Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wireless Lavalier with Osmo Pocket
3785 19 2019-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

Hi.
Here's a first cut of a video I'm doing for my main YouTube channel. It's using a Rode RodeLink wireless system and a Clippy EM172 by MicBooster.com I'll replace this link with the final titled version when it's uploaded to my main channel, this one's on my test channel.

This video is very rough and ready with no special attention payed to anything, just as would be the case for most off the cuff run 'n gun recording. We where out doing some Pocket/GP7 comparative stuff and using the GP7 for the establishing shots of another Pocket video.

Interestingly, although I had a back with me as I had extra computer stuff with me etc. Both my Pocket and GP7 setups would have fitted in my jacket pockets. I'm experimenting at the moment to see how I can use a Pocket and GP7 for ultra portable two camera shooting, as opposed to pitting them against eachother.

If I can get my hands on a second Pocket I'll try some synced two cam Pocket shooting. I've also got a cheaper alternative to the wireless transmitter and receiver that I'll try out at some point.

BTW, you may notice some stuff going on with my Pocket, I'm aware of this and have to look into it but the video is more proof of concept for audio. My GP7 is all over the place but this is what happens when you don't have a roll motor

2019-3-26
Use props
Pics2Flicks
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

Nice comparo. Thanks for sharing
2019-3-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thanks David, nice set up, didn’t notice wind to much which is a bonus.
Your a treasure around here, keep up the good work .
2019-3-26
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 3-26 03:49
Thanks David, nice set up, didn’t notice wind to much which is a bonus.
Your a treasure around here, keep up the good work .

Hi.

Thanks for the kind words

Yes, the wind wasn't that bad in the recording or at least it didn't destroy the dialogue, it was very windy though. I could have helped it in post but I don't want to be EQ-ing the mic as it doesn't show how the recordings actually are.

Unless I state otherwise with these videos, the only post audio I do is to limit in order to raise the channels for a stronger output. The problem is that my stuff is on YouTube and it has to compete with people who seemingly don't understand what dynamic range is all about and slam everything into brick-wall limiters, hence why I do add a bit of limiting.

If there's ever any tonal adjustments in the videos I post here I will make that clear.

Cheers,
Dave.  
2019-3-26
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

Pics2Flicks Posted at 3-26 03:43
Nice comparo. Thanks for sharing

Hi.

You are very welcome.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-3-26
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer
Hong Kong

Thank you Dave, nicely done !!!

You need a sunglasses next time :-)
2019-3-26
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer
Hong Kong

The sound, while you sit next to the computer and show us the wireless set up, is that the feed from the wireless transmitter to the OP? mono or Stereo?
2019-3-26
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

Oh-no Posted at 3-26 04:33
The sound, while you sit next to the computer and show us the wireless set up, is that the feed from the wireless transmitter to the OP? mono or Stereo?

HI.

No. Like I said in the video, that's the GP.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-3-26
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

Oh-no Posted at 3-26 04:29
Thank you Dave, nicely done !!!

You need a sunglasses next time :-)

I need ND filters
2019-3-26
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer
Hong Kong

David_Harry Posted at 3-26 04:54
HI.

No. Like I said in the video, that's the GP.

I see, may be during next try, you will get stereo to the OP :-)
2019-3-26
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

Oh-no Posted at 3-26 05:13
I see, may be during next try, you will get stereo to the OP :-)

Hi.

I don't have a use for stereo, all my dialogue is always mono. Plus, if I ever record stereo atmos I'd use an uncompressed system for that.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-3-26
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer
Hong Kong

My DJI mic adapter is on the way, wish to get it in few days .... I have a bluetooth transmitter (stereo) and a Nokia BH214 bluetooth head set with 3.5mm stereo output and volume adjustment. I will test it with my Olympus stereo digital recorder line out to the bluetooth transmitter, see how it works ..... also test the line out from the Olympus connect to the mic adapter direct.
2019-3-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2019-3-26
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer
Hong Kong

David_Harry Posted at 3-26 05:18
Hi.

I don't have a use for stereo, all my dialogue is always mono. Plus, if I ever record stereo atmos I'd use an uncompressed system for that.

I see, and agree, in general, mono is enough for something like an interview or vocal description for the video.  But when I test it, I will test everything :-)
2019-3-26
Use props
NoëI
Second Officer

Netherlands

Thank you David. I've also done some testing with my Boya system, and it does work  fine!

Also. For some reason I knew that you are a scouser, but after seeing the Avenue HQ building I'm now 100% sure :-)

Keep up the good work!
2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Dave. Thank you for sharing this video with us. You did an amazing work and thank you for your valued support.
2019-3-26
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well done once again Dave.  Another great application for the OP and it's audio adapter.  Bob
2019-3-26
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-26 07:40
Hello and good day Dave. Thank you for sharing this video with us. You did an amazing work and thank you for your valued support.

Hi Stephen.

It's my pleasure and you are absolutely welcome.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-3-26
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Very nice compression, great job  
2019-3-27
Use props
maddox
Captain