1224 7 2019-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019 ... ry-service/10943284

Courtesy of the minority of d**kheads that fly,  we are going to have to be licensed & approved to fly in Oz as of July.  If it cleans up the minority then I am all in favour,  but as with other legislation introduced to rectify a problem,  it will not effect those that flout the law anyway.  The "introductory" license fee I believe is only $20 per annum .........  waell,  it's a start !?

2019-3-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Courtesy of the minority of d**kheads that fly,
Actually this isn't in response to any incident or incidents.
It's courtesy of a particular politician who has been nagging CASA since they brought in the sub 2kg rule change.
He had a senate inquiry and has pushed CASA nonstop to do something to solve the problem in his imagination.
2019-3-28
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

We are currently going through a consultation process on introducing further legislation here. We are already committed to having a registration of aircraft and pilots and having all pilots other than those flying under 250 g to take a test. But I have to agree that no matter what regulations are finalised here it is highly unlikely that those fliers or want to flout the rules or conduct nefarious activities with their craft will want to register. There are also so many secondhand aircraft available that can easily be bought and not registered, especially as we do not have a clue about how many aircraft are actually in the country. It is a start, and a start is needed. let us hope both with our friends in Australia and indeed all over the world, that we are not over regulated to the point where flying these craft becomes prohibitive. I hold a PfCO already, and that is expensive enough. I am happy to abide by any new regulations , and I am sure the overwhelming majority of pilots will do too.
2019-3-28
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Just think of the tremendous advantages of having your pizza delivered by drone out of Canberra... -if I read the article correctly :-)
2019-3-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this information with us. Please abide by our local policy when in terms of flying drones. Cheers!  
2019-3-28
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Labroides Posted at 3-28 02:45
Courtesy of the minority of d**kheads that fly,
Actually this isn't in response to any incident or incidents.
It's courtesy of a particular politician who has been nagging CASA since they brought in the sub 2kg rule change.

Wouldn't involve a Mr Smith would it ?
I do think that a few silly incidents have brought things to the fore though.

2019-3-29
Use props
greydog15
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1925066 ft
Australia

I would like to know if CASA will want to look at the DJI stored flight data?
2019-5-1
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

greydog15 Posted at 5-1 04:04
I would like to know if CASA will want to look at the DJI stored flight data?

Rumour has it they monitor YouTube posts,  so who knows what they'll want.
Gawd knows how they will catch up with all the existing owners/flyers.  I'll be in the net as I have an ARN anyway
Time will tell greydog
2019-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules