Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Smart Controller HDMI Output
23253 13 2019-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skambir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 657690 ft
Poland

Hi Guys,
I want to buy Smart Controller to create live streams but i can't find direct video example which coming out from HDMI port. Do you have some examples of video feed recorded using any video grabber connected to HDMI port? I need to just check FPV output.

Thanks A lot!

2019-3-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we really admire you being interested with the Product. About your question. If you were going to use the HDMI output and connected it to any Monitor that supported HDMI input it will mirror the screen from the smart controller going to your monitor. Meaning you will able to see the Screen from the Smart controller going to the monitor. If you have any question feel free to reach us back. Thanks!
2019-3-25
Use props
Skambir
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-25 14:02
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we really admire you being interested with the Product. About your question. If you were going to use the HDMI output and connected it to any Monitor that supported HDMI input it will mirror the screen from the smart controller going to your monitor. Meaning you will able to see the Screen from the Smart controller going to the monitor. If you have any question feel free to reach us back. Thanks!

Can I see only view from drone? Without OSD. What about quality? Will it be similar like a stream to RTMP?
2019-3-26
Use props
CRAIGMART75
First Officer
Flight distance : 1543901 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,
You can swipe down in the GO App and that removes the OSD.  I have not checked the Quality.
2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Skambir Posted at 3-26 00:45
Can I see only view from drone? Without OSD. What about quality? Will it be similar like a stream to RTMP?

Yes, you can just like what @CRAIGMART75 said, you can just swipe up or down from the camera view to make it full screen and it will hide all the On screen dispaly. About the quality since the connection is wired and it just mirroring the screen from the Smart RC. You have the option as well to remove the OSD go to Setting->Display->HDMI Output Mode->Camera view
Please keep us posted.
2019-3-26
Use props
Skambir
lvl.1
Poland

Thanks Guys for your feedback! I found another solutions to do this. I bought a VPS and installed a nginx with rtmp module and created a custom rtmp stream. It working good, but quality is just poor. Is there any option to increase bitrate of stream to custom rtmp? It's usually ~2000 kb/s but i'm connected to server class connection via Wi-Fi. Connection speed between controller and drone it's usually 12 mb/s. Thanks a lot!
2019-3-31
Use props
Gimbaldore
Flight distance : 3671 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm only getting HDMI output when I set the HDMI output mode on 'Duplicate'.

Any ideas on how to get HDMI output mode set to 'Camera' to work???

I've tried connecting several different HDMI devices but the results are always the same---no joy.
2019-7-20
Use props
Gimbaldore
Flight distance : 3671 ft
  • >>>
United States

HDMI output 'Camera View' does work correctly with my Mavic 2 Pro but not correctly with my M2E Dual.

All I get on the Dual is a blank screen on my TV when the SC is set to HDMI output mode "Camera View'.
2019-7-20
Use props
cmcarman15
lvl.1
Flight distance : 274199 ft
United States

I'll be teaching a class coming up and wanted to confirm how this works. I unfortunately do not have this controller, my partner (on the other side of the state does). I was hoping to have him use his Smart Controller to fly his Mavic 2 Pro, then using an HDMI cable, be able to mirror his screen to a television set up nearby that the rest of the class could view while he is flying. Is that how it works?

Thank you for your time
2019-8-5
Use props
hbarchini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7467713 ft
  • >>>
Paraguay

Gimbaldore Posted at 7-20 01:14
HDMI output 'Camera View' does work correctly with my Mavic 2 Pro but not correctly with my M2E Dual.

All I get on the Dual is a blank screen on my TV when the SC is set to HDMI output mode "Camera View'.

Same problem here with m2e!!! I need a clean output!
2019-8-12
Use props
DCallahan01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1743806 ft
United States

I am using a Mavic 2 Enterprise Zoom and could not select "Camera View" in the HDMI Settings - the external monitor just froze up on everything except "Duplicate"! However, the two finger swipe method described above works fine - the OSD data appears or disappears as necessary, once you try several 'speeds' of swiping down with 2 fingers. Other setting such as HDMI Rotation also seem to be stuck, I can't set mine anywhere except 90 degrees. My resolution is fine at 1920 x 1080 (60mhz), it works anyways ;o)
2020-1-15
Use props
Capt. Steve
First Officer
Flight distance : 7344475 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-3-25 14:02

Hey,  Thank you.  I do have a monitor and it worked great.  I was just wondering if I could do the same with an iPad Pro.  If not, the monitor will do.  thank you for your response...
2020-8-11
Use props
EliasAU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53209400 ft
Australia

So I find this whole concept very limiting because we cant get one or the other in functionality.

1. Goal to have HDMI Out from the DJI FPV Goggles (the 4 antenna version for standard quads)

To Get HDMI Out or a second person to view you are faced with the following
1. Buy a smart controller and connect wires from goggles to smart controller to hdmi device
    a) Problem with this is the controller can not be used for any Air Unit or CADDX system as a remote control essentially making the controller nothing more than an interface box as you still need the FPV controller to connect to your DJI Air unit for FPV
2. Buy a second set of goggles but then your limited to only 1 observer

All in all the forcing of buying a smart controller or goggles so someone who comes with you can view what you are viewing is an extremely costly solution.

I dont care if there was a 1 second delay behind the goggles as long as there was the ability and being a qualified electrical engineer I fail to see why we cant use the current USB-C or HDMI port to achieve this.

To me it's a way to generate sales rather than providing a solution that will encourage more sales for goggles for the people who are thinking about transitioning between analog to digital

I know from talking to many people this is one key feature that stops them from moving to digital despite the clarity and they have said they will wait till another contender comes into the market with a digital solution that is capable of the simple output request
2020-8-31
Use props
djiuser_7R1DfkuGrgZ3
lvl.1

Norway

I also have a problem for my Matrice 300 with H20T camera. When we use the smartcontroller with a HDMI cable om a monitor, the picture scales down to about 25 % of the screen in « camera view». In «duplicate» screen its all over the screen but then with all the info in screen.
Tried mant different cabels and monitors. Same problem. Software up to date.
Somebody know??
2021-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules