2002 32 2019-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I believe this is a very good list of stuff not to do , what do you think . Big thanks to Alex at tech UAV for posting this on you tube.

2019-3-27
Use props
Sky Donkey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

I started flying fixed wing models and only ever fly including drones in huge open spaces, or flying field  (old habit are hard to break) … every time I see yet another “city night shot” of someone somewhere flying over a city or built up area I wince.. Drones flying over roads building and people... its really only a matter of time before a drone comes crashing down and lands on someone and seriously injures or kills someone.  Then everyone will be wondering why the hobby drone was banned.
2019-3-27
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

I seem to remember that "the thinking process" started when you were having to build it yourself from pieces, and then learning to fly it.........
And then putting the pieces back together so you could do it again....

2019-3-27
Use props
Francis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

I think like cars, all drones should be registered and pilots  have licence.  I had license when i was aeromodelist
2019-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Francis Posted at 3-27 07:22
I think like cars, all drones should be registered and pilots  have licence.  I had license when i was aeromodelist

I agree with you .
2019-3-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this informative video with us. Cheers!
2019-3-27
Use props
TheCurtster
New
Flight distance : 283202 ft
United States

Francis Posted at 3-27 07:22

Just what we need...   another license, another empowered group of bureaucrats to maybe, or maybe not, bestow a privilege to us.  Maybe we can pay a licensed drone inspector for yearly stickers too.

No thanks.

Curt
2019-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TheCurtster Posted at 3-27 09:51
Just what we need...   another license, another empowered group of bureaucrats to maybe, or maybe not, bestow a privilege to us.  Maybe we can pay a licensed drone inspector for yearly stickers too.

No thanks.

Are you saying there would be a problem if you had a license, I mean rules will still be imposed whether you have one or not.
Having a license can have a good effect when it comes to gaining the trust and respect of the general public and also helps to somewhat ease their minds as regards to YOU flying a drone.

If it’s a case that you think having a license will not allow illegal flying or posting illegal flying without being identified, I think this is a good thing, those who fly illegally shouldn’t be given any more liberty than those who fly within the rules or carry license.

2019-3-27
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

really don't think a license will stop the planks out there, maybe having to show one before your allowed to buy a drone might ease it a bit, so you would maybe need a training course or just an online knowledge test to get a  license before you can buy.
2019-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

raven swe Posted at 3-27 12:08
really don't think a license will stop the planks out there, maybe having to show one before your allowed to buy a drone might ease it a bit,

Well it’s very easy to initiate licensing at activating, allow activation but only for beginner mode, on taking a test online allow code to activate 2nd level, then further test including a practical to open up drone fully.
This is one way there are many other ways .
2019-3-27
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing.
Haven't been out flying the MP for a few weeks.
Just purchased a V-22 Osprey . Flies like a drone and people don't seem to mind it as much as the drone.
2019-3-27
Use props
Francis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

TheCurtster Posted at 3-27 09:51

No thanks.

unfortunately, drone is not a toy and can cause damages. It is  not for children and curious.   
2019-3-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-27 11:30
Are you saying there would be a problem if you had a license, I mean rules will still be imposed whether you have one or not.
Having a license can have a good effect when it comes to gaining the trust and respect of the general public and also helps to somewhat ease their minds as regards to YOU flying a drone.

wouldn't make a bit of differance....idiot are idiots.  if someone wants to fly or drive recklessly they will regardless what their status maybe of holding a license..  also holding a license doesn't suddenly make you capable pilot or driver..  LOL  i mean i see laws broken on the road every single day from thing you dont think much of like speeding, to people cutting each other off down to retards backing up on the highway...  sure maybe some of these people arent licensed... but thats another point entirely one can make about why it doesnt matter..

if DJI or other OEMs locked aircrafts down requiring license, it would be biggest incentive for hackers to swoop in, collect bounty $ usually set out by community subsets and jailbreak and reverse engineer every aspect of these drones to the point DJI or other OEMs wont be able to patch it back out cuz they unlocked keys and dumped them (no you cant change the keys via an update because exposing new keys or method of generating them during patching... or reverse engineered the security processor uArch if one gets added and using it to exploit every update after..
2019-3-27
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

It's already happening here in Australia and it sucks Aus Drone Licence

It looks like big business (Google) gets priority for the drone airspace. I wonder how much they 'donated' to the politicians?
2019-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Boffin Posted at 3-27 21:40

It looks like big business (Google) gets priority for the drone airspace. I wonder how much they 'donated' to the politicians?

I’m not sure where you get the whole google thing from, I only know about Europe and in Europe they are developing airspace for commercial use of Drones, and what’s wrong with this, when you drive down the road and a truck passes you by do you think he shouldn’t be on the road or an ambulance .

It will be no different for commercial drones, incidentally drone space being developed for commercial will be that space above where drones can now legally fly, I think if you want to stop any progress in the world, the last thing you should be doing is buying and flying a drone. ;+)
2019-3-28
Use props
JHollimanPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82802 ft
United States

Boffin Posted at 3-27 21:40

Companies like google likely abide more by drone laws/regulations/rules than general public.
2019-3-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-27 17:33
wouldn't make a bit of differance....idiot are idiots.  if someone wants to fly or drive recklessly they will regardless what their status maybe of holding a license..  also holding a license doesn't suddenly make you capable pilot or driver..  LOL  i mean i see laws broken on the road every single day from thing you dont think much of like speeding, to people cutting each other off down to retards backing up on the highway...  sure maybe some of these people arent licensed... but thats another point entirely one can make about why it doesnt matter..

I don’t think anyone legislate’s specifically for idiots, yes if the idiot is recognized by his license then it’s that much easier to nab him.
But there are so many who buy new drones and are completely ignorant of how to or where to fly drones,
At this point in time drones can be operated in most countries at age 16, soon in Europe you will be able to fly a drone at age 12 under the instruction of a qualifying adult, something I’m very in favour of, who better to teach you not to be an idiot than your parent.

I have a drivers license I have a boat license I have a social security number a tax number etc etc , a drone license is not going to put me up or down, particularly if it teaches me something I didn’t otherwise know .
2019-3-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes, very sad !
2019-3-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

B1houdini Posted at 3-27 13:38
Thanks for sharing.
Just purchased a V-22 Osprey . Flies like a drone and people don't seem to mind it as much as the drone.

From Boeing, thought sales were at an end there :+) ::::::
2019-3-28
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-28 08:24
From Boeing, thought sales were at an end there :+) ::::::

Didn't take a chance with Boeing.
Got mind from Banana Hobby.

2019-3-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

B1houdini Posted at 3-28 09:13

Good for you, enjoy it looks great .
2019-3-28
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

B1houdini Posted at 3-27 13:38
Thanks for sharing.

v22 osprey....for real?? nice one :-)
2019-3-28
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

B1houdini Posted at 3-28 09:13

haha - ok i see now...how does it fly and how does the prop noise compare with the mavic?
2019-3-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-28 02:26
I don’t think anyone legislate’s specifically for idiots, yes if the idiot is recognized by his license then it’s that much easier to nab him.
But there are so many who buy new drones and are completely ignorant of how to or where to fly drones,
At this point in time drones can be operated in most countries at age 16, soon in Europe you will be able to fly a drone at age 12 under the instruction of a qualifying adult, something I’m very in favour of, who better to teach you not to be an idiot than your parent.

differance between a car and a drone is a car weighs 1000s of pounds and can go enormous speeds with enormous amounts of energy... so killing other motorists or bystanders is very easy from a simple mistake.      boat the idea is similar...+ drowning risk    having a license for these things makes sense in general and im not against.   

however a drone, that takes some direct effort to make them lethal.. and the only way i can imagine a drone being lethal is if it was larger than a mavic drone free falling at terminal velocity and crashed on someone's head... in that case not much a license could done to save you since free falls thus far only been a direct result of sudden malfunction or external forces (bird strike as an example)..      and will giving us a license suddenly allow us to life overbearing NFZ force landings...? i doubt it, even tho as a licensed pilot you should be able to take manual control..
2019-3-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-28 11:07
differance between a car and a drone is a car weighs 1000s of pounds and can go enormous speeds with enormous amounts of energy... so killing other motorists or bystanders is very easy from a simple mistake.      boat the idea is similar...+ drowning risk    having a license for these things makes sense in general and im not against.   

however a drone, that takes some direct effort to make them lethal.. and the only way i can imagine a drone being lethal is if it was larger than a mavic drone free falling at terminal velocity and crashed on someone's head... in that case not much a license could done to save you since free falls thus far only been a direct result of sudden malfunction or external forces (bird strike as an example)..      and will giving us a license suddenly allow us to life overbearing NFZ force landings...? i doubt it, even tho as a licensed pilot you should be able to take manual control..

You can’t fly a car into an airplane, you can’t sail a boat into a nuclear plant , but you can a drone, as I said if being licensed helps with educating those who wish to learn or educates those who do not know the rules , then I’m fine with that.

I have a license for my dog , can’t see the problem.
I’m not to sure why people keep using the car analogy, it has nothing to do with flying drones, except there was a time you didn’t need a license to drive a car, but it came with the growth of cars, and so we see plenty of growth with drones.

What is the big deal in having a license, you get to learn more about drones, the rules of flying drones, if you already fly within the rules or close to it then it’s not going to cause any more problems for those who fly safely.

And you always have the option to opt out .
2019-3-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-28 11:22
You can’t fly a car into an airplane, you can’t sail a boat into a nuclear plant , but you can a drone, as I said if being licensed helps with educating those who wish to learn or educates those who do not know the rules , then I’m fine with that.

I have a license for my dog , can’t see the problem.

but the question is, what will having a license actually do to prevent those idiots from flying their drones into as manned aircraft, or airport/nuclear power plants or dropping drugs into prisons?  i'd put money on it that anyone and everyone thats ever done these things was well versed in how wrong it is.    so what will a license do to stop this?   

as for pet licenses.. here at least in the US, that is all handled on local town/county what they wanna do with it or about it.  it varies so wildly from optional to mandatory to advisable to doesn't matter.. same with reasoning of why they do or dont care.  

as for last part, this is possible may learn something.. but if its specifically a drone license mean specifically learning about flying drones.   i suspect it be easy enough to guess your way through, much like the driving test...which i recently had to re-do cuz the points on my license for excessive speeding and was a way to clean it up and questions were that easy you could guess your way threw.  like what does a red traffic light indicate...  
2019-3-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-28 11:46
but the question is, what will having a license actually do to prevent those idiots from flying their drones into as manned aircraft, or airport/nuclear power plants or dropping drugs into prisons?  i'd put money on it that anyone and everyone thats ever done these things was well versed in how wrong it is.    so what will a license do to stop this?   

as for pet licenses.. here at least in the US, that is all handled on local town/county what they wanna do with it or about it.  it varies so wildly from optional to mandatory to advisable to doesn't matter.. same with reasoning of why they do or dont care.  

I’m not saying that we need to license any idiots, this is not about idiots we are all aware that idiots do no good for this hobby so whatever happens to them I don’t give a Sh#t.

We shouldn’t hold idiots in such high esteem, bypass them get license because it will help those who don’t know to become more informed, it will help those who don’t know the rules to become familiar with them.

Forget about the idiots, nobody has ever made rules specifically for idiots and I don’t expect they ever will.
But if the general public think we are doing nothing about becoming more responsible drone users, it’s the idiots that will be the ones who get there points out there first.

If idiots have to get a license, they will be just idiots with license, it’s not about stopping them it’s about portraying the best parts of drone flying to the general public .
2019-3-28
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 3-28 11:01
haha - ok i see now...how does it fly and how does the prop noise compare with the mavic?

Still in the process of getting it to hover.
Sound is about as loud as the MP but not as hi pitched.

Motors are almost the size of the Mavic.
2019-3-28
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

B1houdini Posted at 3-28 12:12
Still in the process of getting it to hover.
Sound is about as loud as the MP but not as hi pitched.

good luck...dont crash :-)
2019-3-28
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 3-28 12:33
good luck...dont crash :-)

I have been practicing on a simulator.

Clear View Simulator
2019-3-28
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-28 09:18
Good for you, enjoy it looks great .

Thanks

Check out Post #30
2019-3-28
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

B1houdini Posted at 3-28 13:33
I have been practicing on a simulator.
V-22 Osprey

belly flop - the miniature 50 cal just smashed the imaginary gunners head off - everything else looks good though.
2019-3-28
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
South Africa

B1houdini Posted at 3-28 13:33
I have been practicing on a simulator.
V-22 Osprey

belly flop - the miniature 50 cal just smashed the imaginary gunners head off - everything else looks good though:-)
2019-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules