2394 10 2019-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joecollinsphoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56814 ft
United States

New Spark owner here.

Do I really have to connect every time I turn it on and want to fly? By connect I mean scan the QR code and all that stuff.

Thanks (still learning),

J
2019-3-25
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

no just once to link them
2019-3-25
Use props
joecollinsphoto
lvl.1
United States

Just to add another thing. My iPhone cannot seem to successfully scan any of the QR codes.
2019-3-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that. It's should be one time only but make sure the linking is successful. May I ask if are you using a remote controller or just a mobile device only? You can check this video tutorial on how to link the unit using the Remote or just a mobile device. Thanks!
2019-3-25
Use props
joecollinsphoto
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-25 14:58
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that. It's should be one time only but make sure the linking is successful. May I ask if are you using a remote controller or just a mobile device only? You can check this video tutorial on how to link the unit using the Remote or just a mobile device. Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOi9WiS-PF8

A. Your screen name Gamora rocks.
B. That video helped immensely.

Thanks!
2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

joecollinsphoto Posted at 3-26 07:53
A. Your screen name Gamora rocks.
B. That video helped immensely.

Thank you for that one. And it's my pleasure to help you. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Thanks!
2019-3-26
Use props
joecollinsphoto
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-26 08:46
Thank you for that one. And it's my pleasure to help you. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Thanks!

Well, surprise surprise, I do have another question. When I try to connect to the Spark using only my iPhone the Spark does not show up on the Wifi list. Like never. I turn on the Spark. Go to the Wifi settings on the phone - not there - so when I start DJI GO 4 is isn't connecting. Clearly I am missing something.
2019-3-26
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Try the following from the manual.  https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 0Manual%20V1.6-.pdf
Pages 32, 38 & 39.

1. To disconnect from the Remote Controller:
a) Power on the aircraft.
b) Press & hold the power button on the aircraft for six seconds until hearing a double beep.

2. To reconnect to the Remote Controller:
b) Press & hold the power button on the aircraft for three seconds until hearing a single beep.
c) Press & hold the Flight pause button, the Function button & the Customizable button similtaneously on the Remote Controller. Linking is completewhen the status light on the Remote Controller turns green.

3) To reset the aircraft Wifi & password to 2.4 Ghz:
b) Press & hold the power button on the aircraft for nine seconds until hearing three beeps.

Note: The remote controller frequency can also be changed  by holding the Remote Controller power button for 9 seconds. For 2.4 Ghz it will change between Ch 1, 6 & 12. I don't have a 5.8 Ghz phone/tablet so I don't know what happens - I guess it defaults to 2.4 Ghz unless changed within DJI Go 4.

If the above options don't work, try another phone/tablet & repeat?
Good luck.
2019-3-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

joecollinsphoto Posted at 3-26 18:37
Well, surprise surprise, I do have another question. When I try to connect to the Spark using only my iPhone the Spark does not show up on the Wifi list. Like never. I turn on the Spark. Go to the Wifi settings on the phone - not there - so when I start DJI GO 4 is isn't connecting. Clearly I am missing something.

Sorry to hear that. You may give a try to do the Instruction that provided by @Sparkz71, since it's the correct way as well. Please keep us posted. Thanks!
2019-3-27
Use props
joecollinsphoto
lvl.1
United States

I've done the correct way every time and the Spark doesn't show up on the list of Wifi networks. The RC does. In the bigger picture of things it will matter very little since I will only fly with the RC, however I would like the option.
2019-4-2
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

You don't really need to scan qr codes every single time.  But the remote and drone have to be linked to connect.
2019-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules