Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Noise Reduction - It is helpful?
2392 5 2019-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJDream
lvl.4
Israel

Hi guys,I wonder if you find the "Noise Reduction' option found in the application helpful for your video quality?
I tried this option for a few days but I cannot find any real improvement in the noise of the video I shot, so I wonder in which situations this option is useful.
I wonder too if this option does not influence negatively the shots in other conditions?
What's your opinion?

2019-3-25
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

It's audio noise reduction.  So it won't help your video.
2019-3-26
Use props
DJDream
lvl.4
Israel

fansfe82067d Posted at 3-26 01:00
It's audio noise reduction.  So it won't help your video.

Really? I was sure that it is related to the video...
Audio, ha... where from was I supposed to know it? It is not mentioned in the User Guide.
2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Noise Reduction option on the Osmo Pocket is for the audio recording. The function has Auto wind noise detection and Noise Reduction.
1)When capturing in a windless area, it is the same whether the noise reduction is turned on or off.
2)With auto wind noise available, the microphone’s friction can be eliminated when holding the Osmo Pocket, as a high-frequency noise is generated when rubbing the bottom microphone. The two microphones can also be used for eliminating the noise.
3)If one microphone is blocked, the noise reduction will fail to work, and the other microphone will be used for better audio quality.
4)At present, wind noise suppression is relatively strong, and this value was decided upon by the subjective opinions of the previous testers. It will be very quiet when the wind is strong, but if the background sound is very complicated, the discontinuous wind disturbance will cause volume fluctuations. So whether to optimize the audio strategy needs to be discussed.

Hope that this would clarify your query for today.
2019-3-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJDream Posted at 3-26 01:20
Really? I was sure that it is related to the video...
Audio, ha... where from was I supposed to know it? It is not mentioned in the User Guide.

Yeah made that mistake myself, it’s nothing to do with noise in the picture .
2019-3-26
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Handy comprehensive reply from DJITony, thanks!
2019-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules