3rd Party Osmo Pocket Wireless Module W Tripod Hole, Charging Port
3614 19 2019-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
六天圣精奉还
lvl.2
United States

Just bought this 3rd party moudle. Much more useful than the official one if...it works.
It will take 30 days from China to US.  Wish me luck !
Edited: it is clearly without wireless after contacting the seller. I have cancelled the order and they updated the description.

2019-3-26
Use props
Arc Light
lvl.4
Canada

Great find! I purchased the last buy it now one! Reviews look good, see here: https://www.amazon.com/ULANZI-Ch ... 8-7#customerReviews
2019-3-26
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

Arc Light Posted at 3-26 07:09
Great find! I purchased the last buy it now one! Reviews look good, see here: https://www.amazon.com/ULANZI-Ch ... 8-7#customerReviews

The one from Amazon is not a wireless module.  It only charges the OP.  I am pretty sure the one from eBay is the same one.  If you compare the pictures from both links, they are identical.  Amazon doesn't state it is a wireless.  Reviews don't mention wireless either.  
2019-3-26
Use props
六天圣精奉还
lvl.2
United States

Joemar7 Posted at 3-26 07:20
The one from Amazon is not a wireless module.  It only charges the OP.  I am pretty sure the one from eBay is the same one.  If you compare the pictures from both links, they are identical.  Amazon doesn't state it is a wireless.  Reviews don't mention wireless either.

Crap. It it is not wireless, I am going to file a Not as described claim.
2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing this information with us today.  Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd party devices to charge your DJI Osmo Pocket. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues. Thank you.
2019-3-26
Use props
六天圣精奉还
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-26 07:45
Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing this information with us today.  Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd party devices to charge your DJI Osmo Pocket. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues. Thank you.

Got it thanks. If the official wireless module can add the tripod hole it would be great ! Even an increase in size it fine.
2019-3-26
Use props
Arc Light
lvl.4
Canada

What?!? Oh dang, I've written the EBay seller for comformation. If it in fact is only a battery for the Osmo Pocket then I want my money back!
2019-3-26
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

The eBay link look suspicious. I don’t see any wireless approval stamps on the bottom. I think that is charge only.

The amazon one is just a charger base with a 1/4 20 and two USB ports.

Both links are of the same product, and highly doubtful it has charging, WiFi, Bluetooth tech inside for 25 dollars.
2019-3-26
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

On my local shop here, they sell this item (Ulanzi as well), but only provides USB-C power through.. So without wireless connection at all.
But they price is very different though. Here, it is less than 10$. So, there is a POSSIBILITY it is another model, but I'm not that sure.
2019-3-26
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

Based on the photos its not. Based on the lack of wireless/fcc  approval stamps on the base I’d be weary. Anything is possible i guess since it’s coming from china  though
2019-3-26
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Ooooooh god! Open up your eyes, switch on brain! This is a holder for op with tripod hole
& charging .... NOOOOOOO wireless!

You can get it for $ 6.60, ebay dealer is a (bad) joker  ... this is Ulanzi OP-2

This is Ulanzi OP-4 for tripods (with wireless modul)

2019-3-26
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I own this. I received it Yesterday. I can confirm the following:

1. It’s a charger when plugged in. It is NOT an extra battery.
2. It is NOT a replacement for the Wireless accessory.
3. It will not allow Audio pass through. You can’t plug the Audio adapter into it for sound.

Just a nice stand with multi USB ports. Buy DJI accessories when you can. Don’t cheap out on accessories.

I trust this helps everyone.
2019-3-26
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Haha if it don't have wireless function then it is basically same as my DIY OP mount.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-175769-1-1.html

2019-3-26
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Actually no, it’s more than your DIY. It has a tripod mount, and you can charge the battery while you use it. You still have another USB port for something in the future.
2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

六天圣精奉还 Posted at 3-26 07:52
Got it thanks. If the official wireless module can add the tripod hole it would be great ! Even an increase in size it fine.

You are very much welcome. Have a safe and happy filming always.
2019-3-26
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

TheCameraGuy Posted at 3-26 13:37
Actually no, it’s more than your DIY. It has a tripod mount, and you can charge the battery while you use it. You still have another USB port for something in the future.
My DIY mount also has 1/4 tripod mount hole. That was the whole point of making it.
I also used USB-C L-shape connector so I can charge or connect phone while using it. Unless it has a sceond usb port for extension (T-shape connector), my DIY mount should be pretty close.

But sorry for the out of topic of this post.
2019-3-26
Use props
nianeko3
lvl.4
Japan

If this USB-C L-shape connector is Usb 3.1, the Mic Adapter will work.
2019-3-26
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great! Thanks for sharing
2019-3-27
Use props
Arc Light
lvl.4
Canada

eBay seller has refunded my payment.