gimbal dropping down
8950 51 2019-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

...and learn to look at the attitude of the drone brakes suddenly when going to the back, the nose goes down a lot and the cam can not get over this sudden fall of the snout!
2019-4-18
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

The only way to remove this uncomfortable leap is to apply very soft movements to the brake or change the sensitivity of the brakes (to the detriment of safety)
2019-4-18
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

If you understand the functionality of a gimbal, it is to keep the shot/camera incredibly steady.  If the gimbal moves when you didn't intend it too, then the gimbal is MALFUNCTIONING.  If you're cool with your drone malfunctioning and you work around it, great.  Everyone else, doesn't need to deal with their $1,000+ drone malfunctioning, ESPECIALLY, if the main purpose is to record steady, high definition, stable video and pictures.
2019-4-18
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

is the limit of this drone!  a design limit!  in fact he does it only braking abruptly when flying in and the cam is horizontal 0 °, but in most of the shots the cam works looking down, that's why many have never noticed the problem
2019-4-19
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

Neo Supreme Posted at 4-18 16:29
If you understand the functionality of a gimbal, it is to keep the shot/camera incredibly steady.  If the gimbal moves when you didn't intend it too, then the gimbal is MALFUNCTIONING.  If you're cool with your drone malfunctioning and you work around it, great.  Everyone else, doesn't need to deal with their $1,000+ drone malfunctioning, ESPECIALLY, if the main purpose is to record steady, high definition, stable video and pictures.

yours does too, do the test!
2019-4-19
Use props
djiuser_sdSy1oudp00F
lvl.1

Australia

Is this a DJI forum? Does DJI tech support take any notice of issues that are raised on this forum? I had a nice cinematic shot of a beautiful sunset going last night and my Mavic Air 2 did the same thing. The issue is highlighted in this video https://youtu.be/Cq8J-j_JwaA and after reading a few replies to this guys issues I can’t believe people think this is normal, I’ll be getting a refund if this drop of gimbal is normal as it f#cks any good footage.
2020-6-1
Use props
djiuser_L2NZHKGW0FWF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122395 ft
  • >>>
Italy

hi ... today for the first time I too had the same experience ..... the gimbal raised above the horizon for a few degrees, during the descent of the drone it returned to axis by itself .... it's  normal????  thank you all...
2021-1-19
Use props
djiuser_L2NZHKGW0FWF
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

I tried several times, even bringing the gimbal up to the maximum extension and when I went backwards with the drone or down the gimbal was lowered abruptly .... in the gimbal settings I set to exceed 30 ° limit .... thank you all
2021-1-19
Use props
djiuser_L2NZHKGW0FWF
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

losga77 Posted at 2019-4-2 03:53
I was in P mode, not in Sport. And yes  I lifted up the cam but no at it's maximum......i was at +15/20.
It was not so windy and, when I was going forward, it was not at full speed......
Hope that someone from Dji will tell us something......

hello Lorenzo .... if you read my post .... tell me if you have solved it
2021-1-19
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I also think this is normal. All my Mavics (MP, MP2, MA2), do this to some degree. The MA2 had a firmware update recently that simply limited the allowed tilt of the aircraft which all but cured it. But the other Mavics you just have that limit on the amount of movement in the gimbal.

The problem is the pitch of the aircraft, which can be very far forward even in normal mode, for example, if it's trying to maintain 20mph ground speed into a very strong wind, etc. There isn't really anything you can do about it except to just not yank on the sticks!
2021-1-19
Use props
djiuser_yiJHer5mGVuK
lvl.1

Brazil

i was filming this morning on cinematic mode (dji mini 2), the slowest one. I moved the drone forward and the gimbal dropped. It was pointing straight forward and I was not fast at all. It does the same whenever I go backwards too. It is showing this behavior in all modes, all speeds, gimbal all he way down, or not, all the way up or not. It seems like people want to know what's going on on your equipment without having their hands on it. If you don't have anything to contribute, just leave us alone. we need help from DJI, or some advice.
2021-6-12
Use props
GoWincas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3454587 ft
Lithuania

Hi. A have the same problem too. Today i found this from DJI.
It seems the end of the story
2021-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules