Flight LOG files for Phantom 2+?
1977 6 2019-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mharvey65
New

France

Does the Phantom 2+ create flight log files?

If so where are they kept?

Many thanks,

M
2019-3-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No ... you have to step up to the P3 series and later models that used the DJI Go app for that very useful feature.
2019-3-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

...or you can use the Litchi flight app which will provide a csv file log in your mobile device.  Or you can add a Flytrex core device which will provide an on-board log via an SD card.  Or you can do both.
2019-3-28
Use props
mharvey65
New

France

Mark The Droner Posted at 3-28 02:05
...or you can use the Litchi flight app which will provide a csv file log in your mobile device.  Or you can add a Flytrex core device which will provide an on-board log via an SD card.  Or you can do both.

Litchi. Right.

Now if my video connection from my iPhone to the drone is 'broken', will litchi re-establish the link or is there another work around...?? Sorry for all the questions.
2019-3-28
Use props
mharvey65
New

France

Mark The Droner Posted at 3-28 02:05
...or you can use the Litchi flight app which will provide a csv file log in your mobile device.  Or you can add a Flytrex core device which will provide an on-board log via an SD card.  Or you can do both.

Litchi. Right.

Now if my video connection from my iPhone to the drone is 'broken', will litchi re-establish the link or is there another work around...?? Sorry for all the questions.
2019-3-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I'm referring to "Litchi for P2."  That's the one you want.  The Litchi for the P3 and above is an upgraded release;  it's different and is simply called "Litchi."  It won't work for the P2 series.

The Litchi app will behave the same as if you were using the stock DJI flight app.  

Whether the broken FPV link becomes re-established depends on the mobile device.  Some will reconnect automatically every time and some will sometimes reconnect and sometimes not.  But you can always reconnect manually if it doesn't reconnect automatically.   Once you reconnect manually it will reconnect automatically for the rest of the flight.

Regarding the log, the log will not be broken during the disconnect unless, of course, the app crashes for some reason.  The log will show redundant data during the disconnect, and then the log will show valid data when it reconnects.  When the flight is over, you'll have one log.  

That's the advantage of the flytrex core device onboard log in that there is never redundant data.  The log is always perfect from start to finish regardless of an RC disconnect.  

Good luck

2019-3-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day M. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry on the flight log files of the DJI Phantom 2. The best way to help you regarding this inquiry is for you to send an email to our DJI Support Team at support@dji.com. Thank you.
2019-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules