Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
h265 on the CrystalSky
2287 16 2019-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

Playing with the video importing from the drone on the CS, particularly h265 videos I found that importing h265 files from M2Z onto Go4 app on (at least) the CrystalSky is not possible... it just says that "this file is no compatible" when attempting to import the original file... I didn't try importing the original h265 file onto an iPhone Go4 app so I do not know if it's a Go4 app issue or if it's only on the CrystalSky.
But when I inserted the microSD card from the UAV into the CS monitor, I can play the h265 videos directly off the card using either the "Gallery" on VLC players on the Crystaky, and they all play flawlessly and very smoothly... so the monitor definitely has the processing power and decoding capability to decode h265 video.

DJI, is there any hope for a update, in the near future, of the Go4 App on the CrystalSky where it'll allow importing original h265 files from the drone, along with the "Map Loading" and total flight time bug fixes reported in other posts written after the 4.3.14 App update?

2019-3-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi mAIRs, I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have reported these issues to our engineers and will keep following up.
2019-3-28
Use props
markiet1966
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1168819 ft
United Kingdom

A lot of processing power to is required to playback an H265 encoded video, I would be gobsmacked if the Crystalsky was capable.

Mark
2019-3-29
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

markiet1966 Posted at 3-29 05:37
A lot of processing power to is required to playback an H265 encoded video, I would be gobsmacked if the Crystalsky was capable.

Mark

As I stated above IT IS capable, and very smoothly but not through DJI Go4 App... only plays h265 video through VLC or the built in "Gallery" player.
2019-3-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Update: Just got an update from our engineers that the wireless transmission files are not compatible with H.265, while the videos of SD card played well without wireless transmission. Your request for the compatibility has been forwarded to our engineers, hope they will review and consider it in the future.

As for the map loading issue, our engineers are working on it and will release as soon as it is ready. Sorry for keep you waiting. Lastly, regarding the total flight time bug you referred to, may I have more details for better assistance? Thank you!
2019-4-1
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 4-1 23:52
Update: Just got an update from our engineers that the wireless transmission files are not compatible with H.265, while the videos of SD card played well without wireless transmission. Your request for the compatibility has been forwarded to our engineers, hope they will review and consider it in the future.

As for the map loading issue, our engineers are working on it and will release as soon as it is ready. Sorry for keep you waiting. Lastly, regarding the total flight time bug you referred to, may I have more details for better assistance? Thank you!

Thanks for the reply... Looking forward to the "Map Loading" fix and the h265 wireless playback/download would be a great bonus.

As for the total flight times, attached are two files, one is a screen grab of the Flight Record total from the iPhone and the other is the Flight Record total from the Crystal Sky.
As you can see the total distance is close having a discrepancy of only 2 meters but the total flight times are off by quite a fair bit, 47 minutes between the iPhone and CS DJI Go 4 app total.

I copied the flight records between the devices and the list is all exactly the same on both devices, both having 100 flights and both having individual flight records shown as being exactly the same, it's only the added total flight time which is off by 47 minutes, BUT NEITHER ARE CORRECT.

I added the flights manually and the actual total flight time is 23 hr and 47 minutes so neither total flight is accurate but the iPhone is closer being off by 13 minutes where as the CrystalSky total time is wrong by 34 minutes.

Looking at the data closer it seems that, my most recent 3 flight times do add up to 34 minutes, so it's as if the DJI Go 4 app on the CrystalSky is NOT adding the last 3 flight times.
With the iPhone app... The iPhone has an extra 13 minutes from the actual flight time total, added from somewhere.

Version of the DJI Go 4 apps I used on the iPhone is 4.3.12 and on the CrystalSky it is 4.3.14.
The UAV is a Mavic 2 Zoom with all of the latest firmware installed for the aircraft, remote controller, CrystalSky and all batteries as at 3 April 2019.
2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mAIRs Posted at 4-2 09:17
Thanks for the reply... Looking forward to the "Map Loading" fix and the h265 wireless playback/download would be a great bonus.

As for the total flight times, attached are two files, one is a screen grab of the Flight Record total from the iPhone and the other is the Flight Record total from the Crystal Sky.

Thanks for getting back to us. Could you export the corresponding flight records and upload to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share us with the link? I'll forward to the team to analyze.
2019-4-3
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 4-3 18:53
Thanks for getting back to us. Could you export the corresponding flight records and upload to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share us with the link? I'll forward to the team to analyze.

I'd rather not as privacy is important to me and there are identifiable photos of my family and property within the data...

The bug in the software is simply that the last 3 flights are not added to the total, as described above.
2019-4-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mAIRs Posted at 4-4 02:05
I'd rather not as privacy is important to me and there are identifiable photos of my family and property within the data...

The bug in the software is simply that the last 3 flights are not added to the total, as described above.

Sorry for the late response. You may PM us the link and leave a message here, I'll keep following up.
2019-4-8
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 4-8 17:52
Sorry for the late response. You may PM us the link and leave a message here, I'll keep following up.

No, I'm not uploading my flight data to DJI since the addition of flight time has nothing to do with the data and I do not want DJI having photos of me or my family, sorry Susan....

The bug in the software is simply that the last 3 flights are not added to the total.
2019-4-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mAIRs Posted at 4-9 03:01
No, I'm not uploading my flight data to DJI since the addition of flight time has nothing to do with the data and I do not want DJI having photos of me or my family, sorry Susan....

The bug in the software is simply that the last 3 flights are not added to the total.

That's OK. I understand your point and respect your decision. We'll keep collecting the feedback and optimize the experience in the future. Appreciate your support and attention.
2019-4-10
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 4-10 01:19
That's OK. I understand your point and respect your decision. We'll keep collecting the feedback and optimize the experience in the future. Appreciate your support and attention.

At the end of the day, it would be nice to have h265 wireless/DJIGo4 playback compatibility and the total flight time discrepancy fixed, but we all know that it takes DJI a VERY long time to fix bugs and (I GUESS) it's not crucial for flying safely and the rest of the system seems to work well....
2019-4-10
Use props
clintonherring
lvl.1
Flight distance : 798822 ft
South Africa

The crystal sky has a hardware decoder for h265. I have a strange quirk that allows the output to hdmi but won't play on the screen. What "gallery" app do yo use? The built in one? I also happen to have the 5.5, do you have a different one?
2019-4-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mAIRs Posted at 4-10 20:47
At the end of the day, it would be nice to have h265 wireless/DJIGo4 playback compatibility and the total flight time discrepancy fixed, but we all know that it takes DJI a VERY long time to fix bugs and (I GUESS) it's not crucial for flying safely and the rest of the system seems to work well....

The compatibility request has been forwarded to our engineers for review. For other issues you referred to, we'll keep collecting the data and locate the exact status. Thanks for your understanding.
2019-4-11
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 4-11 22:27
The compatibility request has been forwarded to our engineers for review. For other issues you referred to, we'll keep collecting the data and locate the exact status. Thanks for your understanding.

Doesn't seem like a big problem to check the procedure which adds total flight time and distance and make sure that all of the data is incorporated into the loop... seems like it's missing out on the most recent three flights... but ok thanks...
2019-4-13
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

clintonherring Posted at 4-11 06:48
The crystal sky has a hardware decoder for h265. I have a strange quirk that allows the output to hdmi but won't play on the screen. What "gallery" app do yo use? The built in one? I also happen to have the 5.5, do you have a different one?

I heard about that issue... I used the built in gallery player which played back my h265 footage but I prefer VLC player so I use it exclusively to play back all of my videos on CS.
Playback of h265 videos only works when I insert the UAV microSD card into the CS as playing it, or even downloading if from the dron using wireless is not working on Go4... hopefully this gets fixed.
I use the CS HB 7.85" monitor... I'd assume that technically  the 5.5" & 7.85" should be the same short of the screen size.
2019-4-13
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

clintonherring Posted at 4-11 06:48
The crystal sky has a hardware decoder for h265. I have a strange quirk that allows the output to hdmi but won't play on the screen. What "gallery" app do yo use? The built in one? I also happen to have the 5.5, do you have a different one?

...to be clear, I did playback h265 4K footage 24fps on the screen using both the builtin gallery and the VLC players. The files played back smoothly, great quality and seeking on the time line was quick and smooth.. the CS definitely can decode and playback h265 video files very easily... at least where the the 7.85" HB model is used.
2019-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules