Multiple Problems
754 12 2019-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisMac12
lvl.2
Flight distance : 562336 ft
United States

I used my Mavic Air last in February with no problems.  I fired it up last night and noticed that the gimbal was locked in an almost straight forward position and was unresponsive to the wheel on the controller.

Today, i attempted gimbal calibration and it says completed normally.  When i turn on the drone the gimbal doesn't do any side to side motions, it simply rolls straight down, then straight up until ready to fly and then faces straightforward and is unresponsive.

Also, since i've had the drone, i've had to update the firmware every flight (it stays at .0500 and i update to .0560 every....single....time)

I downloaded DJI assistant to try and update the firmware that route.  When i turn on the drone, after connected to the PC, it is recognized as a hard drive and the DJI assistant doesn't see the drone.

I'm at a loss for what else to try to get my issue resolved

edit - also, when the drone is on and connected to the remote, when i manually move the drone and pitch it up the camera maintains a forward aim (as if pitching down)
2019-3-26
Use props
M4VERICK8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 500528 ft
Brazil

Try to see if fpv mode is selected. check this post here

https://forum.dji.com/thread-77352-1-1.html
2019-3-27
Use props
ChrisMac12
lvl.2
United States

Ok, it says it's in "normal" mode.

I also learned something new.  I use a ipad air for display and since i wasn't flying i was able to have a hand on it.  The camera will pitch up and down when i swipe up or down on the tablet screen, but is still unresponsive to the wheel on the controller.
2019-3-27
Use props
M4VERICK8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 500528 ft
Brazil

What about the RC calibration? Have u tried that?
2019-3-27
Use props
ChrisMac12
lvl.2
United States

M4VERICK8 Posted at 3-27 05:15
What about the RC calibration? Have u tried that?

when calibrating the controller, it shows the wheel is responsive and everything is normal
2019-3-27
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Has the wheel been "mapped" to another function?
2019-3-27
Use props
ChrisMac12
lvl.2
United States

Flycaster Posted at 3-27 06:02
Has the wheel been "mapped" to another function?

i haven't done that, and don't know how.  will see if i can reset controller to default
2019-3-27
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

In regards to DJI Assistant 2 not recognizing your drone, my guess is that you are possibly using the wrong version.  You will need to use v1.2.5 that was just updated today.

You can download it from here:
https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2

I'm guessing you probably downloaded the "DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic" before.  Unfortunately the name is a bit misleading and it doesn't work with the Mavic Air.
2019-3-27
Use props
ChrisMac12
lvl.2
United States

KlooGee Posted at 3-27 06:38
In regards to DJI Assistant 2 not recognizing your drone, my guess is that you are possibly using the wrong version.  You will need to use v1.2.5 that was just updated today.

You can download it from here:

I couldn't find a way in the menus to reset the controller.

But, you are correct in the DJI Assistant that i downloaded.  Getting the new one now.
2019-3-27
Use props
Alfieris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19902 ft
  • >>>
Colombia

hello I have a problem to calibrate the imu in my mavic pro after an accident which throws me a code -71 error but I do not know why Can someone help me solve that error?
2019-3-27
Use props
ChrisMac12
lvl.2
United States

Today's update (wasn't able to mess with it yesterday)

The gimbal still absolutely works, i tested it with object tracking this morning.  As i was moving toward the object, camera rotated to follow.

I was able to do a update via PC with DJI assistant and that didn't seem to do anything.  

Is there a way to reset the controller to default settings as they shipped?  I've still not been able to find that in the menus
2019-3-29
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ChrisMac12 Posted at 3-29 05:50
Today's update (wasn't able to mess with it yesterday)

The gimbal still absolutely works, i tested it with object tracking this morning.  As i was moving toward the object, camera rotated to follow.

Have you updated the controller as well as the drone?
2019-3-29
Use props
ChrisMac12
lvl.2
United States

bjr981s Posted at 3-29 05:55
Have you updated the controller as well as the drone?

Controller is updated.  It wouldn't let me reset to factory settings, it failed like 10 times
2019-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules