Must have ND filters for Mavic 2 Zoom ... ??
3862 8 2019-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gfab71
First Officer
Flight distance : 492874 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I'm thinking about ND filters for my Mavic 2 Zoom ...
With my previous Mavic Pro drone I have never used filters, but now with the new Mavic 2 Zoom I would like to start using them.

What are according to your experience, the NECESSARY filters for the Mavic 2 Zoom ?

(links and tips are very welcome)

2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sure that our valued customer shares their experience about using the ND filters with their Mavic 2 Zoom. and provide tips when using this accessory. Please let us know if you need our assistance. Thank you for your support.
2019-3-26
Use props
gfab71
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Thank you DJI Tony
2019-3-26
Use props
JHollimanPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82802 ft
Germany

You will find here a war between those that think an ND filter is necessary and those that don't. It's pretty specific applications, but overall most people enjoy the Polar Pro filters.
2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

gfab71 Posted at 3-26 09:11
Thank you DJI Tony

You're most welcome. May you please always have a safe flight. Cheers!
2019-3-26
Use props
DrohneSG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1001906 ft
Germany

I really depends on how and what you are shooting. If you fly high and slow and there is no fast moving object in sight, you don't need ND. But in bright sunlight, if if you fligh lower and fast or turn fast or faster  moving objects  are in sight, you will get some jerkiness or stroboscopic effect due to the very hight shutter speed.  This is known from standard camcorders, too, and the (semi)professionel models in general have build in ND filters (mostly 4, 16, 64 - but remember, the have also an adjustable iris).

Sooner or later you might experience the need for ND for yourself. I purchased filters only for bright sunlight: 32 and 64, because i encountered the bad short shutter effects on some shootings. Unfortunately I did not use them so far, because I (and some other guys) got into trouble when trying to remove the standard lens cover (known issue, check out postings on this issue).
2019-3-29
Use props
gfab71
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Thank you for your tips , very useful !
2019-3-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depends on the amount of light in the area where you are flying and how much motion blur you want in your image by having more control over the shutter speed. You don't have to use them of course but it's good to have a basic set in your bag as and when the need arises. ND4, 8 and 16 are typically the starting point then look into 32, 64 etc for those very bright days and even higher for long exposure photography. Don't forget polarisers for cutting out reflection too - the list goes on. I agree they can be a bit of a marketing trap but I do use them and notice a difference. I use the Polar Pro cinema series and can only rate the quality they provide.
2019-3-29
Use props
gfab71
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Thank you for these detailed tips.

Someone has used the set  in the DJI Store ?

https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-2-zoom-nd-filters-set

Can be good as basic set for the Zoom ?
2019-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules