Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI repair - very bad experience
1713 13 2019-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jan_v
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81345 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there,

my Mavic Pro is already for a 3rd time in repair centre in Netherlands and I was quoted 120 euro for a damage done in repair shop during 2nd repair.

This is a quick summary of repairs.

1st repair: June 2017
- brand new drone with faulty gimbal/lens
- repaired, the issue was fixed and delviered back to me

2nd repair: 4March - 12March 2019
- after 6 months of drone being stored in case in my wardrobe I got time and good weather to fly the drone again. unfortunatelly the drone wasn't working, the aircraft kept disconnecting and i couldn't fly. I updated all my flight records via DJI GO app, contacted the DJI support and send the aircraft for a repair.
- I got the aircraft back on 12th March, I tested the aircraft at home and it wasn't working still. Not to mention that the left arm was scratched during repair process (seems like scratches done by vice, clamps or some sort.. as only this one leg was scratched.)
- I spoke to customer service next morning and opened a new case

3rd repair 13March till today
- the drone is back to repair shop and quoting me 120 euro for arm repair as as per service it was me who damaged it.
- So the service sent me the unrepaired drone back after 2nd repair AND scratched the arm and this scratched arm is their main reason for them how to push me to pay for the repair. As per repair shop I crashed the drone, well, how could I if the drone wasn't working and I couldn connect the aircraft to my remote and phone. you can't crash the drone if it can't take off!
- now the dji repair is denying that they scratch the arm.
- the whole situation is more than weird and being owner of dji mavic is more about frustration than joy of using it
- as per the alst comment of repair service, you didn't repair the drone and just send one new back (this was the 2nd repair), if the drone was new, that means that no one tested the device as it was delivered to me non-functioning and that's the reason for 3rd repair.
- if the drone was crashed, that measn you sent me a CRASHED drone as a new unit!

I'm honestly more than upset with whole situation and quoting me 120 euro for something I have nothing to do with is ridiculus.
I do believe that the DJI will come up with a proepr solution to this.

thank you.
Jan

2019-3-27
Use props
jan_v
lvl.1
United Kingdom

This is the scratched arm.
2019-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

jan_v Posted at 3-27 08:58
[view_image]

This is the scratched arm.

You might need a moderator for this one, your second repair seemed to be a long time outside warranty, did you have to pat for this repair ?
2019-3-27
Use props
jan_v
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,
As per dji the warranty for aircraft is 2 years, the online live chat checked that in system.

I didn’t paid for repair as it was under watranty.
Thank you.
Jan
2019-3-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

jan_v Posted at 3-27 10:28
Hi,
As per dji the warranty for aircraft is 2 years, the online live chat checked that in system.

Hi Jan, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced.  This case has been forwarded to the management to further check. They will review your case and contact you during working time. Appreciate your support and understanding.

2019-3-27
Use props
jan_v
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 3-27 10:36
Hi Jan, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced.  This case has been forwarded to the management to further check. They will review your case and contact you during working time. Appreciate your support and understanding.

Thank you DJI Diana for your reply,
I’m looking forward to an update regarding this case.

Kind regards,
Jan
2019-3-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

jan_v Posted at 3-27 13:06
Thank you DJI Diana for your reply,
I’m looking forward to an update regarding this case.

You're most welcome Jan. We're looking forward to resolving these issues with your case as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We are here to help. Thank you.
2019-3-27
Use props
Chrispf
New

United States

Since I'm not allowed to start a new thread, I'm posting this here since it looks relevant. Apologies if I'm hijacking anyone's thread.

I would like to know who at DJI to contact if I've been a victim of fraud at the hands of the repair team. I see that "instances of cost inefficiency, purchasing manipulations and outright theft" are a problem at DJI (from DJI's "New Statement on Employee Fraud Investigation," posted on 2019-01-30). My experience is a perfect example of this. And while I appreciate DJI's promise to develop "clear policies, procedures and expectations to address corner-cutting and employee theft," there's nothing in either the New Statement or the original Statement (posted 2019-01 21) that directs victims of fraud to a point of contact at DJI.

My Spark drone's camera/gimbal mounting screws worked loose after about two months of flying. When I sent the Spark in for repair I was told that the camera/gimbal had suffered "impact damage." Not only did this mean that repairs weren't covered by warranty, it also meant that the camera/gimbal would have to be replaced.

Since I knew this was bull..., I declined the repairs and did them myself. As I expected, the original camera/gimbal--which the DJI repair team had claimed was damaged and had to be replaced--worked just fine after I found replacement screws and screwed the camera/gimbal back into place. This picture (was taken with the original camera/gimbal after I reassembled the Spark.

So, the repair team lied about the camera/gimbal being damaged, and lied about the repairs not being covered by warranty. Who do I report this fraud to?
2019-3-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Chrispf Posted at 3-31 10:25
Since I'm not allowed to start a new thread, I'm posting this here since it looks relevant. Apologies if I'm hijacking anyone's thread.

I would like to know who at DJI to contact if I've been a victim of fraud at the hands of the repair team. I see that "instances of cost inefficiency, purchasing manipulations and outright theft" are a problem at DJI (from DJI's "New Statement on Employee Fraud Investigation," posted on 2019-01-30). My experience is a perfect example of this. And while I appreciate DJI's promise to develop "clear policies, procedures and expectations to address corner-cutting and employee theft," there's nothing in either the New Statement or the original Statement (posted 2019-01 21) that directs victims of fraud to a point of contact at DJI.

Hi Chrispf, we are sorry for the troubles with the gimbal and the warranty service cannot be provided on your case. I managed to get the case number via your Forum account, your concern has been escalated to the higher level team to look into, we will have someone to contact you soon with more details, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-3-31
Use props
Chrispf
New

United States

Dear DJI Diana,

Thank you for escalating my concern. Unfortunately, it was not escalated beyond the same employees who appear to have perpetrated the fraud in the first place. So I'm still getting the runaround.

DJI's "Statement Of Employee Fraud Investigation" dated 2019-01-21, states that DJI has "established new channels for employees to submit confidential and anonymous reports relating to any violations of the company’s workplace conduct policies." Is there a channel for DJI's customers to submit reports of fraud? I would like to submit mine. Is the fraud investigation still ongoing?  What happens to the allegedly-but-not-really damaged parts that DJI's repair team removes from customers' drones? (Since DJI's repair policy expressly forbids returning them to customers.) Are they accounted for? My guess is, they end up on Ebay (your site wouldn't allow me to post the link, but if you Google "ebay spark camera gimbal" it'll come right up). I suspect that Ebay seller "dronebits" (again, your site won't let me post the link) might even work in one of DJI's repair centers.

If DJI's employee fraud investigation is complete, then it clearly was not very thorough. DJI's "New Statement On Employee Fraud Investigation" dated 2019-01-30 states that DJI is a company "that emphasizes honesty and integrity in our operations." So far, I've seen neither honesty or integrity. Hopefully this is due to a few "bad apples" and not indicative of DJI as a whole.

Thank you for your continued help on this.

Chrispf
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Chrispf Posted at 4-22 14:11
Dear DJI Diana,

Thank you for escalating my concern. Unfortunately, it was not escalated beyond the same employees who appear to have perpetrated the fraud in the first place. So I'm still getting the runaround.

Hi Chrispf, in the last damage assessment, our repair team found your drone had the impact damage, the warranty service was not provided. We provided the best option to fully fix the aircraft to avoid issues in the future. I understand you are not satisfied with this explanation, we will inform the team to check again and contact you soon, thanks for your patience.
2019-4-23
Use props
Chrispf
New

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 4-23 04:49
Hi Chrispf, in the last damage assessment, our repair team found your drone had the crash sign, the warranty service was not provided. We provided the best option to fully fix the aircraft to avoid issues in the future. I understand you are not satisfied with this explanation, we will inform the team to check again and contact you soon, thanks for your patience.

What is "the crash sign?" The only thing the repair team mentioned to me was "impact damage," without any specifics. But clearly--as you can see from the picture I took with the same camera/gimbal that they claimed suffered "impact damage"--there was no damage, impact or otherwise.
2019-4-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Chrispf Posted at 4-23 12:12
What is "the crash sign?" The only thing the repair team mentioned to me was "impact damage," without any specifics. But clearly--as you can see from the picture I took with the same camera/gimbal that they claimed suffered "impact damage"--there was no damage, impact or otherwise.

Impact damage is what I mean, your concern has been forwarded to the team to look into, the team will keep following up and make it clear,please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-4-23
Use props
jan_v
lvl.1
United Kingdom

the whole situation was sorted out and I got my drone back.
thank you.
2019-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules