Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Strange Image Artifacts
1702 6 2019-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
benzio
lvl.1

Israel

Hi everyone,

Please click and take a look at this image:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_2ExzW4qnp-M7oVv7O1uPmT_95bMwNNk/view?usp=sharing

This image was taken two weeks ago with a DJI Phantom 4 around noon. If you zoom into the areas marked by the red circles you will notice rainlike artifacts on the image. This also appears randomly in other images shot that day. I checked older images shot previously and did not find this issue. So apparently this is something new. I switched SD cards but am still getting this phenomena on all the images.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Regards,
Benzi Papo
2019-3-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The SD card will not have any effect on that issue, it appears to be a fault in the camera, possibly the sensor chip. Sadly, it probably means you need to send the aircraft to a DJI repair centre to have it fixed.
2019-3-27
Use props
benzio
lvl.1

Israel

Geebax Posted at 3-27 01:05
The SD card will not have any effect on that issue, it appears to be a fault in the camera, possibly the sensor chip. Sadly, it probably means you need to send the aircraft to a DJI repair centre to have it fixed.

I tested it earlier this week in the office and noticed that the image on the controlling iPad screen was clear with no artifacts. Would that imply a faulty camera sensor?
2019-3-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

benzio Posted at 3-27 02:32
I tested it earlier this week in the office and noticed that the image on the controlling iPad screen was clear with no artifacts. Would that imply a faulty camera sensor?

Actually, it may suggest the fault is elsewhere, but the feed back to the RC unit is a different feed altogether. It is scaled down and at a much lower bit rate. In any event, it needs to go back to be repaired.
2019-3-27
Use props
benzio
lvl.1

Israel

Now I understand more clearly. Will send the drone for checkup and repair. Thanks for your valuable insights.
2019-3-28
Use props
Fruxen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1370630 ft
Sweden

DJI DNG Cleaner does a great job of removing black or white "hot pixels' I sometimes get in my pictures. Your artifacts look a bit different but it might be worth at least trying that program, it's free and quick.
2019-3-28
Use props
benzio
lvl.1

Israel

I took the Phantom 4 to the DJI lab yesterday. It turns out that the gimbal flex ribbon cable was faulty. It was replaced and the issue has been resolved.
2019-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules