Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air Unstable Hovering
6821 16 2019-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IamGroot
lvl.1
Philippines

Hi, I bought a Mavic Air last year. All things are great. However, recently, I tried flying the drone and as it takes off the drone does not hover on the position it took off. It goes back and forth and sideways even if I am not moving my remote control sticks. I have also tried several workarounds that I saw from other threads like updating the system, calibrating IMU and RC, changing the props, but none of these worked. It still flies on its own. I have crashed it once but not totally destroyed any parts of the drone. What could be the possible problem? Please send help!!

2019-3-25
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
First Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Could you provide flight logs and video of this issue?
2019-3-25
Use props
IamGroot
lvl.1
Philippines

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 3-25 21:55
Could you provide flight logs and video of this issue?

Hello. Thanks for replying. I'll try to upload the video and the flight log later. But do you have any ideas why this error keeps on happening?
2019-3-25
Use props
IamGroot
lvl.1
Philippines

IamGroot Posted at 3-25 22:01
Hello. Thanks for replying. I'll try to upload the video and the flight log later. But do you have any ideas why this error keeps on happening?

Hi Alpha. Hello Everyone who might be reading this post. Here's a video that shows the irregularities in hovering that my drone does. Notice that it moves forward (sometimes backwards or sideways) even without controlling the RC sticks. Any DJI peeps out there willing to help me figure out why these error keeps on persisting?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1z_Z1EXz6qjvIVDh1Xi9SznR9OqTNTUUh
2019-3-26
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
First Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello.
I just watched the footage, and officially have never seen an issue like this before. If an Imu cal could not fix this issue, I would check your props and exchange for new ones. (Noy sure if this would help, but who knows). Also, does this occur with different firmware?
if the issue persists, then you will more than likely have to send it in for repairs.
2019-3-26
Use props
Anthony8858
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9711 ft
United States

My guess is that you're flying indoors, in ATTI mode, low to the ground and susceptible to wind shear created by the drone itself.
Does it do this outdoors in a more favorable environment?
2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day IamGroot. I am sorry to know that your are having this issue with your DJI Mavic Air. Since this issue is happening. It appears that this issue needs to be diagnosed by our team. We highly recommend syncing your flight records using the DJI GO 4 app and contact our DJI support team for our team to provide an appropriate solution and initiate the investigation. The repair fee would depend on the warranty of the product and the outcome of the investigation. Just a reminder that if the warranty of the said drone has already expired then DJI will not be able to perform a data analysis for the said drone. You may refer to the link below to contact our DJI Support Team. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/support
2019-3-26
Use props
Mavic_Jay
Captain
Flight distance : 2113419 ft
United Kingdom

Take it outside and in GPS mode not ATTI
2019-3-26
Use props
IamGroot
lvl.1
Philippines

Anthony8858 Posted at 3-26 10:11
My guess is that you're flying indoors, in ATTI mode, low to the ground and susceptible to wind shear created by the drone itself.

Hello, I tried flying the drone inside a room before but this does not occur. I noticed that the problem started after the firmware update. However, I'll try to fly it outdoors today.
2019-3-26
Use props
IamGroot
lvl.1
Philippines

Hello, I tried flying the drone inside a room before but this does not occur. I noticed that the problem started after the firmware update. However, I'll try to fly it outdoors today.
2019-3-26
Use props
IamGroot
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-26 10:32
Hello and good day IamGroot. I am sorry to know that your are having this issue with your DJI Mavic Air. Since this issue is happening. It appears that this issue needs to be diagnosed by our team. We highly recommend syncing your flight records using the DJI GO 4 app and contact our DJI support team for our team to provide an appropriate solution and initiate the investigation. The repair fee would depend on the warranty of the product and the outcome of the investigation. Just a reminder that if the warranty of the said drone has already expired then DJI will not be able to perform a data analysis for the said drone. You may refer to the link below to contact our DJI Support Team. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/support

Thanks Mr. Stephen. Will try to report the flight log later today.
2019-3-26
Use props
IamGroot
lvl.1
Philippines

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 3-26 08:36
Hello.
I just watched the footage, and officially have never seen an issue like this before. If an Imu cal could not fix this issue, I would check your props and exchange for new ones. (Noy sure if this would help, but who knows). Also, does this occur with different firmware?
if the issue persists, then you will more than likely have to send it in for repairs.

Thanks Alpha. I'll try to calibrate its IMU again. I haven't tried downgrading the firmware yet because DJI Assistant 2 always gets blocked by my computer.
2019-3-26
Use props
IamGroot
lvl.1
Philippines

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 3-26 08:36
Hello.
I just watched the footage, and officially have never seen an issue like this before. If an Imu cal could not fix this issue, I would check your props and exchange for new ones. (Noy sure if this would help, but who knows). Also, does this occur with different firmware?

Thanks Alpha. I'll try to calibrate its IMU again. I haven't tried downgrading the firmware yet because DJI Assistant 2 always gets blocked by my computer.
2019-3-26
Use props
IamGroot
lvl.1
Philippines

Thanks, Anthony. I tried flying it inside a room before but this error does not occur. However, I'll try it flying outside today. Hopefully it's just the ATTI problem.
2019-3-26
Use props
Anthony8858
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9711 ft
United States

IamGroot Posted at 3-26 16:14
Thanks, Anthony. I tried flying it inside a room before but this error does not occur. However, I'll try it flying outside today. Hopefully it's just the ATTI problem.

More than just flying indoors. There are other factors involved.
If your in ATTI mode, your drone is not linked to any GPS signal, it's also relying on it VPS system to maintain proper height and stability.
If the flooring has a weird pattern or none for that mater, the drone will get confused.
Also if the drone is close to a wall or floor, the props will generate enough wind to bounce a cross wind or updraft to influence direction of the drone.
2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

IamGroot Posted at 3-26 16:00
Thanks Mr. Stephen. Will try to report the flight log later today.

Thank you for the reply IamGroot. If you have any other inquiry or concern with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2019-3-30
Use props
fans1e16a496
New

Hi, I bought a Mavic Air last year. All things are great. However, recently, I tried flying the drone and as it takes off the drone does not hover on the position it took off. It goes back and forth and sideways even if I am not moving my remote control sticks. I have also tried several workarounds that I saw from other threads like updating the system, calibrating IMU and RC, changing the props, but none of these worked. It still flies on its own. I have crashed it once but not totally destroyed any parts of the drone. What could be the possible problem? Please send help!!

Today 14/10/2019 i update my mavic air  and Control sticks too . My Drone not hover on the position it took off .it goes sideways with out moving remote plz help what did i do know ?
2019-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules