PolarPro Tripod Mount + Pouch
890 15 2019-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

I've seen a few posts here related to the fact that using Polar Pro Tripod mount would avoid using the original case while the Tripod Mount is mounted on the device.
I bought the case from the picture which fits perfectly the Tripod Mount over the OP, so I don't need to remove it after evey usage. It is a great protection case but it makes the case much larger than the original one.
It is good for use during transportation from a place to another during vacations, and for periods when you know that you'll use mostly the OP on a selfie stick or tripod.

OP+Tripod Mount+ Case

OP+Tripod Mount+ Case
2019-3-25
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

That's one nice case you have!
In the same time, have you considered using a gimbal protector, whether it is from PGYtech, from polar pro, or other? I don't feel really good upon seeing the lens go uncovered like that.
2019-3-25
Use props
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

StardustGeass Posted at 3-25 21:38
That's one nice case you have!
In the same time, have you considered using a gimbal protector, whether it is from PGYtech, from polar pro, or other? I don't feel really good upon seeing the lens go uncovered like that.

You're right, I should use a Lens Cap for it. I'm looking for a good one. I found an interesting one provided by PGYTech as you mention.
Meantime I am covering it with a Fiber cloth.
2019-3-25
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJDream Posted at 3-25 22:10
You're right, I should use a Lens Cap for it. I'm looking for a good one. I found an interesting one provided by PGYTech as you mention.
Meantime I am covering it with a Fiber cloth.

The PGY Tech gimbal cover is a very tight fit and isn't compatible with the PolarPro Mount (that you've shown).   I have both.  

In order to remove the gimbal cover you need to disengage the tripod mount clamp, slide it down, remove the cover, then re-clamp the mount.  I tried to trim the gimbal mount where it pressed against the mount.  That made it too loose to hold the gimbal in place.  

So, I ditched the PGY and purchased the PolarPro lens/screen cover.  It works really well and in your non DJI case would protect the screen from scratches, too.  More expensive than the PGY but functions better.
2019-3-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks rather handy!
2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day DJDream. Thank you for sharing this information and this photo with us today. Great work and thank you for your support.
2019-3-26
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

The only thing that stops me from buying polarpro's tripod mount (and gopro mount), is the inability to support wireless module.
I really love both of their designs since it kinda "protects" the OP,t sadly the only accessory that works with wireless module is the module adapter, which in turn doesn't give much protection to the camera.
2019-3-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks cool
2019-3-26
Use props
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

StardustGeass Posted at 3-26 08:31
The only thing that stops me from buying polarpro's tripod mount (and gopro mount), is the inability to support wireless module.
I really love both of their designs since it kinda "protects" the OP,t sadly the only accessory that works with wireless module is the module adapter, which in turn doesn't give much protection to the camera.

Yeah, I had the same dilemma but I bought this Polar Pro Tripod mount from several reasons:
- It is lock over the device so it gives a great protection while using a selfie stick. You can practically turn the OP upside-down, to take shots close to the floor level or from a 2-3 meters height without being afraid that the device will fall. The Tripod mount which works with the wifi module doesn't have any locking system and in my opinion is very limited.
- It has an additional 1/4 mount on the side which is very useful for adding an other accessory like an external microphone or an external flash.
- The last OP firmware is so good that I don't need the phone to be connected often to OP, and when I need it, I'm using the USB-C side connector.
2019-3-26
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Very nice! Thanks for sharing
2019-3-27
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

DJDream Posted at 3-26 23:35
Yeah, I had the same dilemma but I bought this Polar Pro Tripod mount from several reasons:
- It is lock over the device so it gives a great protection while using a selfie stick. You can practically turn the OP upside-down, to take shots close to the floor level or from a 2-3 meters height without being afraid that the device will fall. The Tripod mount which works with the wifi module doesn't have any locking system and in my opinion is very limited.
- It has an additional 1/4 mount on the side which is very useful for adding an other accessory like an external microphone or an external flash.

Totally agreed with your points...
I really hope a 3rd party will make an accessory to fit our needs like this.
2019-3-29
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

StardustGeass Posted at 3-29 04:30
Totally agreed with your points...
I really hope a 3rd party will make an accessory to fit our needs like this.

I just got this kit and I love it.  The L shape mount holds the wifi adapter and the OP in place.  Plus the other stuff that comes with it is pretty neat.  This the best $18 I have spent on the OP.You don't need to mount it from the data port if that is a concern.   It can be mounted from the back as well.   https://www.amazon.com/PGYTECH-O ... 8-1-spons&psc=1
2019-3-29
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Cool! Looks great
2019-3-30
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Cool! Looks great
2019-3-30
Use props
Mrjoe
New
United States

Do you still recommend this case? I'm wanting to always have the PolarPro case on and protect the Gimbal. I would get the Polarpro Gimbal lock but based on reviews don't want to chance damage.
2019-4-26
Use props
Mrjoe
New
United States

Do you still recommend this case? I'm wanting to always have the PolarPro case on and protect the Gimbal. I would get the Polarpro Gimbal lock but based on reviews don't want to chance damage.
2019-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules