DJI Spark motor replacement or is position important
4162 6 2019-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spacelife.net
lvl.1

Slovenia

Hello guys,

Yes, it doesn't matter which brushless motor or ESC board you put on any position of the drone arms. It seems that motherboard recognises through the connections which motor and ESC board is in the arm and turns it the right way.

Last year I crashed my DJI SPARK with one broken arm, which i didn't find. So I ordered new housing along with new motor and all the needed parts.

When I was putting it together I said, let's try and see if really doesnt matter which motor in which position.

When I was ordering material, there weren't any differences between the motors or ESC boards.

So, that's it. Maybe I helped somebody who is still searching for the info...
2019-3-26
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Very interesting! Thanks for that info!

Cheersl
Wolferl
2019-3-27
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the info, hopefully I will never have to replace the motor but you never know
2019-3-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this information. We're glad to know that you've managed to fix your aircraft due to the previous incident. For a friendly reminder, fixing the drone by our customer's end is not coordinance with our after-sales service, this process would definitely void the warranty of the unit, however, the details that you've provided to us would be a very helpful to our other customers who don't want to send the unit into our repair facility as their unit is no longer covered by the warranty. Thank you for continued support.
2019-3-27
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Good to know...thanks!!!
2019-3-27
Use props
Strobing_NYC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

I bet DJI hates when people post good DIY stories lol... Honestly the spark, Mavic's and Inspires are pretty easy to fix at home if need be.
2019-3-27
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

When you put on the propellers you can see that there are white circles on 2 of the propellers and nothing on the other two on the motors there are white lines and on the other ones nothing. Put the white circle propellers on the white line motors and the propellers with nothing on them put those on the motors with nothing.
2019-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules