8916 51 2019-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
losga77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11270 ft
Italy

Hi!
from few days i noticed that when my mavic2 is going backward, even if the braking is not strong, the gimbal drops down few degrees (from zero to -5 or -9). If i put it at zero, the next time i'm going bakward it will happen the same........
i tried to calibrate gimbal and IMU and refresh firmware, but did not solve.

can you help me, please?

Lorenzo
2019-3-27
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

I'm afraid this is for warranty case, there were cases like this on forum already. I have M2P since release and didn't experienced such since beginning even in sport mode.
2019-3-28
Use props
losga77
lvl.1
Italy

Today I found that the problem is even bigger..... It occurs even when I go forward with gimbal above the horizon...... As I start to move forward the gimbal drops down..... I'm so sorry
2019-3-28
Use props
spasov_konstantin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21083 ft
Russia

Is it looks like this?
https://forum.dji.com/thread-183206-1-1.html
2019-3-28
Use props
losga77
lvl.1
Italy

spasov_konstantin Posted at 3-28 09:03
Is it looks like this?
https://forum.dji.com/thread-183206-1-1.html

No, the camera do not shake or tilt, it just drop down few degrees when i move backward abd also forward
2019-3-28
Use props
losga77
lvl.1
Italy

Here is a video with the problem going backward:

2019-3-28
Use props
losga77
lvl.1
Italy

And in this video you can see the same problem going forward. If i tilt up the gimbal above horizon, as i start to move forward the gimbal drops down. Don't tell me it's normal: in the first flights it did not happen!

2019-3-28
Use props
losga77
lvl.1
Italy

No one can help me? Neither from Dji!
2019-3-29
Use props
callaway2288
lvl.2
United States

I have this same problem and it's very annoying! Missed many scenic shots because of this problem. Please DJI forward this off to the engineering team.
2019-3-29
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

Said several times, this behavior is normal in every drone! At each change of the drone's sudden state of the drone the gimbal responds more slowly and jumps more quickly! I also specifically asked DJI technical department.
Example, when the drone flies quickly backwards its snout is up, if you brake sharply its snout will beat down very fast but the gimbal does not have all this speed and then jerks down with a jerk!
2019-3-30
Use props
losga77
lvl.1
Italy

Enrico, non è affatto normale, perché all'inizio non lo faceva! Non so se hai visto bene i video, appena si va in avanti (anche a bassissima velocità) il gimbal si abbassa! Questo non può essere un comportamento normale! Tra l'altro a diverse persone con questi stessi problemi dji ha chiesto di rimandare indietro il drone!
2019-3-31
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

losga77 Posted at 3-31 01:23
Enrico, non è affatto normale, perché all'inizio non lo faceva! Non so se hai visto bene i video, appena si va in avanti (anche a bassissima velocità) il gimbal si abbassa! Questo non può essere un comportamento normale! Tra l'altro a diverse persone con questi stessi problemi dji ha chiesto di rimandare indietro il drone!
Tutto normale! Tutti i droni lo fanno, e chi lo ha sostituito se lo è ritrovato tale e quale! Se tu alzi la cam come fai vedere nel tuo video e poi acceleri il muso del drone picchia in basso e come detto più volte questo ampio movimento veloce del assetto del drone è notevolmente più rapido del giunto cardanico che va a fine corsa per tenere impostata quella elevazione della Cam che metti e dunque come sorta di sistema di protezione del gimbal stesso porta a vedere quel sobbalzo! Ho fatto ricerche ancora lo scorso anno per questo problema! Tranquillo
PS : al inizio non lo faceva solamente perché non avevi settato quella angolatura e/o quella velocità del drone tale uguale a quando te ne sei accorto del problema , proprio come è successo a me 4 mesi fa
2019-3-31
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

EnricoBrun Posted at 3-30 17:24
Said several times, this behavior is normal in every drone! At each change of the drone's sudden state of the drone the gimbal responds more slowly and jumps more quickly! I also specifically asked DJI technical department.
Example, when the drone flies quickly backwards its snout is up, if you brake sharply its snout will beat down very fast but the gimbal does not have all this speed and then jerks down with a jerk!

Enrico please, you clearly don't know what you are talking about... That behavior in Normal mode isn't  'normal'. my drone doesn't do it and the majority of DJI's drones do not exhibit that.  
2019-4-1
Use props
callaway2288
lvl.2
United States

It would be nice to know what DJI thinks of this??
2019-4-1
Use props
Koelkop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22814806 ft
South Africa

I take it you are flying in sport mode.

Its a simple matter of angles. The drone is tilting more than the gimbal can handle when braking after you go backwards and stop. same applies going forward, you tilt the camera to maximum tilt upwards and then expect it to stay there while going forward aka drone tilt forward. If there is wind it will show even more.
2019-4-1
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

El Diabolico Posted at 4-1 05:49
Enrico please, you clearly don't know what you are talking about... That behavior in Normal mode isn't  'normal'. my drone doesn't do it and the majority of DJI's drones do not exhibit that.

I repeat! All normal, it all depends on the sudden change in the drone's attitude!
2019-4-1
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

EnricoBrun Posted at 4-1 21:34
I repeat! All normal, it all depends on the sudden change in the drone's attitude!

In NORMAL, the attitude doesn't change so suddenly! If your drone is doing this, open a ticket with DJI customer support!
2019-4-1
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

El Diabolico Posted at 4-1 22:41
In NORMAL, the attitude doesn't change so suddenly! If your drone is doing this, open a ticket with DJI customer support!

all the drones do it, it changes flight attitude quickly and under certain conditions you will see the gimbal that will point at the bottom! like when you put the cam up high and go ahead with the drone, the cam suddenly drops! all normal bro!
2019-4-1
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

EnricoBrun Posted at 4-1 23:41
all the drones do it, it changes flight attitude quickly and under certain conditions you will see the gimbal that will point at the bottom! like when you put the cam up high and go ahead with the drone, the cam suddenly drops! all normal bro!

WRONG. In Normal mode it doesn't behave like that. In SPORT mode yes. The only way that can happen in Normal (P) mode is to flight against high wind speeds.

ps. You are Italian, please stop saying 'bro', it sounds really weird.
2019-4-2
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

El Diabolico Posted at 4-2 02:53
WRONG. In Normal mode it doesn't behave like that. In SPORT mode yes.

ps. You are Italian, please stop saying 'bro', it sounds really weird.

Even in P mode! Test! Raise your cam, give it all gas drone ahead and you will see that the cam is lowered bro!!
2019-4-2
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

EnricoBrun Posted at 4-2 02:59
Even in P mode! Test! Raise your cam, give it all gas drone ahead and you will see that the cam is lowered bro!!

Are you joking??? Do you think I am talking theoretically or what??? I've tested it many times after I talked to DJI because this was happening in Sport Mode. They said it was normal against high winds to compensate for the attitude and they asked me to test it in P and T modes, full throttle. No problem with those 'BRO'.

You did exactly the same with your issue related to the waypoints. You made some weird statement, didn't accepted any other opinion and kept complaining that the drone had an issue when it is was quite clear that you didn't knew how to set a night shot...
2019-4-2
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

El Diabolico Posted at 4-2 03:05
Are you joking??? Do you think I am talking theoretically or what??? I've tested it many times after I talked to DJI because this was happening in Sport Mode. They said it was normal against high winds to compensate for the attitude and they asked me to test it in P and T modes, full throttle. No problem with those 'BRO'.

You did exactly the same with your issue related to the waypoints. You made some weird statement, didn't accepted any other opinion and kept complaining that the drone had an issue when it is was quite clear that you didn't knew how to set a night shot...

the problem of the waypoint is well known!everyone knows about bugs!
2019-4-2
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

El Diabolico Posted at 4-2 03:05

And also try going at full speed backwards with the horizontal cam and then release the levers and you will see how the cam jumps to -7!
2019-4-2
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

EnricoBrun Posted at 4-2 03:37
And also try going at full speed backwards with the horizontal cam and then release the levers and you will see how the cam jumps to -7!

Nope, not here...
2019-4-2
Use props
losga77
lvl.1
Italy

I was in P mode, not in Sport. And yes  I lifted up the cam but no at it's maximum......i was at +15/20.
It was not so windy and, when I was going forward, it was not at full speed......
Hope that someone from Dji will tell us something......
2019-4-2
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

I dont think that you will find a proper answer. It is just the way it is. Every m2p and zoom i have flown does that.
I also have sent my m2p in service for this issue, got a bad replacement back,  and i just waysted 2 months to get a "new" drone back ...
2019-4-2
Use props
losga77
lvl.1
Italy

Phantom_Film Posted at 4-2 04:23
I dont think that you will find a proper answer. It is just the way it is. Every m2p and zoom i have flown does that.
I also have sent my m2p in service for this issue, got a bad replacement back,  and i just waysted 2 months to get a "new" drone back ...

As it is a very common problem for a lot iv mavic pro 2 or zoom users, I think that Dji should clarify about this
2019-4-2
Use props
losga77
lvl.1
Italy

Phantom_Film Posted at 4-2 04:23
As it is a very common problem for a lot of mavic pro 2 or zoom users, I think that Dji should clarify about this. Others users told their drones do not have this behavior.... Others told that Dji sent them replacement drones and those did not have this problem....... I'm very confused
2019-4-2
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

losga77 Posted at 4-2 04:47
As it is a very common problem for a lot of mavic pro 2 or zoom users, I think that Dji should clarify about this. Others users told their drones do not have this behavior.... Others told that Dji sent them replacement drones and those did not have this problem....... I'm very confused

all the mavic 2 have that "problem" and who tells you it's not just because they didn't fly in those preferred conditions to see this particularity! in fact all fly by filming a low cam on the ground, not directed to the sky, and then no one flies at full speed with the camera that looks at the horizon and then suddenly leaves the sticks !!! in fact if you try the same maneuver out of the sticks slowly the cam won't make that leap! seeing is believing
2019-4-2
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

email received last year, after months of personal research on what (I believed) was a problem:
87CCF4FE-86AA-4C1A-89ED-75C57F2288C6.png
2019-4-2
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

I hope now the situation is clarified even for the most skeptical here
2019-4-2
Use props
High Exposure
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3022789 ft
  • >>>
Australia

EnricoBrun Posted at 4-2 14:39
I hope now the situation is clarified even for the most skeptical here

You are kidding yourself if you think this is normal behaviour, and so is DJI. That is a standard response from them to be fair.

I own and use several DJI drones commercially and have for many years. It happens on my Mavic 2 Pro and the firs time i have ever seen it. The M2P gimbal has worked fine for 8 months and now it has just started jerking down. Even on slow forward/backward movements.
2019-4-11
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

High Exposure Posted at 4-11 16:59
You are kidding yourself if you think this is normal behaviour, and so is DJI. That is a standard response from them to be fair.

I own and use several DJI drones commercially and have for many years. It happens on my Mavic 2 Pro and the firs time i have ever seen it. The M2P gimbal has worked fine for 8 months and now it has just started jerking down. Even on slow forward/backward movements.

If you keep the low cam it will not jump anymore, it only jumps from 0 to + 1 + 2 etc. during sharp drone trim extreme movements. The mavic 2 is unfortunately done that way
2019-4-12
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

EnricoBrun Posted at 4-12 02:19
If you keep the low cam it will not jump anymore, it only jumps from 0 to + 1 + 2 etc. during sharp drone trim extreme movements. The mavic 2 is unfortunately done that way

Enrico, the fact that you have accepted a abnormal behavior as 'normal' doesn't mean that we all have to...

You keep repeating 'at full speed' but then you say that it also happens in P Mode lol
In Sport Mode and 'full speed' it is normal as the camera has to compensate to avoid any props in the shot. In any other mode 1st of all you cannot go 'full speed' and second this doesn't happen.

I bet, DJI technical reps record your calls and play them back during their brakes to have a laugh...
2019-4-15
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

losga77 Posted at 4-2 04:47
As it is a very common problem for a lot iv mavic pro 2 or zoom users, I think that Dji should clarify about this

Please don't listen to this guy and open a ticket with DJI. Their reps have the tendency to say 'normal' every time there's an issue... like Apple states it is normal to get a BENT brand new iPad Pro (???).

Just insist and send your drone for repair / replacement. Mine only does that against high winds in Sport Mode. It seems some defective gimbals have less resistance to the air hitting them.
2019-4-15
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Nah, this is NOT normal.  My Pro 2 or Air do NOT do this, at different altitudes, speeds, winds and modes so far.  Dig deeper into DJI and open a legit ticket.  That 'normal' response, sounds like a default response to clear their incident support queue.  Gimbals are supposed to be steady at ALL times.  This maybe a hardware issue, which may involve replacement or repair OR a software update.  Either way, DJI needs to address this thoroughly.  Keep us posted!
2019-4-17
Use props
christangey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27719574 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Neo Supreme Posted at 4-17 14:51
Nah, this is NOT normal.  My Pro 2 or Air do NOT do this, at different altitudes, speeds, winds and modes so far.  Dig deeper into DJI and open a legit ticket.  That 'normal' response, sounds like a default response to clear their incident support queue.  Gimbals are supposed to be steady at ALL times.  This maybe a hardware issue, which may involve replacement or repair OR a software update.  Either way, DJI needs to address this thoroughly.  Keep us posted!

Agreed, I'm getting it too! It is NOT normal to be moving forward at very slow speed (I mean 5km/hr) with the gimbal tilted up for the shot, to then have it repeatedly drop no matter how many times you reset the tilt up. This has happened to me straight out of the box. One of the great advantages of the M2P over the original would have been to be able to get a shot, say, of looking up at a tree as you curve around it. Can't do it, so what's the point of having a tilt up, is it for static shots?
2019-4-17
Use props
christangey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27719574 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you keep the low cam it will not jump anymore, it only jumps from 0 to + 1 + 2 etc. during sharp drone trim extreme movements. The mavic 2 is unfortunately done that way

Not true, see my post above
2019-4-17
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

Enrico it seems that your 'Normal' email reply for the most skeptical in here (lol) is quickly falling appart.. it seems that people with normal drones don't experience abnormal behavior like yours...  but as long as you are happy with DJI's response, everything is ok. Or not?
2019-4-18
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

all normal! try it yourself:

cam at 0 ° horizon level

mode P

all lever back for 100m so it reaches full speed

release the trigger and you will see your cam jump to -7 !!!

(setting brake default)

More trials and less talk!
2019-4-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules