell, or large variances between the cells would be something to keep an eye on.

seems that 10 days is too long for the health of the battery especially if it is done frequently.
Dji go 4 app offers the option to choose how many days before self discharge begins to take place.
mine is set to three days - mostly i fly the batteries before they begin to self discharge.

the app also provides notices about bad battery condition /health which i have found to be relyable..so thats very handy.
2019-3-30
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Batteries will also deteriorate if left with low charge. Mavic Pro batteries will self discharge down to 0 if you do not charge them back up after 3 months. Also do not believe the 2 lights indicator of you have left your batteries for 3 months. They will show 2 lights until you power the battery on then it will show the real charge status.

I have a regular task set in my calendar to charge all my DJI batteries every 3 months as recommended by DJI.

Cheers

2019-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules